PDA

View Full Version : What am I? (the reverse pictionary game)

WillowArcane
11-04-2007, 07:01 AM
Seeing as the "describe that image" game failed, I thought I'd give it another try, this time in reverse. The object of this game is to take a picture and describe it without actually mentioning it by name or being too specific. The next posters then try to figure out what it is. When it is either ID'd, or no-one can figure it out, then the describer can post the image for everyone to see. The point is to learn how to look at what would probably be ordinary, mundane and every-day objects and present them in a new light creatively.

It's not great, but here's my attempt...

The firm blood red flesh skin was pleasing to her eyes, smooth and flawless. It crunched crisply as she bit into it, and she enjoyed the sweet, succulent juices like a hungry bird would nectar. As she nibbled towards the center greedily, she was eventually forced to cease as the small black nubs revealed themselves. Holding it by its slender brown stalk, she wiped a bit of juice from her chin with the back of her hand and tossed away the thin remains of her snack.

Good luck! :)

choppersmom
11-04-2007, 07:21 PM
It's an apple!

When I saw it, I knew I had to possess it. Its smooth, clean lines, the sound it made, the way other people looked at it - I had to make it mine. I inched closer to it, hoping no one would think I was trying to jack it. I was almost afraid to touch it, but I had to. It was still warm with the unseen power that would reveal itself only to those brave enough to harness it.

WillowArcane
11-04-2007, 10:05 PM
Yup, that was an easy one, wasn't it? :tongue But yours? Um...not so much...

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/WIllow_Arcane/Red-Apple.jpg

choppersmom
11-05-2007, 03:55 AM
It's an apple!

When I saw it, I knew I had to possess it. Its smooth, clean lines, the sound it made, the way other people looked at it - I had to make it mine. I inched closer to it, hoping no one would think I was trying to jack it. I was almost afraid to touch it, but I had to. It was still warm with the unseen power that would reveal itself only to those brave enough to harness it.

That's a clue!

Kerr
11-05-2007, 04:00 AM
A car?

Kerr
the dark one

WillowArcane
11-05-2007, 08:33 AM
I have no idea :( A wall plug/internet jack? *feels dumb* -_-

choppersmom
11-05-2007, 12:16 PM
Kerr wins it!!!

This is fun!!

OK, here's another:

Even from afar, his power is obvious. The muscles are wound tight beneath his skin, ready to fly at the smallest sound. Closer, his eyes capture your attention, intelligent, observant, ready to appraise you. You think to master him, but you will learn he is not to be bested. He gives because he loves, not because he must. Your partner, your friend, your ally - a partnership perfected throughout the eons, brought to life in him, and in you. Ride long, partner!

WillowArcane
11-05-2007, 11:36 PM
A dog?

choppersmom
11-05-2007, 11:54 PM
Very close - they are sometimes found working together.

Hillary
11-06-2007, 02:46 AM
Horse!

choppersmom
11-06-2007, 03:07 AM
Yay for Hillary!

Now someone else post a description, so I don't totally house Willow's thread!

Trish

threedogpeople
11-08-2007, 06:51 PM
Window to the stars.

shakeysix
11-08-2007, 06:59 PM
an observatory? the one that is located in chile. in the andes? the thing is i cannot figure how to post a picture. --s6

now i describe something?

the hallway is dim and very cold; green and gray linoleum, gray tiled walls. just inside the book cluttered room the air is warmer thanks to a bank of tall, old fashioned windows. the autumn sunlight pours over the geraniums on the window sill and pools in honey brown puddles on the oaken floor. eleven studiously bent heads, from platinum to raven, are intent on sus tareas . pens scratch on paper.

hope i am doing this correctly. you should be able to pin this down exactly.

