PDA

View Full Version : The True Love Thread

Silver King
10-31-2007, 06:35 AM
I've been seeing, and I've been knowing, and I've been stumbling all around; and in my search, I've noticed that sometimes, we can be more accommodating to one another.

This is The True Love thread, in which someone brought you unforgiving strength, or merely said something that kept you moving forward. Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.

SpookyWriter
10-31-2007, 06:38 AM
This is The True Love thread, in which someone brought you unforgiving strength, or merely said something that kept you moving forward. Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.Nobody comes to mind.

JoNightshade
10-31-2007, 06:44 AM
Susie started repping me even when I was like, "What the heck? Who is this chick?" :)

(But it made me feel nice.)

TrainofThought
10-31-2007, 07:10 AM
I've been seeing, and I've been knowing, and I've been stumbling all around; and in my search, I've noticed that sometimes, we can be more accommodating to one another.

This is The True Love thread, in which someone brought you unforgiving strength, or merely said something that kept you moving forward. Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.YOUíRE HERE. ;) I thank AW for helping me find virtual friendships, one being you. Youíre a kind person, SK, and you are there with a shoulder to cry on, to laugh with, to edit parts of my WIP or just to listen to my wacky ways.

I also want to say to Kimmi, thanks for your uplifting and supportive PMs. I may not agree with your praise, but you definitely have my respect.

Susie started repping me before I knew who she was and I appreciated her willingness to converse with an unknown member. :D

In addition, AW introduced me to great witty writers and I enjoy the friendly banter with these members, Jaycinth, Cray, Meerkat, MidnightMuse, AuntyBug, JeanneGTC, Haggis, RT, Inked, Sherry Tex, Turkey Lurkey, and the list goes on. I have to add P.H. Delarran, Talps and brokenfingers too.

ETA: Shoot! I forgot to mention a few more people and itís a must. I have to add Bmwhtly to the humor people. Kadea for her rep comments and outrageous lies :D. OFG for being a welcoming person and a solid auctioneer.

And one more big one, Mac, though I donít post much with you I feel your smiling presence. :D You're fair and try to get around the board (not in a sleazy way ;)) to make members feel wanted.

If I missed someone because of my short-term memory loss, I apologize in advance and say thank you now. :Hug2:

The_Grand_Duchess
10-31-2007, 07:42 AM
I cannot name any single person that makes this place great. I mean so many people have reached out to me and others on this board. Jaycinth, Siddow, Soccermom, Susie (of course!), Davids, just to name a few. I mean I cannot list all the great people who have helped me when times were rough. Or just shared a joke. Or helped me with something.

This place is full of wonderful people.

Shady Lane
10-31-2007, 08:19 AM
I love that you guys don't treat the teenagers like crap.

Seriously.

ZannaPerry
10-31-2007, 08:22 AM
The creative, colorful people who talk here. I've been finding some wonderful writers, who write whatever, and I enjoy using my spare time to chat with you all. :)

JLCwrites
10-31-2007, 08:39 AM
My list of super AW members goes on and on!
Auntybug (Most creative repper award! And a fun person to chat with!)
Reigningcatsndogs (A super nice person to chat with, and a great Silly Friday pal!)
Meerkat (Always providing supportive and positive feedback!)
Susie (Couldn’t find a sweeter person… ever! And the official Friendliest Repper Queen!)
Trainofthought (A super nice person who is so clever!)
Writerterri (Queen Dorkus Extraordinaire!)
Angie (For bringing wit with her coffee!)
Soccermom (Because I want to grow up to be just like her)
Inked09012 (for adding some spice to our threads)
Davids (For giving me another reason to look forward to Fridays!)

