• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Seeking Betas for Sci-Fi Novella

Status
Not open for further replies.

Denryu

The Inevitable Crash
Registered
Reaction score
Website
subsequentvisions.com
Hello All,

I have recently (about 2 hours ago) finished my first round of edits on a 98 page science fiction story that deals predominantly in virtual reality and am now looking for beta readers (at least one, preferably two), to go over it for me.

I am NOT a published writer, but like all writers that doesn't mean I wouldn't love to be eventually.

While grammar corrections are appreciated, my primary focus at this point in time is from a reader's point of view: is it entertaining, do I need to flesh things out? Are there plot holes that I missed? This sort of thing is where my mind is at on the story at this point in time.

I am also willing to do a story trade, so to speak (preferred genres: sci-fi, fantasy), in which I'll go over yours if you go over mine--on the grounds that you understand I WILL be participating in NaNoWriMo this year and any beta-ing I do won't actually start until December. (to the same token, NaNo-ers, I'm willing to wait.)

A sample of the story in question can be found in the 'share your work' section, here: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81385

Thanks in advance,
Denryu.

Status
Not open for further replies.