What if AW members had to continue Deep Thoughts by Jack Handy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meerkat

Claims the loan was a gift
Registered
Reaction score
"site, place, position" --Roget's Thesaurus
If there was a Star Wars type villian who wore a cape and trudged around ominously, but whenever he was about to say something sinister, popped off with some homespun homily from the Ozarks instead, I think that character should be named Darth Twain.

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
Why couldn't January, February, March, April, and May each have 31 days, and the remaining seven months each have 30? It would be a whole lot easier to remember than "30 days hath September...".

JeanneTGC

I *am* Catwoman...and Gini Koch
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ginikoch.com
Just once I'd like to see a romantic comedy where the female lead picks the guy she'd pick in real life. Sure, no one would go to see it, but it would make the world more balanced.

(My leetle Meerkat...is this "on target"? I have no idea...just trying to play along...

Meerkat

Registered
Reaction score
Close, Jeanne. Jack Handey was the author of those little blurbs on Saturday Night Live, also published as a small book, such as:

"It's a shame that families have to be torn apart by something as simple as packs of wolves."

or

"I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it."

dobiwon

Planning to retire for the 5th time
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
magind7.wixsite.com
I recognize the need for "Yield" signs; I just object to their use along Lover's Lane.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
If there was ever a fountain of youth, I think it should squirt Mountain Dew.

Meerkat

Registered
Reaction score
Say what you want about "profiling" and "data mining." I just think it's nice to finally get some recognition. Just yesterday, I received a letter addressed to the Safe Driver at (my address) and one from the community college to the Ambitious Working Professional at (again, my exact address!). They really do know me!

Meerkat

Registered
Reaction score
Sincerity really is the best policy. Whenever somebody who is talking to me says "Well I'm sorry, but I just think that..." and then they go into a long explanation about the way things should be, I stop listening right then. When they finish, I say simply: "You don't have to apologize to the likes of me."

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I bet if Shakespeare was lying on his death bed and suddenly realized that he could have just written free-verse poetry instead of sonnets, he might have been so inspired that he would have written a poem about his revelation, but he wouldn't have been able to decide whether to write it as a sonnet or in free-verse and before he could make up his mind, he died. So who's the stupid one now, Willie? Not me.

SherryTex

Working on 2nd WIP
Registered
Reaction score
Wash DC area, surrounded by overachievers
Website
www.sherryantonettiwrites.blogspot.com
When anyone says just kidding, and they've really said something insulting, I just visualize myself placing a call to the IRS to let them know that this person is defrauding on their taxes, then I go and do it, and to make sure they wind up in federal prison, I make cash donations to both political parties in their name with their address, accompanied by vitriolic hate mail. Then when they are dragged off to the federal penitentiary, I come to visit them behind the caged windows. When they pick up the phone to speak to me, I say, "Just kidding." Then I hang up and leave, remarking on what a wonderful sunny day it is outside.

WerenCole

Funny what? Do I amuse you?
Registered
Reaction score
I always wondered what the "Do Not Enter" signs really meant. I entered. Nothing happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.