The True Love Thread

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I've been seeing, and I've been knowing, and I've been stumbling all around; and in my search, I've noticed that sometimes, we can be more accommodating to one another.

This is The True Love thread, in which someone brought you unforgiving strength, or merely said something that kept you moving forward. Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.

SpookyWriter

Banned
Reaction score
This is The True Love thread, in which someone brought you unforgiving strength, or merely said something that kept you moving forward. Either way, tell us why AW has been a positive influence in your life.
Nobody comes to mind.

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
Susie started repping me even when I was like, "What the heck? Who is this chick?" :)

(But it made me feel nice.)

TrainofThought

A flowering bud of bitchiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.authordenisebaer.com
I've been seeing, and I've been knowing, and I've been stumbling all around; and in my search, I've noticed that sometimes, we can be more accommodating to one another.

YOU’RE HERE. ;) I thank AW for helping me find virtual friendships, one being you. You’re a kind person, SK, and you are there with a shoulder to cry on, to laugh with, to edit parts of my WIP or just to listen to my wacky ways.

I also want to say to Kimmi, thanks for your uplifting and supportive PMs. I may not agree with your praise, but you definitely have my respect.

Susie started repping me before I knew who she was and I appreciated her willingness to converse with an unknown member. :D

In addition, AW introduced me to great witty writers and I enjoy the friendly banter with these members, Jaycinth, Cray, Meerkat, MidnightMuse, AuntyBug, JeanneGTC, Haggis, RT, Inked, Sherry Tex, Turkey Lurkey, and the list goes on. I have to add P.H. Delarran, Talps and brokenfingers too.

ETA: Shoot! I forgot to mention a few more people and it’s a must. I have to add Bmwhtly to the humor people. Kadea for her rep comments and outrageous lies :D. OFG for being a welcoming person and a solid auctioneer.

And one more big one, Mac, though I don’t post much with you I feel your smiling presence. :D You're fair and try to get around the board (not in a sleazy way ;)) to make members feel wanted.

If I missed someone because of my short-term memory loss, I apologize in advance and say thank you now. :Hug2:

Last edited:

The_Grand_Duchess

I record everything.
Registered
Reaction score
Bangkok, the Underground and the Holy ground.
I cannot name any single person that makes this place great. I mean so many people have reached out to me and others on this board. Jaycinth, Siddow, Soccermom, Susie (of course!), Davids, just to name a few. I mean I cannot list all the great people who have helped me when times were rough. Or just shared a joke. Or helped me with something.

This place is full of wonderful people.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I love that you guys don't treat the teenagers like crap.

Seriously.

ZannaPerry

^ Just Me & a Sharpie
Registered
Reaction score
The creative, colorful people who talk here. I've been finding some wonderful writers, who write whatever, and I enjoy using my spare time to chat with you all. :)

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
My list of super AW members goes on and on!
Auntybug (Most creative repper award! And a fun person to chat with!)
Reigningcatsndogs (A super nice person to chat with, and a great Silly Friday pal!)
Meerkat (Always providing supportive and positive feedback!)
Susie (Couldn’t find a sweeter person… ever! And the official Friendliest Repper Queen!)
Trainofthought (A super nice person who is so clever!)
Writerterri (Queen Dorkus Extraordinaire!)
Angie (For bringing wit with her coffee!)
Soccermom (Because I want to grow up to be just like her)
Inked09012 (for adding some spice to our threads)
Davids (For giving me another reason to look forward to Fridays!)

I also want to give hugs to the crazy Orpcc peeps like:
Kadea (AKA Rep Queen!)
Jennifer75 (for being a great chatter and repster!)
Sunkissed (AKA kinky repper!)
Anne Marble (For being super nice)
Melaniehoo (a friendly person who is super!)
Salem Ollivander (for the morning wake-up banter!)
Truelyana (For being so sweet)

Oh, and the guys who survive the Orpcc beatings…
kalel32
talps (splat)

(Wrap up music is now playing)

Oh! Wait there are more!
All the Mods, because they are so nice!
And everyone else that I have posted with!!
(being ushered off the stage…)

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I love everything about this place. I've met some great people in my two months here and it's made living in a new place much easier. I don't have many friends in the real world - they're all back home - so I really appreciate every bit of interaction here. I don't think I can top Turkey with her massive list, but I must thank:

