PDA

View Full Version : Blisters

scarletpeaches
11-01-2007, 01:49 AM
I've had some cracking ones on my toes these past two weeks. I like to stick pins in them and watch them deflate. Just now I have a piece of lint stuck to the side of my big toe with a plaster round it, to soak up the debris from today's foot-damage.

Tell me about your blisters and abscesses and spots and all the detritus therefrom.

Yay me! I used detritus in a post!

Hillary
11-01-2007, 02:17 AM
I am stupidly tall, so I walk around barefoot a lot. This leads to my feet getting calloused, cracking and then bleeding all over the place in the wintertime. I get callous treatments done when I'm feeling wealthy, or slice my feet apart with scalpel when I'm too poor to rectify the situation via the spa.

threedogpeople
11-01-2007, 02:28 AM
I suffer from cracked heals & fingertips all winter long (dry weather....). I finally found something that helps...

Scarlett you should like this...it's kinda' weird.

I trim the dead skin away, then I glue the sides of the split together with that liquid bandage stuff. Finally, I use NexCare first aid tape to bring the sides of the split together. After a couple of days you can get rid of the tape & they'll heal after a few days.

Before I figured this out, I had one heal split that wouldn't heal for 3 years (really).

Judy

seun
11-01-2007, 01:48 PM
This is probably the most revolting thing I've read so far today. OK, it's only ten to ten in the morning but surely nothing can be more gross than this conversation. :D

dpaterso
11-01-2007, 02:01 PM
The vile disgusting shame of athlete's foot (http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80548)

I had a scratch-fest last night and can honestly say I've never felt so satisfied, this was a bell-dinger, a heavenly chorus.

-Derek

Bmwhtly
11-01-2007, 02:10 PM
I like to stick pins in them and watch them deflate. Just now I have a piece of lint stuck to the side of my big toe with a plaster round it, to soak up the debris from today's foot-damage.I think we should see other people.

Maryn
11-01-2007, 04:33 PM
Near the end of a long shower or bath, pumice stone to remove excess callus, especially areas prone to cracking.
After bathing, heavy lotion (something that specifies it lasts 12 hours or more) applied to feet (and legs and hands), including soles. Takes less than 3 minutes to be absorbed, so chill.
Shoes that freakin' fit, no excuses such as fashion, or barefoot.
Socks or stockings or knee-highs or something between you and shoe, unless it's a sandal.
Late in the day, when feet are fully dry, abrasive callus remover. The perfect TV activity!
Before bed, reapply lotion to feet, or better, a product designed for feet.

If you do this faithfully, you can end cracked heels, blisters, and other foot miseries.

Maryn, foot goddess (with feet nice enough to kiss!)

C.bronco
11-01-2007, 04:35 PM
Ew Scarlet!
Soak your feet in warm water and epsom salt.

Haggis
11-01-2007, 04:38 PM
I'm pretty sure this thread belongs in the horror forum.

maestrowork
11-01-2007, 04:49 PM
This is probably the most revolting thing I've read so far today. OK, it's only ten to ten in the morning but surely nothing can be more gross than this conversation. :D

I guess I shouldn't talk about the boil on her bum then.

seun
11-01-2007, 05:25 PM
I guess I shouldn't talk about the boil on her bum then.

I demand proof there is such a boil.

Meerkat
11-01-2007, 05:38 PM
There are perhaps two dozen thread subjects on a page. I read the subject. I read the author of the thread's name, and recognized it. This is the thread I chose to open. This one.

Does anyone want the rest of this donut?

benbradley
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
No thanks, for some reason I'm not hungry.

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 08:06 PM
I'm glad I peeked in here before lunch. Now I can start that diet I've been meaning to.

*gags*

I am stupidly tall, so I walk around barefoot a lot.
Pardon my ignorance on this, but what does being tall have to do with walking barefoot?

PeeDee
11-01-2007, 08:33 PM
Ed asked the question I was wondering about. Does that mean, if I'm short, I wear shoes? :)

We have a statistically improbable number of bodily function threads on this forum. I expect to come on tomorrow to find CONSTIPATION! I haz it! Help plz!

