PDA

View Full Version : What are OTHER things we don't know about you...?

ZannaPerry
11-01-2007, 12:19 AM
I know they give you one choice in our profiles, but what are other things that people hardly know about you?

Ol' Fashioned Girl
11-01-2007, 12:24 AM
We had a tag thread one time a while back where folks had to tell five things no one knew about themselves. Having been tagged about ten times, I got nothin' left! :D Y'all know everything there is to know about Ol' Girl...

... well... there's maybe ONE thing you don't know. And I ain't EVER tellin' that one.

jennifer75
11-01-2007, 12:26 AM
Hmmmm.....I hardly know myself.

DamaNegra
11-01-2007, 12:31 AM
I mostly log in at AW during classes.

JoNightshade
11-01-2007, 12:33 AM
Everyone knows everything about me because I compulsively regurgitate information about myself.

maestrowork
11-01-2007, 12:43 AM
I wear size 14 shoes.

Voyager
11-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I know Ray's shoes are wayyyyyy too big for him.

Stew21
11-01-2007, 12:45 AM
I never use cuss words. I am not sarcastic. I don't use a double entendre' or ambiguity for humor. I don't think puns are funny.

*I can't even keep a straight face - damn it - I am so not a good liar*

KTC
11-01-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm not the least bit funny. I like to see magic in the form of people reaching higher. I'll do whatever I can to help them get there.

scarletpeaches
11-01-2007, 12:50 AM
I have a softer side, to which people like Perks, davids and III will attest, but I keep it well hidden in PMs because I'm scared that people will laugh at me, damn my crippling self-esteem problems!

There, I've said it.

Oh, and I'm NOT a spaz, before you say it, Kevin.

Esopha
11-01-2007, 12:52 AM
I like undies with polka-dots.

WendyNYC
11-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I was thisclose to joining the Peace Corps once. I kind of wish I did.

But I did do some volunteer work in India, if only for a month.

Most people IRL don't know that, because I SO don't look the type.

JoNightshade
11-01-2007, 12:56 AM
I'm still trying to think of something about myself that I haven't said here before.

This is kinda freaking me out. :)

scarletpeaches
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
There's lots the people of AW don't know about me to be honest. Just facts, nothing deep and meaningful (to me, anyway) but I don't mention them because they're irrelevant.

And I don't want to.

And I'm just trying to appear more interesting than I really am.

BenPanced
11-01-2007, 12:58 AM
I did drag shows for a very short period of time in 1986.

JoNightshade
11-01-2007, 12:59 AM
Twice when I was a kid I played a major role in a play. Once it was a christmas play and once it was a school play for my jr. hi acting class.

The second time I discovered stage fright.

I also discovered that I can't actually act. ;)

WendyNYC
11-01-2007, 01:00 AM

Did you dress up as a celebrity?

sunna
11-01-2007, 01:01 AM
The idea of actually being published scares the hell out of me: the more possible it seems, the more afraid of it I am.

Pathetic, no? :)

BenPanced
11-01-2007, 01:03 AM

Did you dress up as a celebrity?
Nope. Just general "lookit me! I'm a guy in a dress lip-synching to Madonna records!" stuff.

JLCwrites
11-01-2007, 01:06 AM
I may need to get braces.... again. (Damn teeth!)

WendyNYC
11-01-2007, 01:07 AM
In 1986 I was very "Lookit me with my rubber bracelets, rosary beads and black lace top! I AM Madonna!"

Silver King
11-01-2007, 01:09 AM
We had a tag thread one time a while back where folks had to tell five things no one knew about themselves...
I think Aruna started that thread. Didn't we have to reveal ten things? I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday but recall each item I listed on that thread from many months ago.

My answer to the OP is that I remember only important stuff. :)

jennifer75
11-01-2007, 01:11 AM
I cram m&ms into my mouth until I get sick.

I drink 3 cups of decaf coffee in the morning and curse when I'm still yawning...

I curse that I drink decaf coffee.

I love Jacoby Ellsbury.

jennifer75
11-01-2007, 01:12 AM
In 1986 I was very "Lookit me with my rubber bracelets, rosary beads and black lace top! I AM Madonna!"

Me too!!!

Pat~
11-01-2007, 01:12 AM
I could tell you, but then I'd have nothing left for that 3-truths-and-a-lie thread. :D

Melisande
11-01-2007, 01:18 AM
Maybe I've already disclosed this about myself. If so, forgive me for being repetative.