Pthom
11-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Hogwarts?

shakeysix
11-08-2007, 10:28 PM
a high school spanish classroom in a circa 1928 building. the boiler is broken down again. the modern wing is freezing cold but the old second floor is livable thanks to the windows. so the kids are sitting in the sunlight to do their tareas--spanish assignments. --s6

this has to be fast--lunch time almost over (clue--lunchtime)

a steamy, silver cylinder topped with a black screw cap. a paper tag dangles out of the cup that usually serves as a lid.

dolores haze
11-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Tea in a travel mug?

shakeysix
11-08-2007, 11:51 PM
in a thermos--like an old fashioned travel mug. have been swilling it all morning to stay warm--s6

do you have a description?

dolores haze
11-08-2007, 11:59 PM
Densely black with membrane wings, forever flying in a sea of chemical.

Pthom
11-09-2007, 12:17 AM
A horsefly in a cloud of DDT? lol

dolores haze
11-09-2007, 12:32 AM
A horsefly in a cloud of DDT? lol

Close, but wrong animal and wrong chemical.

shakeysix
11-09-2007, 01:38 AM
i am wanting to say bat but the sea of chemical is not right. how about pterodactyl skimming over a steaming cretaceous swamp? --s6

dolores haze
11-09-2007, 01:53 AM
i am wanting to say bat but the sea of chemical is not right. how about pterodactyl skimming over a steaming cretaceous swamp? --s6

I'll take that answer. It's my paperweight - a bat in a jar of formaldehyde.

Pthom
11-09-2007, 02:15 AM
Someone needs to provide the next description.

shakeysix
11-09-2007, 02:42 AM
when leaves are sere and fallen" --okay, not my own but a line from an old English ballad titled Barbry Allen. what is the speaker describing here?

dolores haze
11-09-2007, 02:52 AM
when leaves are sere and fallen" --okay, not my own but a line from an old English ballad titled Barbry Allen. what is the speaker describing here?

Winter?

Pthom
11-09-2007, 03:01 AM
Autumn. Martinmas is in November.

Not very large, its crinkled surface is encrusted with crystaline granules. Sharp, habit forming, its inticing aroma fills my memories of childhood, grandmother, school. It is a disk--or two, or a dozen--doesn't matter. I will take all you can provide.

dolores haze
11-09-2007, 03:40 AM
Sugar cookies?

Pthom
11-09-2007, 03:57 AM
Close. ;)

Wrong color.

dolores haze
11-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Ginger snaps?

choppersmom
11-09-2007, 07:48 AM
Peanut butter cookie?

shakeysix
11-09-2007, 07:52 AM
am i right?

Pthom
11-09-2007, 11:36 AM
Ginger snaps?
You got it. I'm a cookie monster for those things, especially home made with extra ginger. :D

choppersmom
11-10-2007, 03:10 AM
Little bottle, instant relief. But don't drink it! You'll need it when the ragweed is out to get you.

dolores haze
11-10-2007, 03:19 AM
Calamine lotion?

choppersmom
11-10-2007, 04:26 AM
No, even smaller bottle. You're on the right track, though!

dolores haze
11-10-2007, 05:03 AM
Visine?

choppersmom
11-10-2007, 05:04 AM
Well done, Dolores!! One nice fresh rep point, comin' up!

WillowArcane
11-10-2007, 07:36 AM
Well, been away from the board a while, and I'm glad to see the thread still alive. I must say though, that this wasn't exactly what I had in mind :tongue The idea was to describe an object literally, rather than in an obtuse or obscure manner, but still try to be creative/poetic about it. In a book, your reader doesn't have the chance to ask you "is it X?" You have to describe it as accurately as possible. It seems that has drifted into an area of vagueness instead.

Look at my first entry:

The firm blood red flesh skin was pleasing to her eyes, smooth and flawless. It crunched crisply as she bit into it, and she enjoyed the sweet, succulent juices like a hungry bird would nectar. As she nibbled towards the center greedily, she was eventually forced to cease as the small black nubs revealed themselves. Holding it by its slender brown stalk, she wiped a bit of juice from her chin with the back of her hand and tossed away the thin remains of her snack.

