Status
Not open for further replies.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
When I look at who's online, down at the bottom of the list, among all the Guests, there are a few instances of "Google Spider." What's that? I'm reckoning it's the Google search engine, searching. But then wouldn't Yahoo spider show up sometimes, or other search engines? I've only ever seen Google. Not that I've spent that much time checking who's online.....

-pkpk

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
I've seen the "Ask Jeeves" spiders, too...Heh--not that I look that often, either, of course...It kinda creeps me out, I picture this little sentient, robotic spider made of electrons in the nanostream.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
It'd be a great little pet. A personal Google Spider that crawls around the house and indexes all of your books while you sleep.

CindyBidar

Has nothing clever to say
Registered
Reaction score
I've seen them too.
pauk.gif

I had to stop looking at who was on line. Creeped me out too much.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Hooray!

The spiders have found us! The spiders have found us!

This is good news, really. It means we're getting indexed by the search engines. Soon, we shall take over the Internet. Mwahahaha!

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
PS to Richard

Have you ever really thought about that? I mean, I knew I was getting way too spoiled by technology when I realized how much I fantasized about being able to press "Control-F" in a print book to find the search term I was looking for.

It became instinctual. I'd be reading a book and know there was a passage on, let's say, yoga. I'd flip through the whole darn book looking for the word "yoga" to pop out at me, all the while thinking, "Control-F! Control-F!"

Deleted member 42

JennaGlatzer said:
Have you ever really thought about that? I mean, I knew I was getting way too spoiled by technology when I realized how much I fantasized about being able to press "Control-F" in a print book to find the search term I was looking for.

I knew I'd succumbed to the lure of silicon when I got to the bottom of a sheet of paper whilst taking notes and reached for the mouse so I could scroll down . . .

Last edited by a moderator:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
:ROFL:I'm so glad I'm not the only loon.

'Cause it always feels dumb when I say, "Hey! You ever feel like this..." and everyone goes silent.

This occurred just yesterday with my husband.

I said, "When you're sick, do you ever get caught up in imagining the ways to make yourself better immediately? Like, when I have a headache, I always think about a drill piercing through my forehead and me leaning forward so all the headache could just fall out. Or when I have a stomach ache and I imagine little elves washing away all the acids and garbage and giving me a fresh new stomach..."

I don't know why I assumed anyone else ever thinks these things. He's rarely looked at me so strangely.

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
Actually, Jenna, I do. When I'm sick with a cold or something, I'd imagine the little white blood cells donning armors and weapons and killing all these little buggers... when I have a bad headache, I'd imagine they're like pieces of chocolates, and my brain would eat them all one by one...

Works like a charm. :hooray:

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
GOD BLESS YOU, RAY

Can I tell Anthony that you're nuts, too? I feel so much better having company on this one. I blame it on my parents... when I was sick as a kid, they'd tell me to concentrate on my good little cells fighting the evil little cells and winning. My imagination sort of personified them and took it from there, I guess.

Richard

13th Triskaidekaphobe
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.richardcobbett.co.uk
JennaGlatzer said:

Heh. It certainly helps in e-books! I often download them to my PDA on long journeys.

reph

Fig of authority
Registered
Reaction score
maestrowork said:
Actually, Jenna, I do. When I'm sick with a cold or something, I'd imagine the little white blood cells donning armors and weapons and killing all these little buggers... when I have a bad headache, I'd imagine they're like pieces of chocolates, and my brain would eat them all one by one...

Works like a charm.

The Pac-Man theory of self-healing?

I think people in cancer support groups really use a meditation something like that to boost their immune systems.

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Jenna,

You're definitely not the only one! When I have a nasty sinus infection, I really wonder if it would hurt to jam an ice pick into my cheek to relieve the pressure. I've also considered snorting Mountain Dew to eat out the infection.

Sometimes, sickness can lead to interesting and irrational thoughts.

The one that gets my hubby is when I tell him about how I used to go to the bathroom as a kid.

(it's not gross; trust me)

When I was at school, I'd go into a bathroom stall and lock it. Then, I would pretend I had a disability and see what it was like to do all the "bathroom things." I did them blind, but that wasn't too hard. My favorite was pretending I only had one arm. More challenging. Try doing it without fingers!

Okay, I'm weird.

paprikapink

Bored fanatic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
paprikapink2.blogspot.com
I have this problem since we got the GPS "navigation system" in my car. I didn't think I'd even use it, but I've come to totally depend on it.

Now it's funny when I look at the radio in my husband's car and expect to see a little map of where I am. It's freaky when I'm walking and I look at that little space to my right...

-pkpk

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Heh--Google spiders have been trying to reply to threads, and getting "not allowed" error messages...

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
When I write something on paper and want to transfer it to my computer...I try to copy and paste it. Doesn't work though, I have to type it all out. :ROFL:

awatkins

Not harboring illegal parrot
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
Omg, Mac, that's creepy!! And, yes, Poppy, I've done the same thing. Tried to highlight something by dragging my finger across but it just didn't work. Go figure. :Shrug:

Last edited:

JenNipps

Have you JHS today?
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenifernipps.com
JennaGlatzer said:
I said, "When you're sick, do you ever get caught up in imagining the ways to make yourself better immediately? Like, when I have a headache, I always think about a drill piercing through my forehead and me leaning forward so all the headache could just fall out. Or when I have a stomach ache and I imagine little elves washing away all the acids and garbage and giving me a fresh new stomach..."

I do that, too. ANother one I've done (can't believe I'm admitting to this...) is to imagine butterflies in my stomach, making little balls out of the sludge & stuff, and ping-ponging them out so I can feel better.

Honestly haven't done that one in a while.

Betty W01

Empress of Cyberworld
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I have a migraine today, so my current fantasy may become reality: :Headbang:

See, I figure it'll either knock the pain out, or the headbanging will be so painful that it'll distract me from the migraine or at least my head won't hurt so much when I stop. Does that make sense? No? Pain does that to me - and just think, I haven't even taken drugs yet. Why am I here and not in bed? I'm online to make sure my assignment I sent in a day early got there, so I can medicate and go to bed.

Oh, joy, it did! I'm off! (I *heard* that...)

Poppy

Me, myself and I don't know
Registered
Reaction score
Oh, and sometimes when I can't find something or remember something, I start saying things to myself like "This page cannot be displayed" and "Loading...loading...loading."

And once, when someone told me a funny joke, I said "LOL" instead of actually laughing out loud.

Is there a support group for this sort of thing, do you think? :)

Moondancer

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jc-hosting.net
Medievalist said:
I knew I'd succumbed to the lure of silicon when I got to the bottom of a sheet of paper whilst taking notes and reached for the mouse so I could scroll down . . .

I must be really weird, in that case. Internet technology is my business... literally... but I find myself having to write the first draft longhand?

Status
Not open for further replies.