I also want to give hugs to the crazy Orpcc peeps like:
Kadea (AKA Rep Queen!)
Jennifer75 (for being a great chatter and repster!)
Sunkissed (AKA kinky repper!)
Anne Marble (For being super nice)
Melaniehoo (a friendly person who is super!)
Salem Ollivander (for the morning wake-up banter!)
Truelyana (For being so sweet)

Oh, and the guys who survive the Orpcc beatings…
kalel32
talps (splat)

(Wrap up music is now playing)
Oh! Wait there are more!
All the Mods, because they are so nice!
And everyone else that I have posted with!!
(being ushered off the stage…)

melaniehoo
10-31-2007, 09:39 AM
I love everything about this place. I've met some great people in my two months here and it's made living in a new place much easier. I don't have many friends in the real world - they're all back home - so I really appreciate every bit of interaction here. I don't think I can top Turkey with her massive list, but I must thank:

Susie - as the others said, for repping me when I didn't know anyone
Jennifer75 - for being the first to breach the AW boundaries
Sunkissed - for being the second
Voyager - for writing awesome puns in Spanish and commiserating about life. and I love her avatar
Auntybug - for being the bestest repper there is!
Turkey - for awesome reps and knowing what it's like in a new place
Anne Marble, Salem, Truelyana & Kadea - the rest of the ORPCC gang, for all the reps
Kalel & Talps - for putting up with our abuse
KTC - for always taking the bait
Spooky - for wanting to live in my basement and understanding the meaning of Heat
III - for keeping it real, lol
JannaWrites - for giving me the kick in the pants to start my blog
Dama - for showing me Mexico's not so bad
Kid - for being a penpal
JoNightShade - for being so nice
TrainofThought - for being from Chicago

Ok, maybe I did think of a few but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone!

big kisses!

OctoberRain
10-31-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm new, but I love this place. Finding it back in July was like coming home. Well, okay, maybe not coming home ;), but it felt (and still feels) amazing to be surrounded by so many serious writers. I don't know anybody in real life who writes, and my friends and family certainly don't really even understand what I aspire to do... so being here, even just reading what people write, makes me feel less lonely in this endeavour. I've learned more from this forum about writing (the art, the business, the craft) than I have in my whole life.

PeeDee
10-31-2007, 03:02 PM
Didn't we just have a Big AW Love thread like, two days ago?

I'm not a love machine!

Ol' Fashioned Girl
10-31-2007, 03:18 PM
Didn't we just have a Big AW Love thread like, two days ago?

I'm not a love machine!

That's not what I've heard!

Seriously, though, I had cause recently to feel the support of some very cool people. They know who they are. :e2grouphu

Susie
10-31-2007, 04:35 PM
To all the above who are my special friends, and many others here, that have gotten me through all the rough times and made me laugh. Many thanks. Y'all rock! And ya know you'll be getting more reps:) :e2grouphu

A special thanks to Silver for always being such a special friend to me and many others. :Hug2:

Uncarved
10-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Poetinahat - for knowing just what to say, and just when to say it. (and being the fantabulous poet that he is, natch)
Parkinsonsd - for making me laugh and feel appreciated.
Bartholomew- for playing world of warcraft and not making me feel like a dork
Underthecity- for helping me on my WIPs and giving me a direction
Susie - one of the few females that reps me and always tries to lift my spirits.

WendyNYC
10-31-2007, 05:13 PM
My first post here was a big whine about getting a short story rejected. Thanks to those who indulged me and offered chocolate.

There are so many helpful (and funny!) people here, it would be hard to list them all.

Meerkat
10-31-2007, 05:36 PM
Everyone except the following:

Wait, gotta run, but will return to finish this later....

dolores haze
10-31-2007, 05:39 PM
There are too many wonderful people to list, but I have to single out the YA sub-forum crew. The talent, energy, camaraderie, work ethic, and enthusiasm of the AW YA writers inspire me every day. Big love and respect to all of 'em.

Pat~
10-31-2007, 06:35 PM
There are so many caring and wonderful people here, I could not list them all, but just have to esp. thank this morning those people who bother to read and critique my work, whether poetry or prose. That is truly a generous sacrifice of time, and a gift I can't repay. So thank you Poetinahat, P.H. Delarran, III, NDG, BruceJ, Inspiewriter, Callalily, Spookywriter, and those others of you that have so kindly shared your time and experience with someone who's still fairly new to this writing thing. You're terrific!

