PDA

View Full Version : help categorize my nonfic WIP

Uncarved
11-08-2007, 10:00 PM
Its on sexual fetishes.
It goes into each fetish, the history, the lifestyle of its participants, any trivia or interesting tidbits about the fetish, etc. Told in an encyclopedia format.

What does this classify as? Its not a sex book, but its about sexual things. Gah. I've done too much today and I just can't grasp the right "label" for this book to slide into. (And that would be helpful when I'm writing up the proposal)

Thanks for any and all comments,
Tina

flashgordon
11-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Broadly, it could fit into psychology and sociology, perhaps anthropology if it covers several cultures. Other categories include gender studies, alternative lifestyles, sexuality, reference, abnormal psychology, human sexuality, fetishes... I'm sure there are more. It sounds like a very fascinating book...

wordsmith
11-11-2007, 07:11 AM
What flash said, only I'd add history in there too, possibly...social history that is.

Ziljon
11-11-2007, 09:01 AM
I think you'd find it under "Human Sexuality" in a bookstore.

pollykahl
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Sounds to me like it could be reference or human sexuality, but it might depend on your target audience. If it's for college courses it would be educational. Maybe it would help to look up similar books and see how they're listed, like The Joy of Sex. That's the same basic encyclopedia format, only yours is more specific.