PDA

View Full Version : QUICK...

Birol
10-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Quick, name three things you like about AW and/or MacAllister.

GO!

Angie
10-27-2007, 11:48 AM
I can be a total PITA and it's considered normal. (After all, Haggis and Rllgthunder are still here...)

Pretty much everyone is friendly and welcoming.

Even though Mac owns the place and could be a tyrant if she wanted....she isn't. She cares. Doesn't it just give you warm fuzzies? :D

Shweta
10-27-2007, 12:48 PM
I have to set my tea aside before reading threads here, or I'll go through far too many keyboards.

There's a real community, people who are true friends, even if we don't meet one another in person. It's a wonderful thing. It also means I can babble at 2am and not feel entirely alone.

And there are all sorts of good examples for me to try to be more like here, like Uncle Jim, who is so very knowledgeable (and prolific!) and Mac, who is among other things so incredibly patient.

Count #3 as also-filed under "reasons I'm glad I don't run this place" :D

dpaterso
10-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Ah, uh, oh, um...

AW is easy to remember!
Mac is easy! To spell, I mean. And doesn't judge me just because I'm... different.
We're an understanding caring hugging community! :Hug2:

-Derek

nerds
10-27-2007, 02:51 PM
only three?

1. The diversity

2. That words are cared about here

3. The competent stewardship, and that Mac and the Mods mix with the little people.

:)

(no one noticed that that was four things, right?)

Unique
10-27-2007, 03:09 PM
Beautiful
Intelligent
Fun

Nouns or Verbs - take your pick.

AmyDoodle
10-27-2007, 03:38 PM
The Freelance Contest/Joanne Kiggins (patient, kind, helpful, wise, tolerant. . .)

People don't raise eyebrows and summon the police about my odd sense of humor like they tend to do in the civilian world.

Mac recommended to Jenna my essay be included in Stories of Strength. Obviously, she recognizes pure genius. And takes bribes.

benbradley
10-27-2007, 03:55 PM
AW gives me something to do when I should be doing something else.

I mean, uh...:)

benbradley
10-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Here ya go:

1. The Sunday Night Flash Fiction Challenge.
2. The Sunday Night Flash Fiction Challenge.
3. The Sunday Night Flash Fiction Challenge.

Birol
10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
only three?

How about at least three? If you want to do more, go for it.

maddythemad
10-27-2007, 07:18 PM
1. always people on 24/7
2. hugely supportive and genuinely happy for you when good things happen (or else masking bitter jealousy very well)
3. sweet and consoling when bad things happen to you (or else masking vindictive jubilation very well)

:D

Don Allen
10-27-2007, 07:23 PM
1. Writing info you couldn't dream of getting anywhere else.
2. A kick in the ass from people who know what's good and what isn't.
3. Mac... I love the fact that he agonizes every time he has to "time someone out" or boot them all together. He'd make a lousy dictator.

Shady Lane
10-27-2007, 07:33 PM
1. The YA boards
2. I can talk to people without getting dressed
3. There's allllways someone on

KTC
10-27-2007, 07:35 PM
writers
funny
helpful

Birol
10-27-2007, 08:03 PM
3. Mac... I love the fact that he agonizes every time he has to "time someone out" or boot them all together. He'd make a lousy dictator.

{What does everyone think? Should we tell Don that Mac's a she, not a he?}

Ali B
10-27-2007, 08:07 PM
I laugh a lot here.
I can talk to other writers.
I've been here since the beginning, remember the board change, and only have a little over 200 posts and that's okay.

Cassiopeia
10-27-2007, 08:11 PM
*grabs a box of tissues*

I will endeavor to keep it to three things:

In the 14 months that I have been participating here, I have learned to believe again in following one's dreams. Without hesitation I have been given the generous support from so many of the people here. I've been coddled and walked through the steps of learning again. So many have been gracious enough to spend hours critiquing my work and encouraging me.

I have come to find that we as writers are the most amazing and funny people on the planet and that I am not alone in the challenges I face. The number of hugs, reps and PMs letting me know just that are humbling.

Finally, I have a profound admiration for Mac and her sacrifice, patience, and willingness to continue on with this community in spite of the inappropriate flaming she receives both publicly and behind the scenes. Her strength is an inspiration. I love reading her blog...yes I sneak a peak now and again. But most of all I love her Hello Kitty escapades JUST when we all needed them. This one's for you Mac .:Hug2: We just love you to pieces.

You know I could go on and on but I will return you now to your regularly schedule program.

TrainofThought
10-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Funny and talented people :crazy:
Always open (and I donít owe a bar tab)
Mac/Chunky and Mods devote their time to a great community :hooray:

threedogpeople
10-27-2007, 08:46 PM
the community
the feedback
the support

SpookyWriter
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
He'd make a lousy dictator.Mac is a man? I didn't know that...learn something new everyday here.

