I am about to break 70,000

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
and I cannot wait!! I am already 10k over my 1st draft and I am not near the end. I knew 60k was too short for a romance and now it looks like I am going to make it to 80k! Wahoo!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Yeah, Baby! You can do it. I'm jealous, though, because I can never get a novel over 65K let alone 70K. Well done!

ajkjd01

I just have to be faster.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.addiejking.wordpress.com
Yeah, I just hit 70K the other day as well on this final rewrite and only have another 15K or so to rewrite and edit. WOOT FOR YOU!! I'm right there with you!

Southern_girl29

Registered
Reaction score
Way to go. That's a great number. And, I found the last 10,000 words of my novel the easiest to write, too.

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Congrats, Patrick Bateman!

Btw, do you like Huey Lewis and the News? Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercial and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humour. In '87, Huey released this, Fore, their most accomplished album. I think their undisputed masterpiece is "Hip to be Square", a song so catchy, most people probably don't listen to the lyrics. But they should, because it's not just about the pleasures of conformity, and the importance of trends, it's also a personal statement about the band itself. Hey Paul!

ccarver30

Nicole Castro
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
III - My pic is actually from the movie Equilibrium and Christian Bale plays John Preston. Coincidentally, Chris "plays" one of my characters in my book- guess what his last name is? This was before I even knew the movie existed. Weird stuff.

I only got to write for an hour last night, but I still wrote 900 words. Yay! :D
Thanks all, and congrats to the others that are hitting a milestone too!