Hi! I'm new. Is a fairy tale story a YA fiction?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerrold peralta

Is a fairy tale story a YA fiction or a short story. I posted my work this morning at "share my work" forum and I would like any one to critic about my story. It is called "Gargoyles and Warlocks 1 and 2. Let me know what you think about it. Is it a YA story or more like a Short Story. I had a problems putting it on the screans because the indentions just disappeared. Just ignore it if you can. Let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Jerrold

Kida Adelyne

Me got zero cookies!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi Welcome!

YA and short story are two totally different classifications.

YA is meant for teens (usually 12-17 or so) This is opposed to childrens or adult fiction.

Short story is just telling the length (usually under 10k). Theres also novella, and novel.

So you usually have a classification from both, ie. YA short story.

Hope this is helpful, and have fun in the forums.

-Ally

jerrold peralta

To Kida Adelyne

Thanks for responding. Now I know the difference. I posted my story at "share my work" and the members at "Short Story" told me I have to show-my-work instead of telling it. I thought to myself maybe I was just at the wrong genre. You think, fairty tale stories still works for Ya this days?

Jerrold

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think you find as many as in previous years. Most YA today have an edge to them. Most traditional fairy tales would be "boring" to today's YA reader. So, if the fairy tale has and edge and the action gets going right away at the beginning, it certainly can be done. Find a way to make your main character be interesting to teenagers.

Status
Not open for further replies.