Hopefully, one would be able to identify the object by the bolded words if the rest were removed.

Now, compared to the next entry:

smooth, clean lines, the sound it made, the way other people looked at it....still warm with the unseen power

That's really quite vague and roundabout, and described the person's attituted towards the object rather than key details about the object itself, a car. Same with the following post; remove the last few words, and it could be confused for several things.

(not trying to single you out, choppersmom, I hope you don't take offense!)

Also, another one is the visine bottle. Describe the BOTTLE, not what the bottle DOES :D

choppersmom
11-10-2007, 08:16 AM
No offense taken, Willow! :Hug2:

I'm sorry, I totally misunderstood the exercise. Why don't you post a couple more, and I'll see what you put up. Maybe I'll catch on then.

(Although, we *were* having kind of a good time! :Shrug:)

Trish

WillowArcane
11-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Nono, I didn't mean to spoil the fun! What you're all doing is right, just not exactly in the *way* I had expected. Simply describe the object as accurately as possible, rather than vaguely, that's all. "Little bottle, instant relief" doesn't really mean much without the additional mention of ragweed.

*tries to think of something quick and easy to describe, finally finds it on her table*

His large golden eyes stare straight at you, unwavering and strangely piercing, as if gazing straight into your soul. The long slender snout is filled with razor sharp teeth, large nostrils flaring as thin wisps of smoke seem to curl around the edges. Above the eyes sit long slender horns, shimmering golden in the sunlight, that curve back to a sharp point. Smooth scales, deeply blue and purple, cover most of his muscled yet slender body, becoming a light shade at clawed hands and feet. Massive webbed wings stretch to a greath width, allowing him to fly with the greatest of ease and agility, despite his great mass. Finally, a long tail lies beside him, barb-tipped. Mentally, he calls out to you with a single question; What am I?

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 02:11 AM
Dragon! Ohhh, I love dragons!

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 03:56 AM
i thought it was on the kitchen table--a housefly maybe. clearly i am not getting this.

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 04:54 AM
OK, how about this one:

He was for sale at Pets Warehouse. We already had the cage, the running wheel, a little bitty house for him--all we needed was some food and treats. He's so tiny and cute! The first thing he did when we set up his new home and put him in was stuff his cheeks with seeds and stuff. Then he dug around in the bedding, sat on his wheel (but didn't know yet how to run on it), and fell asleep.

WillowArcane
11-11-2007, 05:25 AM
Shakeysix - um....houseflies don't have claws....or long tails...or razor sharp teeth :Shrug: *is confused at how you'd think that* It's a dragon statue on a small curio table, I made no mention of it being my kitchen table...

Choppersmon - you're not describing the object, you're describing what the object *does* :(. There's very little difference between a gerbil, a hamster, and a mouse from your description. This would be better to describe a hamster:

I held it in my hand carefully yet firmly, lest it it's lightning quick and unpredictable motions allow for it's freedom. Long, soft brown fir covered its somwhat round form for all but its tiny little hands and feet. It had round alert ears and pure black eyes, tiny little nose twitching above sharp incisors. If I wasn't careful, it could leave quite a gash in a fingertip. A somewhat short tail finished its profile, unlike a similar creature who had none to speak of. (that's actually a somewhat difficult object to choose)

I think the problem with this is that it got turned from a *description* thread into a *riddle* one instead.

The point was that if you found an object and have asbolutely NO clue in the world what it was, and tried to tell someone about it so they could ID it, how would you do it?

Ah well. I really don't mean to spoil anyone's fun, by any means and apologize if anyone sees it as such!

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 06:21 AM
Ahhhhh...That made it more clear. :e2smack:

I'll try to do better. :e2bummed:

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 07:21 AM
she has a plastic, leering grin on her whiskered face. one plastic paw is raised in an insincere greeting and she is wearing a pink flower between her pointy little ears. she is sitting on a giant, electric, pastel pink cup of tea--well, giant if you are two inches tall. the cup is blinking a manic 9:58, over and over.

