Status
Not open for further replies.

Maprilynne

Author Waiting in the Wings
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
My YA went out to ten editors yesterday. However, since my agent reps the author of the series that is currently number one in the country, her name gets things moved up to the top of the pile. We got a response back this morning. Less than twenty hours after receiving the MS. My agent totally rates!

On the downside, it was a rejection, which is why this thread is in this forum and not the other, yanno, happy one . . . :rolleyes:

vfury

Hearts the furrily challenged.
Registered
Reaction score
Too bad about the rejection, but that turnaround is kind of... amazing. Wow.

*continues crossing fingers for success*

Will Lavender

Everything is what it seems.
Registered
Reaction score
Bummer, Maprilynne. One of those ten is going to take the book on, though. I know it.

rugcat

Lost in the Fog
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jlevitt.com
My agent sent mine out to I think, five editors. First reply was in three days. Rejection. How could she, I thought.

It sold within a month though. You're not allowed to get nervous until nine of them pass, which isn't going to happen.

Maprilynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Wow, *sniff* you are all so confident in me! I feel special. I admit, my confidence has taken a bit of a header today, but you all have *really* made me feel better. Thank you so much.:)

SarahinOhio

In My Blue Period
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sarahhina.blogspot.com
I'm glad you heard back so soon, at least. Waiting blows (says the girl still waiting for a response that should have come five months ago).

You're bound to get an offer, Aprilynne. You're just too damn good not to. ;)
Keep your chin up, and get ready for that call.

maddythemad

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about the rejection, Aprilynne, but I have total confidence in you! Is this a new agent now or...?

Anyway, hope this book sells fast and furious, with a bidding war so nasty you'll be ducking out of the way, publishers charging past with baseball bats (and fistfulls of money) in their hands. :D

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Pshaw, my confidence takes a header every day. At least you have a great agent who's firmly in your corner. Keep on trucking and I'll bet you'll end up a winner!!

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
Sounds like you have a great agent and that great things are bound to come out of your relationship. I wouldn't worry about this rejection. Congrats on securing the hard working agent. I'm sure one of those 10 editors' replies will find a home in the accomplishments forum. Good luck.

clara bow

Li'l Rug Bug
Registered
Reaction score
sorry to hear about the rejection, but at least you heard back quickly. that's gotta temper it...well maybe just a little. fingers crossed!

Maprilynne

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.powerfulbirth.com
Thanks again guys. To answer Maddy's question, yes, this is the same agent. I signed with her almost a year ago and she has stuck with me through one book not selling already. I'm very, very lucky to have her.

Hopefully, in a couple of months, she'll be lucky to have me.:)

David McAfee

God of Squirrels
Registered
Reaction score
Wow, *sniff* you are all so confident in me! I feel special. I admit, my confidence has taken a bit of a header today, but you all have *really* made me feel better. Thank you so much.:)

Well, to be honest, Aprilynne...I only commented for the rep point. :tongue

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hijacking, but only briefly... I watched your son reading on YouTube. Quite the testament to the value of phonics. I know adults who have never learned how to sound out a word like he's doing. None of them reads for pleasure, of course, which is a huge loss.

Maryn, who now returns you to our thread

Status
Not open for further replies.