Write My Query Contest!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Okay gente! Since queries and I aren't BFFs or anything I've decided to have a contest. I'll summarize my newly finished book and then you guys get to write queries! (I bet you're all really excited). Then we can choose a winner and the winner gets to be in the acknowledgements when the book is published!

Okay, okay, everybody calm down. Don't get yourself worked up before you write anything.

Let's DO this! *cheers* :Thumbs:

Major Characters:
Zoe Hale: Main character; Junior in high school
Cory Hutchinson: Zoe's best friend; "The Warrior"
Vince Montgomery: Zoe's boyfriend of three years; "The Messenger"
Zadi Aljibril: new guy at school, has tri-colored eyes
Noah Olag: an angel; falls in love with Zoe and 'falls'
Urias Aloai: an angel
Daisy Apata: a demon

Plot:
Zoe's been living a relatively perfect life with in Archdale with her friends and boyfriend of three years. Nothing much happens until right before the start of her junior year when a new family, the Aljibrils, move in and she meets Zadi and finds herself really, really attracted to him.

Zoe starts to babysit the Aljibril's youngest, Belen, and while there she gets to know Zadi better, eventually making out with him and fleeing not long after. She tells Cory what happened, but no one else. Meanwhile, Noah has come to town as a strange, fun guy who everyone loves.

Cory and Zoe get suspicous of Zadi because of Zoe's attraction to him. They decide that he must be a supernatural creature of some sort and start to research whether he could be a vampire.

Vince notices a change in Zoe and gets kind of upset (he's got low self-esteem, mostly coming from the scar he has on his cheek from tripping at a track meet). Zoe tells him to fight for her and not to let anyone take her (she's feeling guilty about the secret kissing).

The school play comes up and Zoe tries out, but then Zadi does, too, so Vince does because he doesn't like Zadi. The audition scene involves one character (a vampire) trying to seduce a maiden, and then an angelic figure (Ariel) interrupts. Zadi and Zoe perform the scene and there's so much under lying passion that Vince forces them apart. Drama ensues (play doesn't happen cause Zadi quits)

Vince tries to fight Zadi, but is unable to even touch him. The whole time Zoe hears whispering voices and can see something around Zadi protecting him. She confronts him about it and he eventually tells her that he can't get hurt because he has some weird forcefield that he hasn't told anyone but Zoe about. Zadi tells Zoe about his mom, who died from dementia 6 years before, and how she said Zadi was special and was supposed to help the people and how God had told her so. Zoe doesn't believe Zadi and leaves.

Some time goes by and people get more friendly. Zoe's birthday comes up and Vince organizes to have a massive party at Zadi's house, which is kind of big. It's a nice party and all, then Daisy shows up. She's kind of slutty, but in an 'everyone wants her' kind of way. That night Zoe and Zadi share a dream where they see Daisy kill Ava (she's a side character, also a demon).

The next day Zoe meets Urias, who claims to be Noah's cousin. Urias almost seduces her, but Noah stops it and they have a strange convo that makes Zoe wonder what's going on. There's a thunderstorm that night and neither Cory nor Vince can be with Zoe (who's alone at home and scared of storms) so she calls Zadi. Urias shows up and alludes that Zadi will die soon. Zadi shows up. He and Urias stare each other down. Nothing else important that night.

Daisy and Urias show up at school (most school scenes are in calc cause Zoe, Zadi, Noah are all there already). There's going to be a partner-test and Zadi picks Zoe and arguements start and they end up in the hall on the teacher's orders. Vince shows up and Daisy touches his arm and he tries to attack Zadi (Daisy made him do it, Zoe thinks) but Zadi's shield protects him and Noah, Urias, and Daisy are all fascinated. Zadi and Vince get suspended.

Vince goes to Zadi's to hurt him (as he's been trying to do) and Zoe and Cory try to stop him. Daisy appears and holds Zadi, allowing Vince to hit him. Noah and Urias are also present and Urias eventually stops everything and Zoe's thrown threw a window. Zoe checks his heart and it's not beating, but then it starts and he's fine again.

Vince breaks up with Zoe, she has a 'moment' and calls Zadi (only for friend-ness, nothing risque happens). Zoe's out of school for a while and when she gets back everyone knows about her and Vince. She finds out that Zadi and Cory are friends and Cory followed Noah and Urias because they want to find out why they tried to hurt Zadi.

Cory eavesdrops and finds out that they want Zadi dead (as does Daisy) and that they're angels and a demon (assumed). Zadi and Cory come up with the plan to have Zoe seduce Noah and/or Urias so she can find out more from them, since they both talk to her freely. She dressed provocatively the next day leading to a hallway make-out with Vince, but it turns out that he's possessed by Daisy. Cory fights Vince-Daisy, Zadi helps Zoe, Vince turns normal again and is completely weirded out, though Zoe notices a glowing in his eyes, too.

Zoe, Zadi, Cory go to Zoe's house to protect it using prayers and whatnot (including putting a mezuzah on the door). That night Zadi confesses that he things he should let them kill him to stop all the madness. Zoe and Cory think they convince him otherwise and they all sleep.

Late that night Zoe wakes up hungry and goes downstairs for food. She gets an apple (important, kind of), eats some, and realizes that Zadi was just lying and wants to sacrifice himself. (This plays out better in the actual book). She finds him outside, they chat, he bites apple, they make out, he agrees not to sacrifice himself.

Noah shows up and says he wants to help them because he wants to help Zoe. Urias comes to kill Zadi, Noah holds him back, Daisy comes and takes Zoe. She ties Zoe up and tells Zadi that she'll let Zoe go if he sacrifices himself. He is about to agree, but Urias attacks him. Noah tries to free Zoe, but Daisy attacks him. Zoe's watching the attacking and then sees Vince running to her, glowing and whatnot. He starts to free her, babbling about how he knows what's happening and knows what to do and the scroll he has. Before he can explain, Daisy stabs him and then Noah destroys himself and takes Daisy with him and Urias vanishes. Zadi tries to heal Vince (he heals fast, too, shown after the defenestration) but it just takes away his scar.

Last scenes are Vince's funeral and then Cory and Zoe stand at his grave for a while Zadi shows up with the seven sealed scroll because he wants to bury it with Vince, but Zoe remembers that Vince had said it was for Zadi. Cory and Zadi think that if Zadi as the scroll then everything's over and fine, but Zoe thinks it seems too easy.

THE END.

Yes, the story kind of sucks as a summary, I've realized...

Okay! QUERIES?!?!?!

p.s. reps for everyone!

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Ohhhh God too many names.

Sorry, babe, I got totally lost after the audition.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, I think I might have, too, lol.

Synopses and I aren't BFFs either.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
Well, you know you can't have all these major characters in your query, at least not by name. So choose which ones--two or three--that you absolutely need to name, then fix the synopsis so it only includes them.

My rough draft query for IiAB only has one name.

reenkam

aka cupcake
Registered
Reaction score
EVERYONE IGNORE THIS THREAD NOW CAUSE IT LOSES

Status
Not open for further replies.