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 07:34 AM
Hello Kitty alarm clock????????

Umm, why would you have one of those? Why would ANYONE have one of those?

WillowArcane
11-11-2007, 07:58 AM
That's exactly what kind of description I was looking for, shakeysix. :D

*laughs hard* :roll: :ROFL:That comment of yours made me lol, choppersmom. I second the hello kitty alarm clock idea.

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 08:06 AM
omigawd. that is exactly right! my daughter is away for the weekend and the thing is blinking in her room and i can't stop it.

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 08:13 AM
Unplug it! It's a minion of Satan anyway, you might as well disable it before it eats your heart right out of your chest while you sleep.

I'm going to try one I heard when I worked at a store years ago, from someone who couldn't think of what you call the thing she wanted - I won't say what kind of store, cuz that might help to give it away.

It's sort of yellowish, and you open it like a book. It's made of paper, but it's thicker than paper, but not as thick as cardboard. You put papers inside of it.

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 08:26 AM
Couldn't find it in pink, but is this the demon you described?

http://www.thisnext.com/item/FCC8557E/Hello-Kitty-Teacup-Clock

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 08:33 AM
she is sitting on a pink cup and saucer with a yellow slice of lemon. i shouldn't laugh at her. she was the only radio that came in clearly this spring during the tornado. we had her down the basement with us for almost an hour.

your turn--s6

WillowArcane
11-11-2007, 08:35 AM
Sounds like some sort of basic card box, like you'd put greeting cards in but larger. Other than that, I dunno :(

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 08:54 AM
of some kind? --s6

a town so nice they named it twice? can i guess that one? wilkes barre?
terre haute? baton rouge? oh, gotta be wall-walla ! or wagga-wagga --home of the brothers gibb. --s6

choppersmom
11-11-2007, 10:18 AM
Not a card box...Portfolio is closer, but not not quite there yet.

I'll give you the big hint - it was an office supply store that I worked at.

Town so nice they had to name it twice - New York, New York!

Cuz, y'know, the city and the state are both New York...It's from an old song, but I can't seem to find out what song it is.

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 05:26 PM
frank sinatra sang it, i think it was from a movie. will check it out. my husband was from hicksville! but he was born in the bronx. he used to sing it all the time.--s6

could it be just an ordinary manilla folder?

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 05:44 PM
ah--the movie was "new york, new york". from 1977. liza minnelli sang it in the movie not frank sinatra. she does a great job with it too. i have--had an album--yeah swear to god vinyl--with tony bennet singing it. you can hear sinatra doing it on youtube. i had forgotten all about the movie. i think i did see it. wonder if we could do movies on this thread? give a description of something concrete from a movie?--hey arcane! is that viable?

here goes: it is Y shaped and vital. it uses a huge amount of energy. without it he cannot get back to where he came from.

WillowArcane
11-11-2007, 09:58 PM
Sure, it doesn't matter where the object comes from, so movies are fine.

"Y shaped and vital" is reaally vague. How large? What kind of energy does it use? What is it made of?

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 10:02 PM
no man made energy of that magnitude available in the fifties. so he must harness a lightning bolt--talk about a give away!--s6

WillowArcane
11-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Um....okay.... I had a *slight* inkling that you might be refering to time travel, right? (Back to the future movie?) but again you were extremely vague. I think you might still be thinking "riddle" instead of just description :(. Also, Choppersmom's desc hasn't been figured out yet -_-

shakeysix
11-11-2007, 10:27 PM
manila paper was my last guess--s6

WillowArcane
11-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Oh, I have an idea. It's sort of like a folder, but not quite, and sort of opens like a book, but not quite. I have one myself, its an accordian folder, halfway 'tween paper and cardboard like you said. Except mine are green. (sorta like this:)
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/WIllow_Arcane/folder1.jpg

I also have something similar that has slots to hold multiple papers, but mine's made of plastic and has a closing flap. Still opens the same way though. (similar to this)

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/WIllow_Arcane/folder2.jpg

Am I close? :Hug2:

choppersmom
11-12-2007, 03:33 AM
It is a file folder! I laughed and laughed when my customer couldn't think of it. She was someone I worked with all the time, so she laughed too, and said she felt so stupid even asking. One rep point for s6!

