PDA

View Full Version : Escapism

Jaycinth
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
I've been editing and such on my WIP and I realized I would rather be there than here.

True, they are being attacked by brain eating aliens and they've got political problems that make what is going on here [real meatspace] look like a skip through the park....

but I'd rather be there.

I've tried standing on the MS and pushing it through a mirror....

but I'm still here.

Anyone else just want to run away to the 'world' you've designed...and STAY?!?!?!?

MidnightMuse
10-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Well, they've only just begun colonizing the planet, so there aren't any flushing toilets yet, and they could run out of coffee before they manage to grow beans in this soil . . . but they're making cool discoveries, and will soon have the power to move between dimensions - plus that one guy is really hot - -

Sure, I wouldn't mind it one bit. :)

Roger J Carlson
10-29-2007, 06:28 PM
If I didn't want to be in the worlds I've created, I don't think I would have created them.

mscelina
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I find that I AM in those worlds more often than I am here. When I'm writing, I'm there. Trust me.

aka eraser
10-29-2007, 06:33 PM
I'll stick to reality thank you very much. A guy can get used to receiving a 6-digit salary for modding. Plus, nobody peels grapes and hand-feeds 'em like the scantily-clad slave girls on my island.

Calla Lily
10-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Can I borrow some of those drugs? You've got some GOOD ones. :D

I love my spec fic world. If you stay under the bad guys' radar it's fun to wander in, build a house, go fishing...

Jaycinth
10-29-2007, 06:52 PM
. Plus, nobody peels grapes and hand-feeds 'em like the scantily-clad slave girls on my island.

You've been putting yarn wigs on the popsicle sticks again, haven't you?

ChaosTitan
10-29-2007, 07:39 PM
Two of my worlds, absolutely. One of them, not so much.

Oddly, the two worlds I'd like to live in have ordinary people with cool, paranormal powers. The world I wouldn't want to live in is infested with vamps, goblins, trolls, Fey, and other such oddities.

Azraelsbane
10-31-2007, 08:50 AM
If I didn't want to be in the worlds I've created, I don't think I would have created them.

Ditto. Real life interferes too often for me. I knew it was time to take a break from writing when getting up in the morning became a chore.

JimmyB27
10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Of course - they have magic!

But then again, if I'd grown up there I'd probably be writing a book about our world going 'I want to be there, they have computers!'

Zelenka
10-31-2007, 05:18 PM
My alternate Edinburgh - no, because plumbing consists of throwing a bucket out the window after ten o' clock, the houses are five to eleven storeys high and there are no elevators, and the place is crawling with evil warlocks.

My other fantasy world I made up, I think I would want to live there but in one of the richer city states probably. I'd have the advantage of being an expert in every political and legal system there, seeing as how I made it up, so I could make a fortune too...

DamaNegra
10-31-2007, 05:40 PM
Yes, I'd love to :) Mostly I just slip away into my magic little world and pretend I'm there.

Jersey Chick
10-31-2007, 05:45 PM
I love the idea of slipping into the past - but just for a day or two. I think I'd miss my hairdryer if I stayed any longer. :D

Melisande
10-31-2007, 05:46 PM
In my current WIP, my characters are actually creating this world, so I guess that I am already in it.

Azraelsbane
10-31-2007, 06:54 PM
In my current WIP, my characters are actually creating this world, so I guess that I am already in it.

Same here, actually...but I miss my chars. *looks around and pouts*