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 08:37 PM
Maybe she gets dizzy spells having to reach down so far to put on shoes? Or possibly because the air is heavier down here, she has trouble breathing.

maestrowork
11-01-2007, 08:43 PM
I demand proof there is such a boil.

You want pictures? coming up...

There are perhaps two dozen thread subjects on a page. I read the subject. I read the author of the thread's name, and recognized it. This is the thread I chose to open. This one.

You need to reexamine yourself and see if you have certain types of sado-masochistic genes. As far as the donut goes, it has boils.

PeeDee
11-01-2007, 08:44 PM
Maybe she gets dizzy spells having to reach down so far to put on shoes? Or possibly because the air is heavier down here, she has trouble breathing.

I stand at a towering 5-foot-ten-inches, so I have no idea what the air's like up there.

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 08:57 PM
I stand at a towering 5-foot-ten-inches, so I have no idea what the air's like up there.
Ditto.

I've been on ladders though. I had to clean out my gutters. I'll bet she doesn't need a ladder. She just reaches down and cleans them.

Barefoot.

PeeDee
11-01-2007, 08:58 PM
She can come clean MY gutters, that'd be fine.

I'm not afraid of highs, but I get Super-Hero Syndrome when I'm up there (viz., I am overcome with the irrational belief that I should be able to fly, and it bothers me that I can't, and I really want to jump off the ladder).

scarletpeaches
11-01-2007, 08:59 PM
I have no new blisters to report today.

PeeDee
11-01-2007, 09:08 PM
Oh thank God!

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Someone needs to alert the media.

And in other news, Peaches had no new blisters to report. Back to you, PeeDee.

PeeDee
11-01-2007, 09:18 PM
Someone needs to alert the media.

And in other news, Peaches had no new blisters to report. Back to you, PeeDee.

Thank you, Ed. On the local front, I have failed to grow any taller in the past thirty minutes! Experts are predicting this trend to continue well into the afternoon.

And back to you.

writerterri
11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Blisters on the feet= Nose Pickers Syndrome.

PS. I drain mine too. I love it.

Jeese, did I just tell on myself?

Nough said.

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 09:32 PM
In local news, it appears a well-known writer's forum has had an outbreak of puss-filled foot blisters. The CDC has quarentined the forum to determine if it is a localized phenomenon or possible pandemic.

writerterri
11-01-2007, 09:36 PM
The Foot Flu?!!!

Deadbeat 007
11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
All my blisters have become calluses from years in pointe shoes. I really want to do something about the calluses though... Gross!

scarletpeaches
11-01-2007, 09:46 PM
In local news, it appears a well-known writer's forum has had an outbreak of puss-filled foot blisters. The CDC has quarentined the forum to determine if it is a localized phenomenon or possible pandemic.

If I could just correct you there, SF - the reports state the blisters were filled with nothing more than a watery substance related, although not identical, to pus. More on that story later. Now over to PeeDee with some news on PHENTERMINE pushers congregating at the gates of AW.

Meerkat
11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
Reuters picked up the story though, and to be completely accurate reported that although they appeared to be more watery than pus-filled, they didn't taste watery.

Yeah, I went there.

writerterri
11-01-2007, 09:56 PM
ew

Shadow_Ferret
11-01-2007, 10:34 PM
Researchers claim the substance, which is described as having the consistency of vegetable oil, makes a great substitute for artificial sweeteners. According to Dr. Sly Mee, "It really makes your coffee or tea taste great if you can get past the fact that it smells like sweaty socks."

dpaterso
11-03-2007, 02:54 AM
Fun facts about blisters. They're there to protect new skin that's growing beneath the damaged skin. The cushioning fluid within the blister is sterile, like tears, because the new skin is susceptible to infection. If you're bursting blisters with friends, don't share needles.

-Derek

scarletpeaches
11-03-2007, 02:55 AM
Wow, thanks for that! :D

I've had today off, back to work tomorrow so this rest-followed-by-two-days'-work may well result in more blisters to report on my next day off (Monday).

Stay tooned, blister fans!