Anthology contracts

Ashleen

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.AshleenOGaea.com
Hullo!

It's been ages since I've been here -- and I'm back today with a question for a friend. She's having an piece published in Llewellyn's Pantheacon anthology, and wonders whether it's usual for anthology authors to have no share of royalties. My own experience with this has gone both ways, and I'm not sure what to tell her. Ideas?

Thanks!

Ashleen O'Gaea
P.S. I finally took a deep breath and created my own website - my very first effort. Check it out at www.AshleenOGaea.com and let me know what you think!

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
Hullo!

It's been ages since I've been here -- and I'm back today with a question for a friend. She's having an piece published in Llewellyn's Pantheacon anthology, and wonders whether it's usual for anthology authors to have no share of royalties. My own experience with this has gone both ways, and I'm not sure what to tell her. Ideas?

Thanks!

Ashleen O'Gaea
P.S. I finally took a deep breath and created my own website - my very first effort. Check it out at www.AshleenOGaea.com and let me know what you think!

Do you mean that she's just getting a lump sum, then?

astonwest

2 WIP? A glutton for punishment
Registered
Reaction score
Website
astonwest.com
I wonder if this would get answered quicker in the Bewares and Background Check board...

I, too, would be interested in whether you mean this is a lump sum payment or if they're just not paying anything to the anthology authors. If the latter, I'd say something stinks rotten...