Prejected

Status
Not open for further replies.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
Okay, you optimists: I've been widely reviled here as being too negative, having a bad attitude about publishing, etc. A considerable degree of that is true, and deserved. So, for some days I've contemplated making a new, fresh round of submissions. I just got on line to research small presses that publish fiction of the unpublishable sort that I tend to write.

The first web address I clicked on, an allegedly highly-respected legit publisher, crashed my browser.

What is God trying to say to me?

caw

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
If a crashed browser is all it takes to stop you, my dear, no wonder you're in such a "blac" mood all the time. :)

I challenge you to submit even a third of what I have! Come hang out in the coffee house of pain! What won't kill you will make you stronger!

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
Mozilla. IE is God's way of saying, "You need a security breach."

caw

I agree. That said, some websites were created by people that don't seem to get that. I'm on Firefox and love it to death.

I hope you manage to reach the submission info, anyway. Good luck!

Wraith

The demon in your inkwell.
Registered
Reaction score
Oooh, so being berated about how negative you are made you submit a round?

Wait til everybody finds out. ;)

Good luck with submitting! God is only telling you that your negative vibes make sites crash. That's ok, I expect AW comes next, but it doesn't matter as long as you submit. :tongue

Wraith

The demon in your inkwell.
Registered
Reaction score
blacbird said:
No. Boredom, an affectionate loudly-purring cat, bloody-minded obstinancy and a couple glasses of decent chardonnay did.
All very good things. Especially the obstinacy. (Okay, maybe it ties wth the Chardonnay...)

JJ Cooper

Registered
Reaction score
Keep pushing on. It's gonna be all the more sweet when you get your work published.

I'd try a nice glass or two of Port - warms the blood and puts fire in the belly.

All the best.

JJ

Pike

Chivalry ain't dead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.spikeo.bravejournal.com
When ever a divine moment comes along like that, I think back to Lethal Weapon when Danny Glover mutters, "God must hate me." Then Mel Gibson replies, "Hate him back; it works for me."

Once we see where each other is coming from the rest is down hill.

Pike

Pisarz

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sharppenediting.com
A shot of chilled premium vodka is liquid courage through and through.

I'm obstinate too, blac. When I get a rejection, I revise if needed and/or send out queries until I get a request to offset the rejection. I query widely and get rejected widely, but I get my share of requests because of it--many from agents whose interests and client lists vary greatly from one another.

Keep going!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
God is trying to tell you to eat the dishes.

caw

Toothpaste

THE RECKLESS RESCUE is out now!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.adriennekress.com
If a crashing computer is a sign . . . we're all doomed!!

But to be honest, it is a tiny bit amusing (in a sick sick way) - the second you decide to get back into the game . . . I could see something like that happen on Curb Your Enthusiasm or something.

(and as one of the ones who have "reviled" you here for your negative ways - dude, I know that personally the only reason I even mentioned it is that I really think you are a good writer and will be published some day. Small comfort I suppose, but I just really feel it will happen. Like my friend I talked about before, the one who had a decade of rejection [and with whom I also would tell it would happen, because it was so obvious it would - just pointing out my genius], now that she has just got this two book deal with Harper Collins, OMG you've never seen a happier woman! Just you wait when it happens to you, then you will become so unbearably wonderful that I will post a note reviling that ;) !)

Last edited:

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
What? You? Negative?

Say it ain't so, bird!

:)

Seriously, good luck with the submissions. A computer crash is just a few faulty electrons, y'know. It's not a sign of divine intervention.

Just Me 2021

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
I actually love your "negative" posts. You make me laugh.

"Caw," right back atcha.

Here's hoping you get pubbed soon. <raising glass in your direction>

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
your work is sick (which, i understand, means extremely good and novel). from what you posted in syw, i'd consider going into agenting just to see it happen for you. i know it's a bitch to push something for years with little more than somebody's sister nodding pleasantly saying, "well, i can't say i completely understand it, but that lady with the big hands was so cute," ... (sorry, personal digression). anyway, you'll be there. keep the wine habit. i use beer like rip-fuel when it comes to submission time *not endorsed by aw or its affiliates*.

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
If your query/cover letters are as self-deprecating as your posts here, I'm not surprised you remain unpublished.

But you get high marks in my book for tenacity. :D

I vote that the crashing is God trying to tell you, "Aim higher."

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Did you get kicked?

Status
Not open for further replies.