Dinner tonight?

Here's what's on the menu!

• Pizza Hut Express in the lobby at Target

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • there's gotta be a Burger King around here somewhere...

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Stop off at the grocery store and get something to COOK, dimwit!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Orlando's Bloomin' Eggplant at WTF BBQ

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Flood repairs are beginning next week and to keep two steps ahead, about 99% of everything is in storage right now. To delay going home for as long as possible tonight (but not so long the cat freaks out, thinking he's been abandoned), I need to stop off for a new pair of jeans. I was also thinking about stopping off for dinner along the way. Where should I go?

Last edited:

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
I've got everything from chicken to cube steak, rice to pasta, buttercup squash to soy beans... I'm cooking.

But you can't come over. So go shopping.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
I make something that is referred to as "white trash taco salad" around my house. When no one has an opinion about dinner, or when we're feeling poor, we get "taco salad." The funny thing is--when I was a poor college student, it's all I ever fixed. In fact, back in those dark days, it wasn't even called "taco salad." It was just called "dinner." *Sigh*

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
Mmm...pizza...

(Disclaimer: in my youth I worked for Pizza Hut for almost two years. Pizza became a staple food, something I could to this day eat at every meal. I just have a family that stops me, damn them.)

Reaction score
I GF-grilled a gammon steak, 'cause it only takes five minutes and I couldn't be bothered waiting longer than that.

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
I GF-grilled a gammon steak, 'cause it only takes five minutes and I couldn't be bothered waiting longer than that.

What's gammon? Anything like Salmon, Mahi-Mahi? I'm just a poor ol' Texan and we're having beans and cornbread tonight! Really we are, it turned cold here after about 90 degrees yesterday. Today it got windy and rained with the temp dropping to 53 degrees right now! So, I wanted something warm and homey tasting!
I love to cook and usually make tons of food that most wouldn't during the week, but if I'm tired - forget it! I hope you go buy something already prepared and that sounds good for yourself tonight, you have to be tired from moving things around during repairs, etc.!

D.J.

Registered
Reaction score
Turkey Lurkey, please change your avatar! I cannot take it any longer! I am trying to diet and it is just plain evil of you to make me have to see those fabulous looking cupcakes!!

Marlys

Resist. Love. Go outside.
Registered
Reaction score
This week, I've been cooking autumn-inspired vegetarian dinners from scratch, instead of the usual throw supper together out of the pantry meals I tend to serve when I'm writing (or most of the time). Last night, I made cream of carrot soup. Tonight I made potato kugel and red cabbage with apples, and served them up with pumpkin ale and pumpernickel.

But it was a lot of work. I still recommend pizza if your stuff is all packed up. Don't even need silverware.

Chameleon

I less than 3 you!
Registered
Reaction score
if i tell you, will you promise to stalk me?
Listen, I have intense cravings lately. I swear, I'm not pregnant. But now that someone suggested pizza hut, I want some. Now. But I guess, I'll just have to be content with my mom's cooking (spicy rice with extra spicy shrimps and some pound cake for dessert.)

Unique

Agent of Doom
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Meatballs of Fire - special recipe, secret sauce. :D

JLCwrites

Registered
Reaction score
We just had turkey meatloaf and salad. Hope your place is repaired soon!

Last edited:

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
So hope things are better for you and the repairs go quickly and smoothly.

Wow, I'm in 7th heaven (and the show's off the air now) ... Everything sounds so good. We had pizza. It was yummy.

threedogpeople

This is my BEST side!
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
threedogpeople.blogspot.com
OMG - Two of us going through the same thing at the same time. What are the odds?? I am enduring day 11 of living in the bedroom with hubby and 3 dogs because the hardwood floors are being redone. Only 6 more to go and we can move furniture back in the rest of the house and, thank goodness, all the dusting has been done (ceiling to floors).

Judy

PS Eat real food as long as possible, not having a kitchen for 2 weeks gets old, esp. when the only fast food around is a Subway Sandwich or a microwaved dinner.

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I wound up stopping at Dayton Macy Field's (first it was Dayton's, which was bought out by Marshall Field's, and in turn bought out by Macy's, thereby giving the shopping advocate in one of the local newspapers palpitations because, ghod forbid, Macy's isn't Dayton's) on the way to my bus stop and picked up some turkey almond salad. Tonight? Who knows.