ETA: Just also have to thank those people who regularly tickle my funnybone (PeeDee, Aka Eraser, Jaycinth, Silver King, and the list goes on!).

MidnightMuse
10-31-2007, 07:21 PM
http://www.mymidnightmuse.com/catgun.gif

Oh, wrong thread? I don't do that group hug thing. I tried it once, but had to cancel all my credit cards afterwards, and never did get my driver's license back. Or those photos of my cats.

rhymegirl
10-31-2007, 07:27 PM
OH....

I thought this was going to be one of those True Love tests where you find out who your perfect mate is.

I already know mine is Frank N. Stein.

Carry on.

Shadow_Ferret
10-31-2007, 07:32 PM
I got nuthin.

Haggis
10-31-2007, 07:47 PM
I hate doing shout-outs because I invariably forget someone. But in this instance, I'm going to point to two folks who gave me a lot of love lately. Auntybug made a great 'Got Haggis?' t-shirt which she donated to the AW auction. ToT won the auction with a generous bid. Then the two of them conspired to mail the shirt to me.

I really appreciate it ladies, and you've got Haggis hugs whenever you want them. :Hug2:

MidnightMuse
10-31-2007, 07:57 PM
Next up - the Got Haggis flea and tick collar.

auntybug
10-31-2007, 08:00 PM
Proof that stalking does find some great threads!

I'm with an above post - there are too many great people to list.

Even in the middle of my most current rejection - there no place I'd rather be! Though all the BS & horsing around there is some great advise and support. I could not survive my boring days at work without this place.

You're a bunch of loons but to quote Gerry MaGuire "You complete me!"
http://www.dreamsignature.com/sigs/sigs292.gif (http://www.dreamsignature.com)

okay - I gotta go steal candy from a baby or kick a puppy now & find a balance here....

rhymegirl
10-31-2007, 08:01 PM
Next up - the Got Haggis flea and tick collar.

Yes, and the "Got Haggis...Maybe You Should See a Doctor" sweatshirt.

Siddow
10-31-2007, 08:19 PM
Everyone who's ever said, "I agree with Siddow." I just love those people. :D

C.bronco
10-31-2007, 08:33 PM
You guys are great. I think this is a very special community.

Hillary
11-01-2007, 02:32 AM
This is the cutest thread. Spread the sap, people.

Elodie-Caroline
11-01-2007, 04:20 AM
In my year on here, I've learned some very useful stuff for my writing and I've had some very nice comments via rep points. Other than that, I don't really know anyone very well on here... sorry.

Elodie

auntybug
11-06-2007, 06:05 PM
Well someone has to give this thread a bump.....

Ok - it's no secret I love that battery *swoon*

Yesterday - I was in need of a certain post & ta da....he found it for me:D

That "Ginormous Thread Stalker" is not just a disclaimer - its a fact!

I 'positively' love you battery boy! *pun intended*

Smooch!

cray
11-06-2007, 06:16 PM
right back atchya, kid

and this is mostly true,..

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1784237&postcount=41

Eskimo1990
11-06-2007, 06:19 PM
I'd like to thank all the people that helped with my writing. Who told me not to give up when I convinced I sucked at writing. Also for the people who listened to my (never-ending) guy problems. And to the people who told me to keep writing cause I did have talent, and that my mom telling me I had improved was kinda a big deal. Just thanks to everybody on here. Because of you guys my writing has improved!!! Hugs to all!:Hug2:

Shadow_Ferret
11-06-2007, 06:53 PM
Well, there's a certain girl I've been in love with a long, long time.

What's her name?

I can't tell ya.

Awwww!

(Not that that is either here nor there, I just love that song by Warren Zevon. Any excuse to post it.)

nerds
11-07-2007, 10:52 PM
This is for aka eraser, who said some encouraging things to me today which mattered greatly. Many thanks.

auntybug
11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Must I carry this thread all by myself.....

