Three and a half months old...

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
...and Zach has started teething.

I'm in the middle of two novels, couldn't this have waited?

Somebody hold me.:flag: :cry:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
*rubs hands together*

Our plan is working, my Precious!

It is working!

illiterwrite

Registered
Reaction score
I feel your pain. My 6 month old popped out his first two teeth at 3.5 months too. And hasn't stopped teething since.

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
hang in there, rookie, it'll pass.

and then the next milestone will come.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure - Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but - he's not been breastfeeding the Jr. Jetson.

:D

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
My wife, in a fit or hormonal wossname, but a teething toy two weeks ago, and I mocked her for it. Now the shoe's in the other court!

of course, being three and a half months old, it doesn't really fit in his mouth and he's barely figured out what his hands are for, let alone for holding things.

*whimper*

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
I'm pretty sure - Pete, correct me if I'm wrong but - he's not been breastfeeding the Jr. Jetson.

:D

It is amazing how little time I have spent breastfeeding him.

(No breastfeeding, from day two. All bottles and formulas)

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
Oh, the days of soggy zwieback toast gifts from pudgy little hands. Why do all kids just love to give you their chewed toast, especially onto dark pants or jackets?

It's a conspiracy, I say.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
Better get him over to the orthodontist, PeeDee. No sense waiting for the inevitable.

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I seem to recall a nightmarish horror plot you had once, wherein children began eating everyone? Or some such.

Sleep well tonight, Mr. Dee.

Sleep well. :ROFL:

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Oh crap, he's turning into one of the Pinskies! Aaaaah! *runs for the hills, sans son*

cray

Superior Life form
Registered
Reaction score
before we go too far, i would ask you all please please don't tell peedee that teething is like the easiest of all the fun stuff that will befall him in the next few years.

tee hee

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
By the prickling of my thumbs
Something teething, this way comes!

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Well, the good news is this: It usually takes a bit longer for the first ones to come out, so he'll be teething for a good month... Oh, wait, GOOD NEWS. No, I don't have any.

Finn is working on all 4 of his "I" teeth. He already has 12 teeth including all 4 first molars. If you think those little wee bottom ones are bad, wait until the molars buddy, just wait. Bloody blisters, up all night from the pain, sleeping only as long as the tylenol lasts... Good times.

According to the dentist, they start teething when the teeth begin to shift under the surface, which causes pain, itching, general discomfort. From initial movement, he says it can take anywhere from 2 weeks to a few months. Enjoy!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Insert evil laugh here. No. Really. Insert it here...

I love that my kids are past those baby stages. Love it! We are almost at the empty nest!!!

We have empty nest syndrome in our house. My wife and I can't wait for the nest to be empty.

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Drooly. I remember Rain getting seriously drippy drooly. ick.

But this is what I told him: "these ... are icebars ... and we can have as many as we want." :)

Heck, you don't even have to open them. Just let him chew. When it thaws out - refreeze!
(more for you that way)
of course, I lived in FL and you're in the tundra ... oh well. sorry 'bout that chief.

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
He's finally dozed off, thank God.

I wanted a parrot, people....A parrot!

*sob*

My wife and I have been hesitant to start loading him up on children's Tylonol (we're hesitant about medicine and kids, especially when it's just us giving it), but I'm going to load him up on something if he doesn't stop fussing.

Anyone want to come babysit? I'll just go to a coffee shop and someone can bring me a spice tea, and I'll get some writing done. Yes? Yes?

PeeDee

Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Wait, nope, my mistake, not dozed off. Just catching his breath for the Second Movement, in A minor.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
He's finally dozed off, thank God.

I wanted a parrot, people....A parrot!

*sob*

My wife and I have been hesitant to start loading him up on children's Tylonol (we're hesitant about medicine and kids, especially when it's just us giving it), but I'm going to load him up on something if he doesn't stop fussing.

Anyone want to come babysit? I'll just go to a coffee shop and someone can bring me a spice tea, and I'll get some writing done. Yes? Yes?
You will get no writing done until he starts school. Get used to it.

My kids started teething at 3 months and got their first teeth...wait for it...at EIGHT months. So. There's that. All that drool and fussiness does not mean teeth will magically pop out any day now.

You might be able to write if you are prepared to do so standing up, walking in circles, and with a child strapped tightly across of the front of your chest. Your call.

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Don't forget the climbing, Caro. From about 6 months to about 3 years you can't let them out of your sight. Put down your writing utensils and strap yourself in for some cupboard and curtain climbing excursions.

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Now I'm not a mom... never been one... but I've got nieces and nephews and grand-nieces and grand-nephews and great-grand - you get my drift. Doesn't teething cause diarrhea, too?
Diarrhea, sometimes a rash on their little handsies, fever, crankiness, supressed appetite, I could go on and on...

With tylenol, we hardly ever give it to him, actuallly. And if we do, it's only a 1/2 dose. We save it for the ultra desperate situations. Usually, the best remedy for Finn is a cup of milk and a cuddle.

Pete, if I lived nearby, I'd take Zach for the afternoon. No, really, I would! :)

ETA: Caro's right. The babybjorn worked wonders for us!

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Awww...I'm so lucky. When Nick started teething he was probably 6 months old and he popped six teeth in a couple months. No crying, no nights awake. They just showed up one morning and it didn't seem to bother him a bit. The molars were a little more uncomfortable but not much. A little Tylenol and he was good to go.

I feel for you though, Pete. And if you were just a bit closer, I'd come babysit for you (well, for Zach...not you.) :)

~Kristie, missing the baby years...but not enough to babysit my ex-husband's new baby!