THEY DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
:hooray::snoopy::Thumbs: :box: :Jump: :Trophy: :TheWave: :e2woo: :e2headban :Sun::snoopy::hooray::e2woo:

'Tis a proud day to be a New Englander.

blacbird

Registered
Reaction score
And . . . Alex Rodriguez has opted out of his Yankees' contract (something I didn't think he'd do). Mike Lowell is a free agent, in considerable demand (the Phillies, who have a good team, a weakness at third base, and money, would love him, and now that A-Rod is outathere, the Yankees likely will make a big pitch as well.) So . . . do the Sawx court A-Rod? Them and the Angels and maybe, just maybe, da Cubs, are about the only teams remotely willing to dangle the money necessary to sign him. The Mets have money, but they also have a young all-star third baseman (Wright) and shortstop (Reyes). Offseason domino-theory is now in full swing.

But, my son, who attends Berklee College of Music, a half-mile from Fenway Park, is not sleeping tonight, and this is definitely a case of the best team in baseball winning the ring, which doesn't always happen (re: last year). Congrats to Boston, they earned it and deserve it. Congrats especially to their manager, Terry Francona, one of the most decent and likeable people in baseball, who now has two championship rings.

And a congrats too to Colorado, who have a great young team that's likely to get there again before long, and who have another very decent and likeable manager, Clint Hurdle. And a League Pennant Flag to wave forever over their stadium.

caw

Last edited:

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score
SOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOXSOX

:Jump: :banana: :Clap: :partyguy: :snoopy:

:partyguy: :PartySmil

:e2bouncey :e2bouncey :e2bouncey :e2bouncey :e2bouncey

KTC

Stand in the Place Where You Live
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com
What's a red sock?

Maryn

Baaa!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I believe I'm in love with Jacoby Ellsbury. Mr. Maryn, a serious Red Sox fan, is good with that.

Maryn, who nodded off during the seventh but was awake for the end

Angie

Shaddup and lemme think.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.tranquiligeek.com
What's a red sock?

red-sock.jpg

nerds

of all the gin joints
Registered
Reaction score

LeeFlower

Lurker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annalee.dreamwidth.com
w00t w00t!

I missed the game, unfortunately, so this is how I found out (keep in mind that I'm a firefighter's daughter) :

Friend: dude, some idiot's starting a fire on the [campus quad] because the Sox won.
Me: The Sox won? SWEET.
Friend: ...
Me: oh, yeah, fires are bad.

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
HEY, you Ferret!

Red Sox won. Deal with it.

LeeFlower

Lurker Extraordinaire
Registered
Reaction score
Website
annalee.dreamwidth.com
Also, interesting tidbit I just learned about 'why it's called the World Series if the whole world's not invited to participate.'

Turns out the first one was sponsored by the newspaper The World, and the name stuck. This and other useless information brought to you by Lee's House of Esoteric Trivia.

Last edited:

rhymegirl

It's a New Year!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Also, interesting tidbit I just learned about 'why it's called the World Series if the whole world's not invited to participate.'

Turns out the first one was sponsored by the newspaper the World, and the name stuck. This and other useless information brought to you by Lee's House of Esoteric Trivia.

Thank you. I always wondered about that myself.

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com
My eyeballs are dusty...yeah, that's it! I'm not crying. Nope. Okay, maybe a little!!!

GREAT ALCS and WORLD SERIES QUOTES FROM THE HUBBY :
(Game three against Cleveland)
ME : Wow, the Sox are looking a bit low. Maybe they need some fluff girls in the dug out.
Hubby : You're not volunteering are you?!
ME: No, but I could make some calls.
Hubby: Hell, give me a pair of dish mittens and I'll do it! They need something!

(Last night after Mike Lowell's home run)
HUBBY : Oh man...I have such an erection for Mike Lowell right now! I'd even contemplate giving him one of my testicles for balance.
(Ya see, Mike Lowell is a survivor of testicular cancer and only has one juevo)

There were many others but I'll save them for my blog.

I can't believe they actually won again!!!!! Anyone here read the Sons of Sam Horn game threads?

Curt Schilling is the man!!! http://sonsofsamhorn.net/index.php?showtopic=24613

Let's hope John Henry doesn't court A-Rod. Theo intimated that the Sox want to keep Lowell -- I hope so. He's a class act and a hot bat. A-Rod's bat would cool if he came to Boston, I just know it. For the amount of money we'd dish -- that's the way it works. Schill will be back next year instead of Wakefield.

Shadow Ferret : Isn't there a nice kite flying tournament for you somewhere?

SHOUT OUT TO RED SOX NATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Sarita

carpe noctem
Registered
Reaction score
Excuse me while I barf on your thread... BLECHT! Whew, that's better.

My "friends" keep threatening that the Yanks are going to pick up Bonds in the off season. And A-Rod to the Sox? My knees are weak with dread. I might have to abstain from baseball next year if that happens.

Hey Foinah, trade you Papelbon for A-Rod?

All kidding aside, I'm a fan of the game. And when the best team wins, I can admit it. Oh well, maybe next year the best team will win ;)

Foinah

Smoking Monkey Smart Arse
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.foinahjameson.com