Anyone know any of the World Series guys personally?

September skies

cloud watching
Registered
Reaction score
under my September Skies in sunny California
Website
www.estheravila.com
Left handed pitcher Jeff Francis - the Colorado Rockies - I know him! And he pitched game 1.

I love it that we have a Single-A baseball club in our town. When you do, you can meet the guys, and get close to them, before they make it up to the big leagues.

Another one of our guys, Ubaldo Jimenez, will start the game tomorrow. In fact, he's treating a friend of mine, her husband, and their two children to game 4 -- and 5 if needed.

Former Oaks at World Series: P Jeff Francis, P Ubaldo Jimnez, P Ryan Speier, OF Ryan Spilborghs and Jeff Baker.

Go OaKS!....um, I mean....GO ROCKIES!

(I know, I know - we lost Game 1)

Lisamer

Registered
Reaction score
Can you call him up and give him a pep talk?
Says the woman who lived in Boston for nine years!:)

Ah, women are so fickle!

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
If I get the job I am applying for I could know many baseball players. . .

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
If any of you know Jacoby Ellsbury, I will pay money to have him in the same room. I want to smell him. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhjacoby.......I love you.

talps

It's all happening...
Registered
Reaction score
Oh dear Lord. Jen? Must you spray your Ellsbury obsession everywhere?

Jongfan

Insane, in a good way
Registered
Reaction score
I've had the pleasure of meeting some of the team through volunteer work..
I am also lucky to live near the tripple A division of the Sox and catch a few games there as well. Papelbon's brother pitches for them.

Congrats to Colorado for making it to the Series.

DominickEvans

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.literaryillusions.com
I know Detroit didn't make it this year, but I felt like sharing. I have Muscular Dystrophy. I was the poster child/junior goodwill ambassador in the early 90s for both NW Ohio & the State of Ohio.

I had the chance to meet all the players of the Mudhens, who are the primary farm team for Detroit, at an MDA event. I also had the chance to meet the 1968 World Series Championship Tigers (including Al Kaline) and see them play an exhibition game during this event. It was awesome! I still have a small bat Al signed for me!

I live in Michigan now, but I still like going back to Toledo to see the MudHens play! Detroit usually sends their players there to recover from injuries and you get to see a lot of eventual starters for Detroit who come from Toledo.