PDA

View Full Version : How long?

black ink
11-02-2007, 07:45 AM
I submitted some children's poetry (Babybug/Carus) 6 1/2 months ago. According to their website, I should have a response in 6 months. When is an appropriate time to contact them again? Should I give it another month? And when I do contact them again, should it be by mail? I don't have an email address, and I'm not sure that tracking down any old one would do me any good.

Any thoughts on this completely newbie question? Thanks :)

Siddow
11-02-2007, 04:27 PM
It's been my experience with Carus that they take a long time. They send the submissions to outside readers, and things tend to get lost that way. If I were you, I'd wait another month, and if you haven't heard back, just re-submit. It's in their guidelines to re-submit, since they don't have a good system in place to track submissions.

I hope you hear some good news soon!

aka eraser
11-02-2007, 06:00 PM
For goodness sake, get an email address! It's essential nowadays. Either get one from your ISP or get a gmail addy from Google. (http://mail.google.com/mail/help/about.html)

I'd follow up if you don't get a response in a couple more weeks.

Good luck.

Shadow_Ferret
11-02-2007, 06:22 PM
How long?

That's a rather personal question, isn't it?

(unrepentently stolen from Monty Python)

stormie
11-02-2007, 06:28 PM
^^:roll:^^

Now, back to the real question: Yep, as Frank said, you really should have an email address. They're free at Yahoo, Hotmail, or gmail. But from what I remember about the Carus publications, they don't accept emails from any one not pubbed with them. Wait about another month. They do take a long time to respond. I think I once waited eight months.

awatkins
11-02-2007, 06:53 PM
And when I do contact them again, should it be by mail? I don't have an email address, and I'm not sure that tracking down any old one would do me any good.

I could be mistaken, but I believe the OP is saying that he/she doesn't have an e-mail addy for the editor. :)

aka eraser
11-02-2007, 07:04 PM
I could be mistaken, but I believe the OP is saying that he/she doesn't have an e-mail addy for the editor. :)

Oops. You're probably right Anne. That'll learn me to read a tad more carefully. :)

black ink
11-02-2007, 08:20 PM

You are correct! I probably have five of my own, lol! But sorry for not being more clear.

Anyway, thank you all for the advice. I appreciate it. :)

awatkins
11-02-2007, 10:34 PM
Good luck, black ink! :)

And Frank, I suspect that furry little jumping bean you call Benny may have distracted you. ;)

stormie
11-05-2007, 09:45 PM
Yeah, I'm at fault too, for not reading Black Ink's original post correctly. But wait a minute: Frank started it all! :D