I never laugh in the movies, but a good book can give me cramps from laughter.
I find it hard; no, extremely hard, to take anyhing less than serious. Life's too short. The longer I live, the more serious life gets.
I am still fighting my consciousness about things I did, oh, too many years ago...
Few people would know that deep in my heart I am still a romantic.
And with all the above; that I hate myself for being such an ass!

ZannaPerry
11-01-2007, 01:19 AM
Well, this isn't serious but one thing people don't know about me is that I welcome death with open arms, and the afterlife, and....I like to hang around graveyards with friends, but at the same time I am a bubbily personality.

But this is ONE THING that no one knows JUST YET besides my parents. I was just admitted into an Art School that I will be attending at the beginning of 2008. Living there. Working there. Getting ready to start my career in something art. I'm going for Interior design! Really excited about that.

Alas, some thing people don't know about me is that I am a running freak. I love to run. I do it just about every morning before class or work.

jennifer75
11-01-2007, 01:24 AM
CONGRATULATIONS SUZYB!!!!!! Now, go draw something!

ZannaPerry
11-01-2007, 05:25 AM
thank you very much, jen! I am soooooo looking forward to it! :)

Maryn
11-01-2007, 05:32 AM
Hmm. I didn't participate in the other thread, so I've got all kinds of material.

I can sing. Or usedta-could, anyway. I can still carry a tune and make harmony easily. Yet I married a man whose picture appears in the dictionary next to tone-deaf. Until the kids were big enough, I had to lead the singing of "Happy Birthday" on my own birthday or it would be unidentifiable.

Maryn, withholding the good stuff

Susie
11-01-2007, 05:33 AM
Well, y'all know I love chocolate, and love giving rp's. I did have my free verse love poetry collection accepted by an Australian publisher, MetroSeven, a few years ago, but they went out of business, unfortunately. They were going to do it as a print book. Too bad. I used to smoke 3 packs of cigarettes a day, but haven't gone back once in 40 years, even though I eat sweets to excess. Can't think of much else.:)

Voyager
11-01-2007, 05:39 AM
1. When I was 15, I was a boney geek with glasses and braces in desperate need of validation.
2. I hate being dismissed out of hand.
3. My first reaction to any comment about my writing is defensive.
4. I queried an agent before I was done editing.
5. I really do look just like Haskins, Soccer Mom, Celina and Monkey.

John Paton
11-01-2007, 06:18 AM
used to smoke 25 cigs a day - given up 2 years ago.
love singing karaoke - esp elvis sinatra and humperdink.
love country music.
I am a qualified chef and I ran restaurants in England years and years ago.
live with a Sri Lankan lady who is an accountant.
I am acting in something (Film/TV) at least one day a week.

seun
11-01-2007, 02:43 PM
I wear size 14 shoes.

Mine are 13 although I think there's a difference between UK/US shoe sizes.

Bmwhtly
11-01-2007, 02:51 PM
I think I put a sock on inside out this morning.

Stew21
11-01-2007, 03:03 PM
I'm wearing SpongeBob Squarepants pajama bottoms and a corona t-shirt.

seun
11-01-2007, 03:20 PM
I think I put a sock on inside out this morning.

Did you put it on your foot?

Bmwhtly
11-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Did you put it on your foot?Where else?

no, actually, don't answer that.

Hillary
11-01-2007, 03:49 PM
I love Jacoby Ellsbury.

SAY WHAAAA?

For fun, I randomly substitute the word "pants" into famous quotes from books and movies. Go ahead, try it, it's brilliant.

One of my MANY nicknames is Hillaratory. It's booze-related.
I never know which pronoun to use when talking about my very best friend - he or she?
I'm happier today than I have been in... I don't even know how long.

maestrowork
11-01-2007, 04:53 PM
I only wear dark chocolate pants. White chocolate makes me fat.

C.bronco
11-01-2007, 05:56 PM
I once worked as a mason's assistant. I like breaking up rocks with a sledgehammer! Weee!

DamaNegra
11-01-2007, 06:03 PM
I imitate random Street Fighters moves (abuuuuuuuuuget!!) in the middle of the street to freak out people.

I trip on my own feet at least once a day.

I mix up random words in my sentences when talking, and also confuse the tenses.

Most people think I'm stupid until they get to know me. Then they KNOW for a fact that I am stupid :D

DamaNegra
11-01-2007, 06:04 PM
Oh, and in one of those tests where everyone is supposed to answer carrot, I answered broccoli.

reigningcatsndogs
11-01-2007, 06:24 PM
Every guy I ever dated before getting married, died before they reached 40 years old.