Susie - as the others said, for repping me when I didn't know anyone
Jennifer75 - for being the first to breach the AW boundaries
Sunkissed - for being the second
Voyager - for writing awesome puns in Spanish and commiserating about life. and I love her avatar
Auntybug - for being the bestest repper there is!
Turkey - for awesome reps and knowing what it's like in a new place
Anne Marble, Salem, Truelyana & Kadea - the rest of the ORPCC gang, for all the reps
Kalel & Talps - for putting up with our abuse
KTC - for always taking the bait
Spooky - for wanting to live in my basement and understanding the meaning of Heat
III - for keeping it real, lol
JannaWrites - for giving me the kick in the pants to start my blog
Dama - for showing me Mexico's not so bad
Kid - for being a penpal
JoNightShade - for being so nice
TrainofThought - for being from Chicago

Ok, maybe I did think of a few but I'm sure I'm forgetting someone!

big kisses!

Last edited:

OctoberRain

I triple dog dare you.
Registered
Reaction score
I'm new, but I love this place. Finding it back in July was like coming home. Well, okay, maybe not coming home ;), but it felt (and still feels) amazing to be surrounded by so many serious writers. I don't know anybody in real life who writes, and my friends and family certainly don't really even understand what I aspire to do... so being here, even just reading what people write, makes me feel less lonely in this endeavour. I've learned more from this forum about writing (the art, the business, the craft) than I have in my whole life.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Didn't we just have a Big AW Love thread like, two days ago?

I'm not a love machine!

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
To all the above who are my special friends, and many others here, that have gotten me through all the rough times and made me laugh. Many thanks. Y'all rock! And ya know you'll be getting more reps:) :e2grouphu

A special thanks to Silver for always being such a special friend to me and many others. :Hug2:

Last edited:

Uncarved

I aim to misbehave
Registered
Reaction score
Poetinahat - for knowing just what to say, and just when to say it. (and being the fantabulous poet that he is, natch)
Parkinsonsd - for making me laugh and feel appreciated.
Bartholomew- for playing world of warcraft and not making me feel like a dork
Underthecity- for helping me on my WIPs and giving me a direction
Susie - one of the few females that reps me and always tries to lift my spirits.

Last edited:

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
My first post here was a big whine about getting a short story rejected. Thanks to those who indulged me and offered chocolate.

There are so many helpful (and funny!) people here, it would be hard to list them all.

dolores haze

international guttersnipe
Registered
Reaction score
There are too many wonderful people to list, but I have to single out the YA sub-forum crew. The talent, energy, camaraderie, work ethic, and enthusiasm of the AW YA writers inspire me every day. Big love and respect to all of 'em.

Pat~

Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
There are so many caring and wonderful people here, I could not list them all, but just have to esp. thank this morning those people who bother to read and critique my work, whether poetry or prose. That is truly a generous sacrifice of time, and a gift I can't repay. So thank you Poetinahat, P.H. Delarran, III, NDG, BruceJ, Inspiewriter, Callalily, Spookywriter, and those others of you that have so kindly shared your time and experience with someone who's still fairly new to this writing thing. You're terrific!

ETA: Just also have to thank those people who regularly tickle my funnybone (PeeDee, Aka Eraser, Jaycinth, Silver King, and the list goes on!).

Last edited:

MidnightMuse

Midnight Reading
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
catgun.gif

Oh, wrong thread? I don't do that group hug thing. I tried it once, but had to cancel all my credit cards afterwards, and never did get my driver's license back. Or those photos of my cats.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
OH....

I thought this was going to be one of those True Love tests where you find out who your perfect mate is.

I already know mine is Frank N. Stein.

Carry on.

Haggis

Evil, undead Chihuahua
Registered
Reaction score
I hate doing shout-outs because I invariably forget someone. But in this instance, I'm going to point to two folks who gave me a lot of love lately. Auntybug made a great 'Got Haggis?' t-shirt which she donated to the AW auction. ToT won the auction with a generous bid. Then the two of them conspired to mail the shirt to me.

I really appreciate it ladies, and you've got Haggis hugs whenever you want them. :Hug2:

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
Proof that stalking does find some great threads!

I'm with an above post - there are too many great people to list.

Even in the middle of my most current rejection - there no place I'd rather be! Though all the BS & horsing around there is some great advise and support. I could not survive my boring days at work without this place.

You're a bunch of loons but to quote Gerry MaGuire "You complete me!"

okay - I gotta go steal candy from a baby or kick a puppy now & find a balance here....