Trish

choppersmom
11-12-2007, 03:42 AM
ah--the movie was "new york, new york". from 1977. liza minnelli sang it in the movie not frank sinatra. she does a great job with it too. i have--had an album--yeah swear to god vinyl--with tony bennet singing it. you can hear sinatra doing it on youtube. i had forgotten all about the movie. i think i did see it. wonder if we could do movies on this thread? give a description of something concrete from a movie?--hey arcane! is that viable?

I don't think it's the song "New York, New York" - it's from a much older song, and that line doesn't appear in "New York, New York." I can't seem to find out what song, but the line comes up everywhere on Google, without referencing a source. Grrr! I know it's out there, but I can't find it! I hate that!

Trish

shakeysix
11-15-2007, 10:28 PM
this is a pretty little morsel. not much bigger than a fifty cent coin. it is made up of 3 circles, stacked on top of each other. two are a very light, buttery toasted biscuit color. the middle is white and creamy. the outside circles are embossed with tiny daisies. there is a man's signature in the center of either outside circle. chomp! it is gone. --s6

choppersmom
11-16-2007, 05:30 AM
Ooh, ooh, it's one of those cookies! I don't know the brand! It's a vanilla sandwich cookie!!!! WHAT ARE THEY CALLED??????

Gotta go Google...

choppersmom
11-16-2007, 05:39 AM
Curse you, s6, with your dastardly questions! I am foiled in my attempt to unmask your cookie brand.

shakeysix
11-16-2007, 07:49 AM
__________________ c'mon. you are a mom. you should know how toshop for cookies--value over price. they aren't the most expensive but they are the best--s6

choppersmom
11-16-2007, 08:35 AM
*mumbles incoherently* But my kids don't like vanilla sandwich cookies, so I never buy them! All my men are Chips Ahoy guys. I'm dying here! I know I've seen these, and I can't remember when or where!

shakeysix
11-16-2007, 08:45 AM
famous amos. te toca a ti-- your turn. --s6

choppersmom
11-16-2007, 09:26 AM
OMG, I cannot be-LEEEEVE I couldn't think of that!

I am heartily ashamed of myself.

OK, here's one - near and dear to my heart, if you will:

Smooth glass, wrapped in black. Been around for 134 years, probably will be around for another 134 years. A sweet nectar from the banks of the Mighty Mississippi, evoking scenes of days gone by - get comfortable and enjoy responsibly! (Also includes a man's signature, if you can believe it!)

WillowArcane
11-16-2007, 10:04 AM
Shakeysix - I've never heard of that brand before. Either it isn't sold where I live or I've just never paid enough attention.

Choppersmom - My husband says Jack Daniels whiskey :tongue

Black glass - you mean that figuratively, right? Wrapped in black *what*? You're not being very specific :poke:

Glad to see this thread still alive! :D

choppersmom
11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Wrapped in a black label. I thought if one got as far as a bottle, a label would be pretty obvious from there. :D

Your husband is on the right track. Jack's is close, but from Tennessee, not from the banks of the Mississippi, although Tennessee is apparently just as hard to spell! Stupid fingers....There are several clues built into the description. Says on the label, Established 1874. The label has a scene of a plantation - pretty much an icon of the SOUTH - on the banks of the Mississippi, with a steamboat on the water. A man's signature is embossed into the glass under the label. And the best clue of all - get COMFORTABLE!

