Registered
Reaction score
o

Last edited:

Carrie R.

Procrastinating, clearly
Registered
Reaction score
I've asked this before but no one responded. Is there a cheaper way to subscribe to publishers weekly than their website? $240 is a lot for me. I homeschool my kids and we live off one income (left my six figure job).

You can get a discount if you belong to Romance Writers of America, but it's probably a wash. I'd recomment RWA, though, since you're writing romantic suspense. I don't even write romance any more but I've gotten so much from being a member that I keep it up.

litgirl

Registered
Reaction score
I think the best way to do PW is to wait until you're really ready to query and then do a one-month subscription. $20. Search everything, save everything relevant to your search, and then hit the queries. If some time goes by and you need to do another search, do another $20 subscription. But you're right, month to month does get really expensive.

Azraelsbane

Agony is defeat
Registered
Reaction score
In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the
Website
www.granitewindstarr.com
My hubbie (married almost 2 decades) didn't begin being supportive until last year (when I almost divorced him). Seriously. Life's too short. I gave up a lot of money for the life I have now and wouldn't trade it for the world. :)

My husband is supportive. He reads all my stuff and either really does enjoy it or lies well. ;) I'm the problem, not him. I don't do waiting, and I don't do rejection. At least not well. It basically adds up to, "I don't do this industry." Not for now. Thanks for your response though. :)

ORION

Sailed away years ago
Registered
Reaction score
Website
patriciawoodauthor.com
Actually Publishers MARKETPLACE for $20 a month is probably what you need - publishers weekly is nice to look at occasionally but really piles up- PM has listed deals for everything.

jamiehall

Bereaved Snarkling
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamiehall.org
My husband and I had "the talk" today, and I think I'm going to stop trying the writing deal all together. I don't want to end up bitter AND alone. So... good luck. Don't let it consume you.

Completely and forever? That's sad. If writing is what you really want, though, you'll come back to the writing life. Sometimes people do need a big long break.

Khazarkhum

Registered
Reaction score
My husband is supportive. He reads all my stuff and either really does enjoy it or lies well. ;) I'm the problem, not him. I don't do waiting, and I don't do rejection. At least not well. It basically adds up to, "I don't do this industry." Not for now. Thanks for your response though. :)

I walked away for a very long time after a disastrous relationship with an agent. (Professional relationship! ) :tongue

I got back into vis Fanfiction, remembered what I loved, and am here, about to start Query Hell all over again.

Meybe you just need a vacation for a while. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.