PDA

View Full Version : They're Doing My Play (Again!) Community theatre group, that is

rhymegirl
02-20-2005, 04:32 AM
The first time was on a cold January night. We had a small crowd but they seemed to enjoy the show.

I should mention that my play is a very short one, part of a group of plays dealing with ghosts, zombies, vampires, eckgwis, and of course, a mad scientist, Dr. Blob.

They're doing two shows this coming week on Friday and Saturday nights. :snoopy:

awatkins
02-20-2005, 04:57 AM
Wow, that's exciting! Congratulations. I like the subject matter, too. :Clap:

Rose
02-20-2005, 05:00 AM
Good going, Rhymegirl!

I'm not a playwright and never will be, but I'm curious about how you get paid. Do you get cash every time someone performs the play?

Rose

sthrnwriter
02-20-2005, 05:45 AM
Yay!!! :PartySmil Congrats Rhymegirl!!

rhymegirl
02-20-2005, 07:48 AM
Rose,

Cash? That would be nice. Actually, it's not that kind of deal. This is a brand new community theatre group, mostly young college students. My daughter's one of the players, she's 17. My oldest son (18) is the musical director and one of the technical guys.

Since they are just starting out, they have limited funds, so I told my son that if they were to write their own plays they wouldn't have to pay royalty fees to any established writer. I said I would write a play for them, someone else in the group wrote one, another person adapted one, and so on.

I guess my "payment" is the joy of seeing my play performed in front of an audience, their laughter, my name on the program, and knowing I did something I'd always wanted to do. And of course, it's a writing credit that might help somewhere down the road.

CACTUSWENDY
02-20-2005, 09:29 AM
..:Cheer: :PartySmil :Cheer: ........:Cheer: :Cheer: :Cheer: ....

........CONGRATES.....WOOOWOOOOOOO........