Should I edit my short stories be4 submitting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

writingchick

I submitted my children's short stories to review sources and many came back good. Now that I want to submit to Science Fiction paying markets, I'm questioning if I should trust the reviews which were both editorial and customer or if I should re-write some parts of my stories. :confused:

Last edited:

stormie

storm central
Registered
Reaction score
Still three blocks from the Atlantic Ocean
Website
www.anneskal.wordpress.com
If you have doubts and feel you should edit your short stories before submitting, then that tells you something. Read them out loud, to yourself, and you'll catch any places where the story doesn't flow or the dialogue doesn't ring true. Other people reading your work will give their opinion. Use their knowledge for grammar and spelling. Otherwise, go with your gut feeling.

writingchick

Okay, I was afraid that maybe I was being too picky on my work :)

TemlynWriting

The Tony Award-winning
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.temlynwriting.com
writingchick said:
Okay, I was afraid that maybe I was being too picky on my work :)

I'd agree with stormie about your gut feeling, but also, I'm pretty picky with my own writing. Often it comes to my husband finally telling me outright that it's never going to be "perfect" and I need to stop being incredibly picky and just take the dive and submit! Sometimes it's just time to take the leap, but do it when you're ready. In my case, I knew I was ready, but I just feared rejection. Roll with the punches. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.