NaNoWriMo 2007: Word Count Thread

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Post your word count here! Good luck, everyone!

:Sun:

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
Dang, I was going to come in here and post Zero, but I see I'm fashionably late to the party.

*laughs nervously and wanders off to the bar*

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
*mumbles something about that first chapter written this spring*

I'm rewriting it from scratch, I SWEAR! Because I did the same thing with my 2005 Nano book, and I keep having to rewrite and rewrite the stupid first chapter and it still doesn't fit with the rest. There's just something about Nano....

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Now that brings to mind an interesting stat - how many misspellings will your novel have?;)

Last year we had a typo thread, i.e. typos caused by trying to bash out words too quickly. My contribution was "popular onion". Ain't spellcheck grand? We'll have to resurrect that thread.

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
Although this was not during nano, my best typo ever was typing i had sex brain surgeries. I should have typed six.

Saanen

Registered
Reaction score
I once typed that a department was stuffed with professionals, instead of staffed.

That one was at work, not a NaNo novel, but I still love it. I probably brought it up last year too, knowing me. I have a limited supply of anecdotes. :)

Pomegranate

Registered
Reaction score
I was wondering how a thread on wordcount could have 15 replies when NaNo doesn't start for 11 hours. Ya'll are silly.

Spiral Stairs

Registered
Reaction score
I once typed that a department was stuffed with professionals, instead of staffed.
That's actually a nice turn of phrase.

Last night, I typed out five different opening sentences and solicited my wife's opinion on them. I have now chosen one of them. However, I don't think those words count toward my total because they are in a totally separate document. Also, I have a two-page brainstorm/synopsis. Those words are also in a totally separate document.

Thus: 0.

AnnieColleen

Invisible Writer
Registered
Reaction score
Mine's currently at three words, so :tongue.

(But if y'all peek at the title thread and suggest something cool that happens to be shorter, that'll go down!)

And, ok, I'm ignoring that post above mine that posted while I was typing. ;)

AllyWoof

Becoming a Serious Writer!
Registered
Reaction score
I have a feeling you guys are about to start on "My horce is bigger than yours."