III - You have the best threads ever.

Inky - Best dude pictures.

And Scarlet Peaches - Thanks for the term "Girl Garden" :ROFL: It's my new favorite:D

nerds
11-19-2007, 07:15 PM
I like the ladygarden thing too, I'm just not sure I'd want mine to be fizzing.

also to scarletpeaches for starting the beautiful women thread. It's become a fab photo gallery.

TrainofThought
11-19-2007, 09:20 PM
And you're doing a fabulous job. ;)

I only come here for the rep points. :D

Hillary
11-20-2007, 12:24 AM
right back atchya, kid

and this is mostly true,..

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1784237&postcount=41

I hate you. It's true hate. And it's SO rare to find these days... So magical and special and overwhelming.

Man, this is intense.

cray
11-20-2007, 12:32 AM
and i love you for hating me with such intensity. it's awesome.

eta::e2moon:

TrainofThought
11-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Hillary and Cray, this is the True Love Thread. I think it's time you two hug and tell us how you feel about AW. Go on... hug... that's good. Now what do you love about AW. Cray, no need to tell them how you feel about me.
Hillary, I got the rep. ;)

scarletpeaches
11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I hate that I love you so, and I don't wanna let you go.

Reps to the first of you lovely peepholes who names the sweet-like-chocolate who sings that. :D

III
11-20-2007, 12:42 AM
In this past week I've gotten some very special PM's from Akiwiguy, Inked, and Voyager, each of which was more precious than gold. And Cray and Ray keep sending me "up you're's" rep points which are worth at least ten cents each.

Melisande
11-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.

Positive, because it keeps me writing.

III
11-20-2007, 01:17 AM

III - You have the best threads ever.

Inky - Best dude pictures.

And Scarlet Peaches - Thanks for the term "Girl Garden" :ROFL: It's my new favorite:D

Bug is the priestess of love :kiss:

jenngreenleaf
11-20-2007, 01:45 AM
This is certainly a very sweet thread! :) I don't know if I can add much more goo or sap to this, but I'll try. :) I've been using AW since 1999 (I'm on my third screen name for those of you who are wondering about the 2006 date - I was here when we all defaulted to 2005 during the forum change) and it's been such a gratifying experience of MANY levels. Not only in terms of finding work, learning, and networking . . . but in terms of meeting so many different people I may not have met otherwise. There isn't another forum on the net that I've used for so long, so that has to say something about it . . .

nerds
11-20-2007, 05:22 AM
DEAR AUNTYBUG : I WAS SOBER WHEN I SAW THAT, AND IT WAS HORRIBLE AND SADISTIC, AND I LOVED IT. ALL BOTH OF THEM. ALL DOZENS OF THEM.

my eyes, my eeeeeeyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

davids
11-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Bah Humbuggers-well X-mas is just around the corner!!!

Haggis
11-20-2007, 06:01 AM
Bah Humbuggers-well X-mas is just around the corner!!!

Oh. And I love lobster. With clarified butter.

Silver King
11-20-2007, 07:30 AM
I forgot all about starting this thread...

Then I remembered losing my head recently and feeling bad about being angry, and no one gave me a hard time about what I said or made me feel worse for being unforgiving and harsh; and I understand now that there is some measure of exoneration even in our bleakest moments, and that there is such a thing as true friendships in the relations we form here.

Thank you.

auntybug
12-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Bumpity Bump again....

Dawno Rocks!!!!!!!!
<--------

And you guys think she only uses her powers for evil:D

Thanks Dawno!

nerds
12-11-2007, 11:18 PM
This is in appreciation for the little handful of AWers who so kindly took the time to read my stuff. You know who you are. THANK YOU.

:Hug2:

:heart:

shakeysix
12-15-2007, 08:59 AM
i live in the middle of nowhere and spend most of my days reasoning with kids. when i get home it is a mind saver to go online and read the well considered opinions of thinking of adults. and then there is AW--s6