Time to mosey on...

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Yep, just over three weeks from now and I'll be packing my bags and leaving.

Goodbye Arizona.

Hello Texas!

Maybe I'll swing by Austin and give Haskins a cactus or a rattle snake I found on the roadside. I have a bag full for my friends. That be cactii...

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
Hey, I'm leaving in two weeks, but unfortunately not moving. I'll even be in Texas for a couple hours on each end. Scary...

I'll wave to you from the evil airport (points if you know what I'm talking about). Good luck with the move!

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
huh, i didn't think you could legally leave arizona? what are you going to do with your ... uh ... collections?

Kentuk

I want to write what I want to write
Registered
Reaction score
Yep, just over three weeks from now and I'll be packing my bags and leaving.

Goodbye Arizona.

Hello Texas!

Maybe I'll swing by Austin and give Haskins a cactus or a rattle snake I found on the roadside. I have a bag full for my friends. That be cactii...

Great, you're already spooky, now you'll be under the influence of Texas. If you're smart you'll stay in Austin.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
huh, i didn't think you could legally leave arizona? what are you going to do with your ... uh ... collections?
I may not be legally in the states. Maybe the need to revoke my passport and send me back to Holland.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Great, you're already spooky, now you'll be under the influence of Texas. If you're smart you'll stay in Austin.
I suspect someone will offer to let me stay with them for a bit. I can afford $65.00 a week in rent.

Joe270

Banned
Reaction score
If you're smart you'll stay in Austin.

Nah. Austin's trashed. It was really great back in the seventies when it was still small. By the mid-eighties they'd paved over the most beautiful areas when the Californians poured in like water from a dam break.

It's still got the same attractions, you just have to wait in line hours to see 'em.

Try San Antonio, Spooky. Lots of great towns there. Stay out of Baytown. The air is toxic.

If you go to a bar that has more than three pick up trucks out front, don't go inside. Find another bar.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Nah. Austin's trashed. It was really great back in the seventies when it was still small. By the mid-eighties they'd paved over the most beautiful areas when the Californians poured in like water from a dam break.

It's still got the same attractions, you just have to wait in line hours to see 'em.

Try San Antonio, Spooky. Lots of great towns there. Stay out of Baytown. The air is toxic.

If you go to a bar that has more than three pick up trucks out front, don't go inside. Find another bar.
Thanks for the heads-up Joe. But I'm partial to Dallas/Fort Worth. I'm lining up interviews next week and the following with fortune 500 companies.

Come visit me bud. I'll treat you to a great steak dinner and even throw in a can of beans.

louisgodwin

Back from the dead
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score

Man, this is Texas we're talkin 'bout here. . . That's EVERY bar.

drachin8

post-apocalyptic bunny
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads-up Joe. But I'm partial to Dallas/Fort Worth. I'm lining up interviews next week and the following with fortune 500 companies.

Come visit me bud. I'll treat you to a great steak dinner and even throw in a can of beans.

Yes, come to DFW...join the dark side!

:)

-Michelle

Serenity

NCIS...
Registered
Reaction score
...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the hea
Hey, I'm leaving in two weeks, but unfortunately not moving. I'll even be in Texas for a couple hours on each end. Scary...

I'll wave to you from the evil airport (points if you know what I'm talking about). Good luck with the move!

The only truly evil airport I know of in Texas is the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport of Hell. I DETEST the place. Love the area, just hate the airport.

Anyhow Spooky, luck to you on the move!

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
I dunno if Texas is big enough for you and Haskins, Jon :D

You bringing the cats, too?
Nope, we gots our own kind of cats in Texas.

brokehighfrequency.jpg

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
The only truly evil airport I know of in Texas is the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport of Hell. I DETEST the place. Love the area, just hate the airport.

Anyhow Spooky, luck to you on the move!
I don't mind DFW airport. Flown in and out enough times on my way back home, to Holland, and a few other destinations. I need to make some money for the next couple years until I can return to Haarlem and settle down for a writing career.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Dat cat don't meow. It say, moo.

You know you're gonna miss the jackalopes, Spooky :D
I don't think so. I squeezed all the writing out of this place and now it's time to hit up Dallas for some stories. I'd rep you, but I can't rep or PM anyone for some reason. Maybe Mac banned me last night, but forgot to do a thorough job. :Shrug:

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
I don't think so. I squeezed all the writing out of this place and now it's time to hit up Dallas for some stories. I'd rep you, but I can't rep or PM anyone for some reason. Maybe Mac banned me last night, but forgot to do a thorough job. :Shrug:
Maybe, Mac just slapped you on the wrist. Like the nuns used to whack me w/ the ruler when I was a kid :D

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
Maybe, Mac just slapped you on the wrist. Like the nuns used to whack me w/ the ruler when I was a kid :D
So I can't say nice things about people in a rep? I'm not sure what kind of punishment that is...I'll get back with you on this later.

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
until I can return to Haarlem and settle down for a writing career.

you really from haarlem? that's a sweet town. once you get your career going there, me ol' lady will have eu dual citizenship. i'll come and you can get my writing career going.

Jean Marie

calm waters ahead
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jeanmariewiesen.com
So I can't say nice things about people in a rep? I'm not sure what kind of punishment that is...I'll get back with you on this later.
I don't know, did you ask her? Wait, you don't have pm...try email...carrier pigeon...do you have those in AZ...

Were you bad, again? Am I being redundant?