Things that annoy me

Reaction score
  • Old women who go to the bank at lunchtime when they've got all f***ing day to do it. Morning? No! Afternoon? Too easy! Lunchtime? Perfect for infuriating all the people who only have ONE HOUR AT THE MOST to get all their banking and shopping done - oh, and grab something to eat at the same time.
  • People who say to me in all seriousness, "Stop buying books! You buy too many!" First of all, you can NEVER have too many books. Secondly, it's my money. Third, piss off. You try to stop me buying books, I cut your face.
  • People who grab me by the shoulders from behind while I'm sitting down and say, "Cheer up; it might never happen!" Point one: NEVER approach me from behind. I do not react well to people who sneak up on me. I decked someone for it once (by accident, I mean...automatic reaction of self-defence). Point two: Get your hands off me. NOW. I only enjoy the touch of a few friends and chances are, you're not one of them. How do I know? Because - point three - no friend of mine would be stupid enough to say, "Cheer up; it might never happen!" If I look miserable, 'it', whatever 'it' is, already HAS happened you ignorant f*ckhole. So just leave me alone.
Okay? Okay. Good. I feel better now.

donroc

Historicals and Horror rule
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

People with loud voices on their cellulars.
News pundits more wrong than right who stistill have their jobs.
Hip-hop/gangsta' coverings -- so esthetically unpleasing.
Agents who never respond.
Agents/publishers who "lose" manuscripts.
All who do not appreciate curmudgeonry.

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com

Reaction score
Oh, oh...people listening to MP3 players while on the bus - and the volume's turned up loud enough for you to hear that tinny rattle throughout the entire journey while you're trying to read a book!!! :rant:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
Okay, I'm in. Things that annoy me:

I have a very young sounding voice. Too many times when I'm on the phone, the other person treats me like a little girl. "Sweetie," "Hon," "Honey," (ugh, I'm not your sweetie or hon or honey) and they just don't take me seriously. Even when I try to sound firm.

Calling a toll-free number and getting the run-around by a computer. And when I push "0" several times (it used to let you get through to a human), it just says, "I don't understand, please try again later. Good-bye." Click.

Being too short to reach the high-up shelves in a supermarket where someone on a step-stool or a tall person stacked the boxes (or cans) too high and I have to stand on a lower shelf to reach up and pray I don't get killed by the cans or smoothered by the deluge of boxes on my head.

And, oh yeah, what Don said: people on their cell phones talking really loud. Do they really think they're that important or what?

Last edited:

MonaLeigh

Wasting time
Registered
Reaction score
People who walk around using those Blue Tooth things on their ear, and look like they're talking to themselves. They look ridiculous.

WendyNYC

fiddle-dee-dee
Registered
Reaction score
People who don't let me OUT of the elevator before they cram their way IN.

People who wear ski lift tags on their jackets long after their vacation ended. "Look! I went to Vail!"

Reaction score
Similar to the elevator thing...people who push their way onto buses and look at me like I'm the rude one when I say loudly, "It's polite to let other people off the bus first!"

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
  • People who say to me in all seriousness, "Stop buying books! You buy too many!" First of all, you can NEVER have too many books. Secondly, it's my money. Third, piss off. You try to stop me buying books, I cut your face.
  • Do the peolpe who say this have any "bad habits?" "Stop buying beers! You buy too many" "Stop buying cigarrettes! You buy too many!"
  • [*]People who grab me by the shoulders from behind while I'm sitting down ...
There was one guy at the job ten years ago. He was even my supervisor. I could have had him fired, or at least caused some work trouble for his sorry ass. I really should have, he deserved it totally.

William Haskins

poet
Kind Benefactor
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.poisonpen.net
bank customers should be free to conduct their business at any time during business hours.

perhaps you should do your banking during the times you mentioned.

Kerr

I vant to bite you
Registered
Reaction score
Cell phones are just plain annoying no matter where. I am driving long distances on major roads and expressways pulling heavy equipment. You can't stop on a dime, but you wouldn't believe how many people just cut you off, not even looking because they are busy talking on the phone.

One guy did stop his car to talk one day. He stopped it right in the middle of the lane on a two-way road. We had to go around.

I also hate cops who ride right behind you and you know darn well they're running your plate to see if they hit gold. Where are they when people are sashaying all over the highway, or parking in the middle of the lane?

Silver King

Megalops Erectus
Registered
Reaction score
I was reading letters recently sent to a newspaper about ways to curb traffic problems in the area where I live. Someone suggested "old people" should not be allowed to drive during rush hour, thus reducing traffic congestion by at least half.

I figured we should just kill those old bastards and be done with them once and for all.

brokenfingers

Walkin' That Road
Registered
Reaction score
Haskin's avatar.

I can't decide if it's smirking at me in condescending derision or in a "you and me, we get it" kinda way.

Plus those flies buzzing around it seriously annoying.

Stew21

Registered
Reaction score
the poster before me.

damn you broken - not you. the poster above the poster above me.

;)

ok not really.

damn it! I can't even be annoying to Rob without apologizing.

I'm not good at this game

Trish, picked last in annoying thread class.

Last edited: