Have you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjm3eyes

Registered
Reaction score
Algernon Blackwood Shridan Le Fanu Henry James Shirley Jackson M.R. James Flannery O'Connor

What do you think of them?

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Lots, from all of them. As have many thousands of other people. They're all great writers, who have produced what are deservedly considered classics. I could list five hundred others in the same category. What's your point?

caw

Fjm3eyes

Registered
Reaction score
Blackwood, Fanu. et all

Thanks to all for replying. Actually, I just wanted to know if they were read. There's some fine examples of the short story represted here. Perhaps they can lead into a discussion of some sort, I don't know. I don't know if the question has any point other than this.

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
Wow. Yeah. Commas would be nice since I haven't even heard of most of those authors it's hard for me to seperate the names.

As far as that, I think I've read Henry James and Shirley Jackson in high school. Didn't leave much of an impression.

But then nothing from high school left an impression.

J. Weiland

Lurker
Registered
Reaction score
Just read The Willows by Algernon Blackwood. A horror masterpiece in my opinion. No one writes like that anymore; beautiful prose, and hauntingly creepy. It was part of the collection Ancient Sorceries and Other Weird Stories, so I'll definitely read more from him.

Fjm3eyes

Registered
Reaction score
The Willows

The Willows indeed is a very good story. For others, you can try Best Ghost Stories of Algernon Blackwood. There you will find The Willows, Ancient Sorceries, and more. Happy reading!

I was non-committal about ghost stories, thinking they were just haunted house stories and such, until I started reading Blackwood and other classics.

Status
Not open for further replies.