Cath
11-01-2007, 06:45 PM
My ma nicknamed me Popacatapetal as a kiddie, because I have a volcanic temper. I've mellowed a little as I've gotten older, but not enough.

Salem
11-01-2007, 07:02 PM
I used to hang out with a group of Mexican mafia guys and I helped them smuggle a stolen Mercedes over the border. (Unkowingly, of course.)

Despite being a make-up artist I loathe make-up.

I have bunji jumped twice.

Besides being a writer and an actress I would also like to be an architect.

sunna
11-01-2007, 08:29 PM
All through high school and my freshman year of college my greatest ambition was to be the next Jane Goodall. I used to practice by watching the goats on the farm I worked at: don't ask me why I thought that would help.

On the first day I had my driver's license I backed into a parked police car and - erm - drove home immediately.

nerds
11-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Noobs are unknown creatures, so I'll venture a few things. :)

I love cows. All types, all cows, both real and decorative.

I got an F in Poetry in high school.

Subsequent to that but not due to it I became a high school dropout.

My father, whom I still think of and miss every day, who broke my heart because he went and died, has been gone for 37 years, which number shocks me.

I call cold rainy days cookie days, because them's the days I bake cookies for comfort.

My feet get cold so I wear gigantic blue fuzzy slippers with hearts on them. The other day I was so absorbed in my WIP that I walked down to the corner store wearing said slippers without realizing. Yes.

I like to walk long distances in blizzards. With boots, not the fuzzy slippers.

:)

writerterri
11-01-2007, 10:05 PM
Look, charge me or let me go.

kalel32
11-01-2007, 11:02 PM
The government won't let me tell you those things.

auntybug
11-01-2007, 11:54 PM
I'm a dork. I know this is true cause writterterri told me so.

dobiwon
11-01-2007, 11:57 PM
I played semi-professional football (American) (which means we were paid $5 a game and had to provide our own equipment and insurance). In the huddle between plays, we often passed around a cigarette and a beer.

rhymegirl
11-02-2007, 03:36 AM
I can read people's minds.

davids
11-02-2007, 03:39 AM
I can read people's derrieres

ZannaPerry
11-02-2007, 03:41 AM
Something else about me... I have an obsession with eyes with lots of makeup. I recently made a collage behind my computer desk of just a million eyes I cut out from fashion magazines. Looks like I have a million eyes on me. It also helps when I do my speeches. I don't get so nervous.

Also, I don't like wearing gawdy makeup. Can't stand to, sometimes.

JLCwrites
11-02-2007, 03:41 AM
I already knew that about you, Davids.

I can type slower than SuzyB.

rhymegirl
11-02-2007, 04:11 AM
I can read people's derrieres

A very special skill indeed.

Remind me to cover up my butt around Davids.

davids
11-02-2007, 04:22 AM
Yes and I will tell you one little more thingy-I have become a trainer to the stars-well at least one here who is doing just great and even though that person whom I respecticate and admireify prolly ate too much candy and poop like at lass night-they should not worry about it cause a it is alright once BUT NOT TWICE IN A ROW!!!! TURKEY YOU KNOW ALL THE GOOD STUFF BOUT ME-YOU SO CUTE GIRL!!!! Ever body ready for tomorrow?

melaniehoo
11-02-2007, 04:27 AM
I was a starter on my high-school basketball team, and I'm 5'1".
My brother, sister & I all have different biological parents, yet our mothers have the same first & last name.
I once squeezed Jamie Foxx's calf.
I moved into an apartment with 5 strangers when I was new to Chicago, and that was before The Real World went there.
I was valedictorian in a class of 25 people.

rhymegirl
11-02-2007, 04:49 AM
Yes and I will tell you one little more thingy-I have become a trainer to the stars-well at least one here who is doing just great and even though that person whom I respecticate and admireify prolly ate too much candy and poop like at lass night-they should not worry about it cause a it is alright once BUT NOT TWICE IN A ROW!!!! TURKEY YOU KNOW ALL THE GOOD STUFF BOUT ME-YOU SO CUTE GIRL!!!! Ever body ready for tomorrow?

Uh, gee, I have no idea whom you are referring to, but I personally did overdo it a bit last night with the pizza and the goodies.

HOWEVER....today I redeemed myself by taking a 30 minute walk.