Okay, that's my three.

KTC
10-27-2007, 08:48 PM
I've cursored through your replies. I'm perplexed. Nobody has made KTC one of their three choices yet? Come on, people. I'm adorable.

The_Grand_Duchess
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
The people are nice, the atmosphere is great, and the drinks are free :)

OK, the first two are real. I suppose the third not so much. Although I'm sure if we had drinks they would be free. . . anywho, Mac is a caring leader. She may not know us all but she does take time.

Lyra Jean
10-27-2007, 09:05 PM
1. How we are a real community and welcome new members.
2. That we're helpful to each other with our writing yet we still have lots of fun.
3. How Mac and the Mods pull us back on track when we have too much fun and lose focus.

William Haskins
10-27-2007, 09:17 PM
Quick, name three things you like about AW and/or MacAllister.

- her collection of shunken heads
- the way she can hold her liquor, even at church
- her peter lorre impression

rhymegirl
10-27-2007, 09:24 PM
I've cursored through your replies. I'm perplexed. Nobody has made KTC one of their three choices yet? Come on, people. I'm adorable.

1. fun, interesting people
2. writing contests and writing info
3. KTC (he threatened to write my eptitaph if I didn't make him a choice)

MacAllister
10-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Aww.

I love the way people take care of each other, here.

The collected treasury of knowledge in this place boggles my mind -- thanks to people like Uncle Jim, HapiSofi, Victoria, Tish, Frank, Jenna, Medievalist, (and the list just goes on and on...)

And you bunch are my dear friends -- those of you I've known for years and met in person, and those of you I'm still just learning to appreciate.

SpookyWriter
10-27-2007, 09:49 PM
and those of you I'm still just learning to appreciate.And don't forget the ones who you count on to make things lively around here. Oh, and tonight is a full moon. Just saying.

P.S. You's okay person in my book.

JLCwrites
10-28-2007, 12:45 AM
1) KTC
2) KTC
3) Mac hasn't banned KTC yet. (At least not that I know of)

My REAL answers....
1) Friendly atmosphere
2) Great source for writer info.
3) Mac is fair and patient! (see note above about not banning KTC yet)

Don Allen
10-29-2007, 07:07 AM
1. Writing info you couldn't dream of getting anywhere else.
2. A kick in the ass from people who know what's good and what isn't.

No I did not know that Mac was a she and not a he because in all the times we communicated the subject never came up.... Okay I'm gender ignorant and I feel rather stupid at the moment but....... I would like to thank all the folks that gave me a rep point for being dumb, Sorry Mac.

sunna
10-29-2007, 07:16 AM
1) the excellent information and advice I have found here
2) being able to let off steam with people who don't think I'm bonkers when my characters take the story into their own hands
3) fair and thoughtful administration from people who give a damn (thank you, Mac!)

and 4) - because at least once a week I snort tea all over my monitor reading somebody's post.

Jaycinth
10-29-2007, 05:47 PM
1)Whenever I become 'full of myself' someone hits me with a pie.
2)Whenever I become immersed in a self-pity party someone hits me with a pie.
3)Mac (and Jenna) have figured out the exact perfect voltage on the spinal implants and they hardly ever zap me for using the word 'and' improperl........
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
:e2thud:

...n...e....more......

KTC
10-29-2007, 05:55 PM
1) KTC
2) KTC
3) Mac hasn't banned KTC yet. (At least not that I know of)

The quintessential reply. (Ignore the idiocy in blue.)

MidnightMuse
10-29-2007, 06:20 PM
1) http://www.mymidnightmuse.com/pie.jpg

2) http://www.mymidnightmuse.com/catgun.gif

and . . . um . . .

3) Sliding under the radar so no one sees what I'm really doing here :D

Voyager
10-29-2007, 06:23 PM
1. No one here judges me on my lack of fashion sense.
2. Making people spit on their monitors.
3. Mac's shoes always seem to match her kicky little berets.

Soccer Mom
10-29-2007, 07:34 PM
1. Trolls never find us here.
2. No one ever flounces
3. No one ever gets baninnated.

What? I've been camping. Did I miss something?

Oh.

1. Unbelievably good writerly information
2. Funny stuff that makes me spit tea (I can has more tea soon?)
3. Amazing people (including KTC). Even the mods are mostly awesome* and Mac treats the bad kids right, letting us play in our own padded cells and Hello Kittying us when get too bad.

*I'd say all the mods are awesome, but they made RT a mod and I can't get the wet aardvark smell out of my computer.

Cassiopeia
10-29-2007, 07:48 PM
*I'd say all the mods are awesome, but they made RT a mod and I can't get the wet aardvark smell out of my computer.

Aww, RT isn't so bad...he just needs a bit of a trim.

*flips the switch of the hair clippers and they buzz to live, happy to not be idle*

Oh RT!

*wanders off to find him* :D