poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
http://austin.craigslist.org/wrg/465411858.html

Need a "hit" woman who's willing to be a temporary pen pal...

My straying significant other has posted a personal ad and I need someone to be his "pen pal" so I can obtain more precise information about what he's up to. If you've ever been burned in a relationship before, this is a golden opportunity to channel your anger, satisfy your taste for revenge and make a bit of extra money in time for the holidays!

For this temporary job assignment, you'd need to be able to create a fictional persona: A 30+ year old single female that is a professional or creatively employed, is average looking and knowledgeable about literature, arts, politics and current events. She needs to be intelligent, well read, politically left, clever, sharp witted, inquisitive, imaginative, flattering and alluring with an expansive vocabulary and way with words. To balance all of this dull perfection, she also should possess one or more of the following qualities; quirky, eccentric, streetwise, tough, maladjusted, bitter, jaded, sarcastic, etc. Bad childhoods and other vulnerabilities are a plus.

He lives out of state, so you'd never have to meet him nor would I ever think of asking you to. I'd be the middlewoman, you'd send me your correspondence and I'd send you his replies. If you want complete anonymity, it's all yours, I'll be happy to pay you using Paypal or something. Please believe me when I say that this is not a joke or a prank. I'm thinking that I can afford to pay about $20 per email (depending on the length) and that the job would require about 5 or 6 emails at most.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Gee. I'm halfway tempted. What's it pay?

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
A 30+ year old single female that is a professional or creatively employed, is average looking and knowledgeable about literature, arts, politics and current events. She needs to be intelligent, well read, politically left, clever, sharp witted, inquisitive, imaginative, flattering and alluring with an expansive vocabulary and way with words. To balance all of this dull perfection, she also should possess one or more of the following qualities; quirky, eccentric, streetwise, tough, maladjusted, bitter, jaded, sarcastic, etc. Bad childhoods and other vulnerabilities are a plus.
So, Janeane Garofalo?

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would need to be a woman.

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
It might give the aspiring male writer a chance to see if he can convincingly write in a female voice.

Maryn, bristling at being expected to read (tee-hee)

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
But would this be like being published? Sure I'd get paid for writing, but only a couple people would read it.

It would be poetic justice (okay, I'm not a poet, maybe someone else should judge this) if the straying SO sees this ad, recognises the sitiation and generates a generic address and Paypal account and responds and 'gets the job' of being a 30-something e-mail female (oh what a cute rhyme, email female - maybe I do have poetic talent).

robeiae

Touch and go
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
thepondsofhappenstance.com
It would be poetic justice (okay, I'm not a poet, maybe someone else should judge this) if the straying SO sees this ad, recognises the sitiation and generates a generic address and Paypal account and responds and 'gets the job' of being a 30-something e-mail female (oh what a cute rhyme, email female - maybe I do have poetic talent).
Wha?

Heyyyyyyy...wait a second, here! Now, I'm pissed.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
No, the topper was the family that wanted a nursing mother to provide milk for all of them, in exchange for room and board. She could bring the baby.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Personally I think this one is a hoax. It's too well written to be genuine. Why would this person want someone else to write the notes if they are so literate themselves?

poetinahat

say it loud
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Maybe she's building a case to divert suspicion from her own wicked self.

Nuh-uh, I'm not helping her out.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
:) All joking aside.....Do any of you ever wonder where Hask finds all these things he posts? Where do you find the time to surf this much?
lol
I can always count on you to find interesting things......lolol

(Runs and gets pen. Writes down the instructions for this pen-pal stuff.)

Last edited:

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
I think I've just discovered my new career.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
:) All joking aside.....Do any of you ever wonder where Hask finds all these things he posts? Where do you find the time to surf this much?
lol
I can always count on you to find interesting things......lolol

(Runs and gets pen. Writes down the instructions for this pen-pal stuff.)
He probably cheats by googling the right keywords to get to the right sites. Googling quirky news gets me to these, among others:
http://www.ananova.com/news/lp.html?keywords=Quirkies&menu=news.quirkies
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/popnewscathome.php?x=7