Someone's gotta put this together now!

shakeysix
11-16-2007, 05:01 PM
my dad had a liquor store. i dusted bottles for most of my life. i am guessing "southern comfort". --s6

ps--vienna fingers and cameos are good too. i am a vanilla cookie fiend

WillowArcane
11-16-2007, 09:59 PM
I'm afraid that 1) we live in Canada so wouldn't be able to readily identify certain things from the south, and 2) we don't drink :tongue The only thing he'll touch is wine.

And I'm a chocolate chip and viva puff cookie fiend, myself ;)

shakeysix
11-16-2007, 10:15 PM
so what is a viva puff? can you describe it? i thought you called cookies biscuits in canada. --s6

WillowArcane
11-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I think you're thinking of Britain perhaps? We most certainly don't call them biscuits in Ontario, anyway. Viva puffs have a typical round disk bottom that is a yellowish type cookie, then a half-dome of marshmallow on top with jelly in the center, such as strawberry or raspberry. All covered in chocolate. On wiki, they're supposedly called wagon wheels in the US, but I think those are flat. Originally called "niggers" in Europe 200 years ago!

Best picture I can find. Just add jam in the center and you get the idea

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p73/WIllow_Arcane/250px-Whippet_cookie.jpg

shakeysix
11-17-2007, 01:51 AM
i know those beauties. my sibs and i just call them "those cookies grandma used to buy. you know, with the chocolate covered marshmallow jam business" we never knew the name. haven't seen them on the shelves in years. there were vanilla ones too--with nuts in the centers. describe a canadian snack and see if we get it. i am just leaving school and starving for a cookie fix--s6

choppersmom
11-17-2007, 02:50 AM
Southern Comfort takes it! Don't be judgin', but I love that stuff. We invented a new drink where you mix it with 7-Up Plus Mixed Berry flavor. It's called a Station Wagon, because the first glass we mixed it in had a picture of a station wagon on it. It's awesome!

Oh, and BTW.....vienna fingers......mmmmmmmm....DOH!

Those viva puffs sound awesome, but I've never seen them here. We get Mallomars, but I don't really care for them.

shakeysix
11-18-2007, 08:37 AM
it is old--rustic. it is made of native stones, mainly a deep red and dark brown sandsdstone. the stones are about the size of a basketball to a soccer ball. they were cut in irregular blocks. the mortar is grayish white. the keystones are white and set in a perfect semi-circle. the hand rail is capped in the same white stone. the hand rail is about waist high. a plaque says that it was a wpa project. it arches over a shifting, rattling current of autumn leaves. there is another one a few yards to the south. that one is circa 1970; red brick and concrete--boring.

wpa--a gov. funded project done by one of roosevelt's depression busting agencies.

choppersmom
11-20-2007, 03:56 AM
I am stumped by this one. Some kind of memorial in a park?

dolores haze
11-20-2007, 05:15 AM
A bridge?

shakeysix
11-20-2007, 07:05 AM
a memorial bridge in our small park built by the wpa in 1934. no water in the creek right now. just autumn leaves. it is all red and green christmas lights tonight. wish i could show you a picture of it--s6

choppersmom
11-20-2007, 07:14 AM
Hey, we're both right! We get to share the glory.

OK, here's one:

He's gray and white, with short fur. He's a nice big handful, and plump from getting too many treats. He's sweet and smart and affectionate, and even though I never wanted one because I didn't think I'd like the tail, I'm glad I have him. He's a good boy, and the nasty reputation he and his relatives have gained over the years is not really deserved.

