Reaction score
Website
ktcraig.com

Last edited:

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Does it have to be a Canadian music show? The only music shows I can think of offhand which might be period are "American Bandstand" and "Soul Train".

kikazaru

Benefactor Member
Registered
Reaction score
How about "Don Messer's Jubilee" and don't forget "Our Pet Juliet!" I think Stompin Tom may have had a program as well as "The Irish Rovers"

Kikazaru, who lived where there was only one channel - the CBC!

frimble3

Heckuva good sport
Registered
Reaction score
Do you just want him to perform or to be interviewed? "The Tommy Hunter Show" is about the right period, there were guest performers, but I don't recall much talking. Maybe rather than a music show, you should have him on a talk show. Or, does the audience have to see him? I'll bet the CBC, then as now, interviewed a lot of local talent and played a couple of their songs on the radio. Or, if he did anything newsworthy, or had a hit, how about "Front Page Challenge"? I don't recall that they were all 'big names' - quirky and newsworthy would do it. And you don't get more Canadian than "Front Page Challenge".

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
You give a time range of 1975 to 76 for the interview. The Ian Tyson Show would work if the interview takes place in 1975... but not 76 because by that time The Tyson Show was off the air, according to a quick search I did.

reigningcatsndogs

Too sad for words.
Registered
Reaction score
Missing Writer??? May flights of angels carry you
I just discovered Gordon Lightfoot was on the Ian Tyson Show. Freakout now over. Crisis averted. I will put him on the Tyson show...I guess they had folksingers?

Carry on...
Ian Tyson's wife, Sylvia, was considered a folk singer (at least by most people), so I would think you're okay cause she was on his show.

Susan Flemming

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.susanflemming.com
Don't you just love it when everything falls together perfectly like that even if it does come after a bit of initial panic. Best wishes that the rest of the story falls into place as well.

Mike Martyn

Registered
Reaction score
How about "Don Messer's Jubilee" and don't forget "Our Pet Juliet!" I think Stompin Tom may have had a program as well as "The Irish Rovers"

Kikazaru, who lived where there was only one channel - the CBC!

"Julie, Julie, Juliet,
She's our one and only pet!"

I'd forgotten that hedious little ditty. Damn you!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I came in too late. I was going to say that a lot of country music shows would interview folk musicians. The line between country and folk is often a bit blurred and there's some crossover of genre and listening public.

Glad you worked it out and your character can now, officially, meet Ian Tyson!