Does This Cover It?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacyOnTheFly

Hello. I'm about to send proposals to the agents who have requested them after receiving my detailed query letter. What kind of information should my proposal's cover letter contain? This is what I have written:

Thank you for requesting my proposal for (book title).The enclosed proposal features an overview, a sample chapter, and an appendix with sample sidebars, illustration ideas, and relevant articles. I hope this proposal piques your interest and answers all of your questions. Feel free to contact me for more information. I appreciate your time and consideration.

I know, it looks skimpy, but is it sufficient, or do I need to add additional info? Is it necessary to summarize and market the book again or will the agent be satisfied finding that information within the proposal?

Thanks.
-Jacy

RicMarion

Jacy,

I generally enclose a copy of the original query letter - agents are busy and sometimes forget what they asked for. That will usually get them back on the right track.
Most positive responses also say to write "REQUESTED MATERIALS" in big black letters on the envelope.

makes sense.

Hope this helps,

Ric

Status
Not open for further replies.