• This forum is specifically for the discussion of factual science and technology. When the topic moves to speculation, then it needs to also move to the parent forum, Science Fiction and Fantasy (SF/F).

If the topic of a discussion becomes political, even remotely so, then it immediately does no longer belong here. Failure to comply with these simple and reasonable guidelines will result in one of the following.
    1. the thread will be moved to the appropriate forum
    2. the thread will be closed to further posts.
    3. the thread will remain, but the posts that deviate from the topic will be relocated or deleted.
    Thank you for understanding.​

Feynman Diagrams

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Congratulations, you're officially my most revered Geek :D. Takes all the wind out of my sails for having balanced my checkbook properly this month, though.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
Congratulations, you're officially my most revered Geek :D. Takes all the wind out of my sails for having balanced my checkbook properly this month, though.

Don't underestimate the difficulty of balancing checkbooks. I gave up on that about 30 years ago.

And just last week I blew an excruciatingly simple arc length integral in front of a girl I was trying to impress.

"Wow," she said, "Just once around half the loop, right?"

"I'm still a b-b-b-bit scared of co-co-co-cosines," I stuttered snivelingly.

Deirdre

practical experience, FTW
Registered
Reaction score
Website
deirdre.net
I remember seeing those all through my childhood.

My dad taught the Feynman Course on Physics as a grad student.

When I was a kid, Feynman tossed me up in the air at a party. He was a lot of fun. I honestly thought he was really my uncle, too.

Higgins

Banned
Reaction score
I remember seeing those all through my childhood.

My dad taught the Feynman Course on Physics as a grad student.

When I was a kid, Feynman tossed me up in the air at a party. He was a lot of fun. I honestly thought he was really my uncle, too.

Although a step backwards on the path to Unified Field, thanks for posting this interesting bit of nostalgia anyway, Sokal!

I'm always going backward on my way to the Unified Field. The Feynman physics course books are pretty interesting...as much for what they say about the early 1960s as anything else, though of course if you suddenly wonder how to picture polarization properly....they can be very helpful.