And I really need to have my mouth taped up for a bit, too. (we have leftovers today....so tempting!)

mkcbunny
11-02-2007, 08:38 AM
I have a reputation for being serious and keeping things close-to-the-vest. However:
I have great secrets that I won't tell.
I am always tempted to tell them for the sake of entertainment.
I will crack if the right circumstances present themselves.

Few people recognize the right opportunity to wheedle information when they can.

melaniehoo
11-02-2007, 08:41 AM
would this be the right opportunity?

:)

mkcbunny
11-02-2007, 08:53 AM
Depends on what you wanna know. I almost spilled a few goodies up front.

melaniehoo
11-02-2007, 08:56 AM
got any dirt on KTC?

John Paton
11-02-2007, 09:03 AM
Depends on what you wanna know. I almost spilled a few goodies up front.

bunny gal - no-one reads this ..... well apart from google. And the three people that do read this wont mention a thing.

Does it involve weird shit?

Regards
JOhn

mkcbunny
11-02-2007, 10:03 AM
John Paton:
Don't even get me started with Google. I'm still living down a Google shitstorm from about six months ago. My years of writing credits still come up come up below the insane media frenzy when one searches my name on Google.

They say "there's no such thing as bad publicity." I'll be reporting back on that when I query my novel and find out whether those search results are intriguing of off-putting for agents and editors...

mkcbunny
11-02-2007, 10:04 AM
got any dirt on KTC?

Sadly no.

I was ready to answer, but that's not a question I have info on.

Yet.

John Paton
11-02-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm still living down a Google shitstorm from about six months ago.

They say "there's no such thing as bad publicity."

aw sheesh bunny. Don't be such a meanie ! Now I'll be trying to sleep with glazed eyes fixed on the ceiling thinking "I don't even know her real name !! So close but so far !!"

Did you kill someone??

Regards
John

Backward Masking
11-02-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm an open book. Please close me, I'm cold and there are wolves after me.

mkcbunny
11-02-2007, 10:16 AM
I commented on a high-profile blog (in a very casual, I'll-be-one-of-zillions, who-knew-this-would-happen way). Comment set the Internet on fire for about 48 hours. New York Times came to my door. Next thing you know, I'm the surprise spokesperson for (insert issue).

I couldn't use this as the "what people don't know about me" thing. EVERYONE I know knows about it.

But I guess no one here does, my being "anonymous." ...

kalel32
11-02-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm 6'0 tall and 205lbs

I love repping people

I met Marcus Allen the night before he was inducted into the Hall of Fame( E Entertainment party)

I will walk up to famous people and ask for a picture.

Unique
11-02-2007, 04:28 PM
One page from the Mystery Book (http://uniquematerialblowingsmoke.blogspot.com/2007/10/ill-bet-you-didnt-know-this-about-me.html) -

I didn't pick the timing for this thread but it works for me. :D

C.bronco
11-02-2007, 04:30 PM
As a tot, I had a crush on Underdog.

JoeEkaitis
11-02-2007, 04:51 PM
I like to dress like a man because it makes me feel so . . . well . . . you know . . . MANly.

MonaLeigh
11-02-2007, 05:29 PM
I can out-burp most guys.

Unique
11-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I can out-burp most guys.

Can you do the alphabet? How about armpit farts?
(my son keeps asking me how to do that but I don't know how)

MonaLeigh
11-19-2007, 12:49 AM
Can you do the alphabet? How about armpit farts?
(my son keeps asking me how to do that but I don't know how)

Yes to both. I'm classy.

wyntermoon
11-19-2007, 12:53 AM
I had dinner with Wolfgang Puck at the grand opening of his restaurant at Mandalay Bay in Vegas a few years back. Very nice man and the risotto was perfect. :D

nerds
11-19-2007, 01:00 AM
I had dinner with Wolfgang Puck at the grand opening of his restaurant at Mandalay Bay in Vegas a few years back. Very nice man and the risotto was perfect. :D

shhhhhhh . . . don't let Gordon Ramsay hear that. He's got this thing with risotto . . . :D

Seriously, that's too cool. He seems like an adorable guy.

-----------

I can still do cartwheels, even though I really shouldn't anymore. Going to break something one of these days. But they sure are fun. That's all I can reveal at this time, since my head is empty today.

Jersey Chick
11-19-2007, 01:28 AM
I automatically count the steps whenever I walk up or down a flight of stairs. Doesn't matter how many times I've been up them - I always count.

I collect penguins (not live ones, though I might if I could find a place to keep 'em)

I love to cook

I had a beer with Dan Marino (former Miami Dolphins QB, for those who might not know) in the parking lot of Joe Robbie Stadium back in the day. I also went out to dinner with Ricky Proehl (another football player) during his rookie season with the Cardinals.