WillowArcane
11-20-2007, 08:37 AM
a ferret?

shakeysix
11-20-2007, 04:46 PM
raccoon?

choppersmom
11-21-2007, 04:08 AM
No and no. Smaller than either.

shakeysix
11-21-2007, 05:45 AM
my friend in illinois has one that climbs into her lawn chair and sits on the arm--s6

choppersmom
11-21-2007, 05:51 AM
AWWWWWWWW! How precious! I wish I had a little chipmunk. But no, a liiiiittle bit bigger.

shakeysix
11-21-2007, 05:52 AM
to tame a squirrel...would you?--s6

choppersmom
11-21-2007, 07:26 AM
Actually I would. I'm pretty crazy. But I haven't yet. A little smaller! And not tree-dwelling.

WillowArcane
11-22-2007, 02:58 AM
chinchilla?

choppersmom
11-22-2007, 03:13 AM
Well, I do have four chinchillas, but they have lovely tails! Think of a smallish animal with a less than stellar reputation, and that has a tail that is, umm, so unattractive that it might turn someone off from keeping the animal as a pet. I can't say why the tail is unattractive without getting into the realm of giving it away, but think of an animal's tail that you would not want to touch.

WillowArcane
11-22-2007, 09:23 AM
Well, seeing as there are very few "pet" type animals I wouldn't want to touch, I'm afraid I don't know. It's not a chinchilla, a ferret, a chipmunk, a racoon, and I doubt it's a skunk since that's the same size as a racoon. Unless it's a baby skunk. But a skunks tail *in itself* is fluffy and nothing special. A rat, maybe?

choppersmom
11-23-2007, 07:05 AM
Rat is correeeeeect! (That's my game-show-host voice.) I have two. I always thought the naked tails were nasty, but I'm used to them now, and it turns out they're not exactly naked, they have a very thin, fine coat of hair on them. And they are fancy rats, not, you know, like sewer rats, that carry disease. Mine would never dream of spreading filth.

shakeysix
11-23-2007, 05:15 PM
was a rat. i guess. in a way.

choppersmom
11-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Wasn't he a mouse? I don't remember.

shakeysix
11-24-2007, 12:27 AM
yes, i guess he was. my 2 year old grand daughter is nuts for him. calls him little mousie boy. heyy--i'll bet we watch some of the same videos, read the same kid books.
can you guess what this is?

a peaceful winter midnight: suddenly it materializes from nowhere, a piercing light through fog and snow. the town shudders, windows rattle, knick knacks fall from shelves. a ghost whistle grows into a roar; the sound of ghost steel grinding on ghost steel and then a mighty swoosh.

choppersmom
11-24-2007, 02:53 AM
Hmmm...maybe "Polar Express?"

shakeysix
11-24-2007, 03:02 AM
have watched it 4 times now with magnolia, my g-daughter. we even have hot chocolate when they serve it up on the train. "there is really only just one rule: never, never let it cool!"

te toca a ti--it is your turn

choppersmom
11-24-2007, 04:12 AM
Hey, got one on the first guess! I'm so proud.

OK, here goes:

They might appear as a mist, or as an orb of light. They might not appear at all, just make their presence known by touch or sound. Most people don't think much about them, or ever even see one, but some seek them out.

shakeysix
11-24-2007, 04:27 AM
my sister and i saw orbs once. i saw them first and poked her awake so she could see them too--s6

choppersmom
11-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Yes!! I've seen orbs too, in the old building my job was in before we moved. Mr. Jay, the president of the company, died before we moved, but was integral in planning the move, including the design and construction of the new building. His successor, Vito, and my boss, Richie, were arguing about something to do with the new building, and while they were shouting at each other, I happened to look into Jay's old office and saw a ball of light come from the top of the bookcase on the right-hand side of the room, drop down the front of the bookcase, shoot across the top of Jay's desk, make a 90 degree turn on the left side of the room, and shoot out the glass of the window. It reappeared on the left, moving through the open doorway from Richie's office, through Jay's office, and through another open doorway into Vito's office, then it disappeared. I was freaked out! I totally believe in ghosts. And it was so odd that Jay should make his presence known during an argument between Vito and Richie, about a project that was so important to him before he died.