PDA

View Full Version : I got me one of them fan-cee com-pee-zeeshun books.

Project nachonaco
11-04-2007, 04:17 AM
I use it both as a concordance for my novel and a general journal about writing.

Anyone else use a composition book (not like a school notebook) for that?

KTC
11-04-2007, 04:22 AM
I do...often for thoughts more so than for writing actual prose. I use the balck and white speckled ones...you know the ones. Man, I love them. They are so I'mawriter. I use them for thoughts, poetry and stream...

Ziljon
11-04-2007, 04:38 AM
Funny, I think they are so I'mafirstgrader. ;)

Just kidding.

Personally, I go for the breast pocket moleskin cahier.
http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/moleskine_1973_10228188

steveg144
11-05-2007, 03:36 PM
I have one word for you: "Moleskine." Beware: they are addictive.

scarletpeaches
11-05-2007, 03:40 PM
I have one moleskine; I use it for my poetry. It cost around ten pounds which is the most I've ever paid for a notebook, so I wanted to make sure I'd use it for something I'd want to keep, not just notes or shopping lists.

I have a BlacknRed for what remains of the second draft of my WIP. That cost around 2:50.

And I also have a small, suedette-bound notebook for my daily thoughts; I call it an 'epistolary journal' because it's addressed to someone but they'll never read it. That was 5.

Other than that, I write on scrap paper or in cheap notebooks. But yes, moleskines are so lovely that I want to buy another one. I just can't think of what to use it for. My next novel's first draft, maybe? Or because there would be corrections and crossings-out, would it be an unnecessary expense? Do others use moleskines for rough drafts?