Life with a two year old

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
The following pic is of my computer screen...

IMG_2026.png

Yes, my daughter decorated it with stickers while I was cooking dinner.
They don't want to come loose, either.

*sigh*

What can I say? She's artistic ;)

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
At least it's just stickers. Mine has figured out how to mouse and has started trying out search strings on google...I'm afraid of what might happen if he manages to tap out "XXX". :eek:

*breaks out parental controls*

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Ah...my tv had the same look a couple weeks ago. I'm still trying to pick off sticker goo from the screen.

My son is three, so you have a ways to go. Sorry. :D

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
they look like bullet holes.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Glad to see you have AW up on your screen!

They do look like bullet holes, don't they? Two-year-olds are worse than those smoking monkeys.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
In our old house, my office was in the basement and the basement doorknob had a child guard on it. Ergo, no unwanted little people in my office.

However, fast forward to this week - my office is on the 2nd floor and my two year old figured out how to work the doorhandle. I've found him in my office pounding merrily on my laptop's keyboard four times already. He did something to make the navigation bar at the top disappear (I had to reboot to get it back.) I shudder to think what else he'll do when I'm not around. :D

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
Yup, it's amazing what the little ones can do to wreak havoc. My daughter did something to my email and everything disappeared. I couldn't figure it out and had to call Apple support. She also did something to make the screen to go black. That was traumatizing -- turns out she figured the precise combination of keys and mouse clicks to adjust the brightness and contrast of the screen. Me, I had no idea how to do any of that and again had to call Apple support. Don't get me started with what she did to the CD drive on the Mac. Let's just say that I'm happy it still plays with that weird wire dangling out ;)

Ah, good times.

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
Hahahaha!
I totally understand!
I've had all my desktop files changed into random numbers and letters. (They haven't discovered the sticker technique yet.)

Jaycinth

Your Cuddly Sociopathic
Registered
Reaction score
My second home computer..(we are talking a 1992 model IBM clone)

My daughter put her doll plates in the cd drive (they fit perfectly) and closed it and typed in some code which totally crashed my computer and all of my work. Not only did I lose just about everything...(Back up? why you only back up FINISHED DOCUMENTS..RIGHT???)

...But the computer was totally trashed and it was almost 2 years before I could afford another.

The only saving grace was I had backed up my current wip so I could work on it during work breaks, so I had accidentally saved a copy on my work computer. I had to re-create all my financial stuff..and a couple of outlines and short stories were gone forever.

Is this a good time to remind folks to BACK UP!!!!!

Shadow_Ferret

Court Jester
Registered
Reaction score
Website
shadowferret.wordpress.com
The only saving grace was I had backed up my current wip so I could work on it during work breaks, so I had accidentally saved a copy on my work computer.
Accidentally, she says. :rolleyes:

"Honest, boss, I thought I was typing the minutes to the last accounting meeting! I have no idea how that got there."

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
The little terror renamed a few of my bookmarks as well. I stared at them for about two minutes before I realized what was wrong with them. Talk about blonde moment :D

As I'm typing this, he just learned Mommy's chair has wheels and he can push her all over - I've been wheeled under the desk twice during this sentence. :D

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
2 year olds are fantastic....

waking up to find your make up bag has been emptied into the toilet is fantastic too.

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
My daughter put her doll plates in the cd drive (they fit perfectly) and closed it and typed in some code which totally crashed my computer and all of my work.

My son parked his hotwheels in the VCR video slot.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
What did toddlers do before we had computers????

Pulled out all the pots and pans and dented them.
Wore all your high heels and scratched the shit out of them.
Broke all the erasers off the tips of all the pencils.
Disassembled anything they could get their hands on.
Lost things down the vents.
Lost things between the seats of the car. (usually food that either spoiled or petrified)

What else... ? Too long ago. I can't remember. Thank God.

Soccer Mom

Crypto-fascist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
You forgot flushing things down the toilet, Unique. Someday I'll be able to laugh about the $400 Skittles wrapper--the one a kid flushed that somehow got stuck in a filter in my septic system and ended up burning out a motor in the pump. Ugh.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
What about shoving things up their noses?

Actually, ironically enough, my two year hasn't done this yet - but his sister (who'll be 7 next month) wedged a couple of M&Ms up there a few weeks ago. It's the first time (that I'm aware of) that she's put anything up her nose. **sighs**

Yep - she's a blonde, too. :D

My son, however, eats crayons - we went to IHOP tonight for dinner and they give out crayons and paper placemats for kids. Well, my son scribbled for a moment, then suddenly had an "AHA!" moment, and started gnawing away on the crayon. I got it away and fished out as much as I could, but he ate some of it. Tried to eat the 1/2 & 1/2 cups as well.

Yep - he's also a blonde...

Magdalen

Petulantly Penitent
Registered
Reaction score
Many moons, and many moniters ago, my two-year old tried to stick a magnet onto the screen. The (back then) CRT had a white spot ever after. And then it became obsolete. C'est la vie.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
Well, I don't have any kids (yet) and I don't think I have that natural born mother instinct, either, so if the good Lord decides to give me a child I'll letcha know...

I live with my one-year old nephew and I think the best thing I've seen him do is last week he got stuck between the toilet and the wall trying to fish out a toy from behind it. I had to pull him out. All I saw were legs thrusting back, and his little voice cry for help. Poor child!

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
My son closes himself in the closet and then can't figure out how to get back out. Our new house has a lot of closets and sometimes you have to follow the plaintive cry to release him. I crack up every time I have to say, "Jay, will you just come out of the closet?"

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
One of my kids put a refrigerator magnet in my CD drive.

Yeah, I freaked out a little. :D

akiwiguy

AW Inmate #90976
Registered
Reaction score
One of my kids put a refrigerator magnet in my CD drive.

Yeah, I freaked out a little. :D

I recall when our kids were little my son slipped something into my pocket while I was busy talking to someone on phone. I didn't pay any attention, then spent about a day wondering why my cash-flow card was suddenly useless at every machine in town. Then discovered the fridge magnet.