I once shoved NJ's Governor, Christie Whitman, out of my way because I said "Excuse me" three times and she still wouldn't move.

Oh, and I sold vitamins to John Delorean (I used to work in a pharmacy he frequented) - he was a very nice man.

I think that's it! :D

jannawrites
11-20-2007, 08:50 PM
I party like a rock star.

Okay, seriously, I'm a boring homebody.

threedogpeople
11-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I've was married prior to marrying my beloved, Mark. First husband and I got married when I was 17 (we had been going together for 3 years).

I have 4 younger sisters and 1 younger brother.

The air at my Mother's house has more calories than the rest of the world; you don't need to eat anything while you are visiting and you'll still gain weight.

BenPanced
11-20-2007, 09:27 PM
I bought Leslie "And Don't Call Me Shirley" Nielsen a double cheeseburger once.

davids
11-20-2007, 09:31 PM
I once almost beat a man to death-then I picked him right up cleaned him right off and started all over again. I sing as I clean a merry hairy lilting ditty! It is getting closer to X-mas and I cannot help myself-mean is clean-macho is Groucho-and business at Pinky's is picking up after the golf tournament. Aint life grand?

joetrain
11-20-2007, 09:55 PM
i got a sister whose a regular poster around here, even though she'd probably deny it.

TrainofThought
11-20-2007, 11:26 PM
I once almost beat a man to death-then I picked him right up cleaned him right off and started all over again. I sing as I clean a merry hairy lilting ditty! It is getting closer to X-mas and I cannot help myself-mean is clean-macho is Groucho-and business at Pinky's is picking up after the golf tournament. Aint life grand?:roll: Sing it LOUD and PROUD you losterino.

i got a sister whose a regular poster around here, even though she'd probably deny it.Very interesting.

I sometimes air type what I'm saying to someone and their response. :crazy:

zahra
11-21-2007, 12:58 AM
i got a sister whose a regular poster around here, even though she'd probably deny it.
I am not joetrain's sister.

underthecity
11-21-2007, 01:04 AM
Is it my turn?

Let's see,

I have four major unfinished projects: player piano restoration, 1935 jukebox restoration, 1967 Mercury Park Lane restoration, and novel completion.

I met William Shatner twice.

I met Jerry Springer once. I have my picture taken with him.

I was a DJ and general manager of our campus radio station in college.

I like feet.

allen

Shadow_Ferret
11-21-2007, 01:07 AM
You guys don't know a lot of things about me. And I think I'm quite happy with that. :tongue

scarletpeaches
11-21-2007, 01:09 AM
I once had sex with another woman while off my tits on E.

Stew21
11-21-2007, 01:17 AM
if my internal monologue had ever escaped my head, I would have been fired from every job I've ever had.

Shadow_Ferret
11-21-2007, 01:19 AM
if my internal monologue had ever escaped my head, I would have been fired from every job I've ever had.
Mine does and I have.

Williebee
11-21-2007, 01:26 AM
Hmm, don't know if I posted this before or not. Oh well:

Some folks are innies. Some are outies.

I'm a nonie.

scarletpeaches
11-21-2007, 01:29 AM
I have three buttocks.

seun
11-21-2007, 05:37 PM
I have three buttocks.

I only have one. Can I borrow one of yours?

Unique
11-21-2007, 05:42 PM
I have a seriously sick sense of humour. I found the above two comments remarkably funny.

oh, wait. you knew that about me, didn't you?

Shoot.

kalel32
11-21-2007, 06:16 PM
I fantasize about sex with 2 women.

Wait I'm a guy...All of us think about that.

oswann
11-21-2007, 07:19 PM
I really am as great as I think I am. Just for those who aren't sure.

Os.

jennifer75
11-22-2007, 04:17 AM
I've stalked people before. Yea. Nothing harmful. Just innocent, stalking. I do. :)

benbradley
11-22-2007, 04:31 AM
Hmm, don't know if I posted this before or not. Oh well:

Some folks are innies. Some are outies.

I'm a nonie.
So who are you? Are you Adam or are you Eve?

seun
11-22-2007, 03:33 PM
I've stalked people before. Yea. Nothing harmful. Just innocent, stalking. I do. :)

I got called a stalker once.

eodmatt
11-22-2007, 04:07 PM
I was arrested at Dubai airport as a suspected terrorist last year. (Rolling eyes, smiley).