PDA

View Full Version : You've done this before, right??

reigningcatsndogs
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Someone PLEASE tell me that you've done this!!

I have been trying to find one item for my son for his birthday. It was supposed to be out in stores about two weeks ago, but no one around here had it. I've been checking e-bay, websites, stores constantly, and finally this morning, while checking on the internet I found it in stock in one of the local stores. Yahoo, right!!!

So, what do I do? I run out to buy it. Cept I didn't know I was wearing my slippers till I got to the store -- my giant fuzzy pink freaking slippers!!! The problem really is that I never noticed it till I was at the electronics store -- AFTER going to the bank!!!!

I am sooo embarrassed. I am afraid to think of what the bank manager is writing in my file right now!! Someone PLEASE say you've done the same thing.

WittyandorIronic
10-22-2007, 10:08 PM
lmao. Nope, sorry. You are SUPER weird.

ha, j/k. Could of happened to anyone!

brokenfingers
10-22-2007, 10:14 PM
I didn't know that bank managers had access to your permanent record. Wow.

maestrowork
10-22-2007, 10:16 PM
No. I am usually nude in my house so if I ever go out, I ALWAYS remember to put on clothes and shoes.

III
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Part of the Bank Secrecy Act requires bank managers to report transactions over $10k or trasactions by people wearing "unusual footwear". Prepare for the FBI probe, RCD.

reigningcatsndogs
10-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Part of the Bank Secrecy Act requires bank managers to report transactions over $10k or trasactions by people wearing "unusual footwear". Prepare for the FBI probe, RCD.

THIS is supposed to make me feel better??:eek:

Maryn
10-22-2007, 10:25 PM
Of course I have, except mine were blue. I've done it in high school, college, and as an adult, multiple times. So far I have evaded arrest, but it's surely a matter of time.

I have also worn a left shoe from pair A and a right from pair B to work, and had no recourse but to keep them on all day. The heel height was about the same, and the closet was dark.

Maryn, snappy dresser

Elincoln
10-22-2007, 10:35 PM
Not footwear, but I did drop my daughter off at school wearing PJ pants with green froggies once.

Alright it was twice, I was in a rush.

Soccer Mom
10-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I ran out and forgot I was in pajama pants slippers. At least they were flannel jammies with full coverage. :D I met someone to unlock the church for an event he needed to set up for and was showing him around. He kept giving me funny looks. Finally I looked down and saw my teal, fuzzy slippers. And the jammies.

So you're not a freak unless I am.

Oh.

Sorry.

You ARE a freak then.

reigningcatsndogs
10-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Of course I have, except mine were blue. I've done it in high school, college, and as an adult, multiple times. So far I have evaded arrest, but it's surely a matter of time.

I have also worn a left shoe from pair A and a right from pair B to work, and had no recourse but to keep them on all day. The heel height was about the same, and the closet was dark.

Maryn, snappy dresser
Oh, Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!:roll:

Except, wait!! I never thought of that!!! The long-standing joke in my family is that my sister did the mis-matched shoe thing when she went to a concert one night. She was in a hurry and grabbed two different shoes -- they weren't even the same color!!! I HAVE to make sure they don't learn about my slippers, because they will be merciless!! Maybe it's genetic?:Wha:

Elincoln
10-22-2007, 10:43 PM
Could be worse.

In High School, I would be so rushed to get out the door, I would forget to put on a bra. Thank goodness for Catholic School sweaters.

Angelinity
10-22-2007, 10:45 PM
So, what do I do? I run out to buy it. Cept I didn't know I was wearing my slippers till I got to the store -- my giant fuzzy pink freaking slippers!!! The problem really is that I never noticed it till I was at the electronics store -- AFTER going to the bank!!!!

were you humming this at the time...

Rock'a rock'a boat now
I see so many people on my way
everyday and everynight led astray
and all them empty faces now on my way
I wonder will they ever stop will they stay
And I wanna know if it's alright
Yeah I wanna know if it's alright
Won't you please rock my boat now
it needs to be rockin'
yes its alright it's alright
it needs to be rockin'
I ain't ever goin' down this old road
I'd rather sit here rocking my own little boat
so take a break and hear me out for today
we all gonna jump into my boat and sail away
And I wanna know...
Won't you please rock...
You may laugh of what you see
but there is nothing wrong with me
I like to sit here all day long
just rocking my boat and sing my song
Won't you please rock my boat now...

Angelinity
10-22-2007, 10:47 PM
Could be worse.

In High School, I would be so rushed to get out the door, I would forget to put on a bra. Thank goodness for Catholic School sweaters.

...anything below the waist, though???

JLCwrites
10-22-2007, 11:08 PM
ON TOPIC - When I was in high school, I wore slippers all the time. Then, when the 'yard dogs' weren't watching, I would (gasp) go barefoot. (Yes, I know HS campuses are filthy) I think I got two warnings and written up once. It was my only way of being rebellious without my parents knowing.

NOT REALLY ON TOPIC, BUT THE REBELLIOUS COMMENT REMINDED ME OF THIS - The only time I really got into trouble was when I re-enacted the 'O' scene in When Harry Met Sally during my economics class. I was sent to study hall for disrupting the class. Later I gave the teacher a note with an apology, which brought my grade from a C- to a B+. He said he was impressed with the letter. (Personally I think he was impressed with my 'O' scene.)
BTW, it was part of a dare with the boy sitting next to me. To see who would do the scene the loudest, and in case you are wondering, I won. ;)

BACK ON TOPIC - Where I live, it isn't that unusual to find people in the grocery store wearing flannel bottoms and slippers. I guess I live in a casual city. I bet running errands was more comfy with slippers on!

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 11:14 PM
No. I've never left my house wearing pink slippers.

I did however put on two different shoes once and wore them all day and didn't notice they weren't matches until I got home that night.

joyce
10-22-2007, 11:17 PM
When I use to have a real job I did the mismatched shoe thing once. The shoes I wore to work were so bad I drove home to put on some real ones. As far as slippers, yep I've done it quite a few times in fact. The few times it does get cold here I wear these furry slippers cause I'm freezing at 50 degrees. I don't know how many times I've entered the grocery store wearing the darn things and didn't realize it. I figure I just look like a freak. They are so comfortable I wish I could wear them all the time. I've even had people in the store point out that I'm wearing bedroom slippers.

JoeEkaitis
10-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Once made it all the way to the front door without my dental appliance (false front tooth). Cathy caught it when we kissed.

reigningcatsndogs
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
So I guess I'm in rather good company then!!!!

The_Grand_Duchess
10-23-2007, 12:00 AM
I had rainbow fluffy slippers that I wore everywhere. My sister walks around barefoot becuase she's a dirty dirty hippie.

No offense to hippies.

Maryn
10-23-2007, 06:39 PM
Us clean hippies take no offense.

Last night Mr. Maryn and I were totally wiped out. (I nearly dozed off while reading, and he at his computer, which I'd think harder to do.) So mindless TV was in order. We watched a rerun of America's Funniest Home Videos and saw one where a guy is driving a light blue and a brown shoe with very different uppers on a search for their perfect mates--because his wife wore one of each to work. I thought of this thread immediately!

Maryn, who laughed

Angelinity
10-23-2007, 07:28 PM
No. I am usually nude in my house so if I ever go out, I ALWAYS remember to put on clothes and shoes.

and when you have guests over which one(s) of you conforms to the house rules -- actually, i shouldn't ask should i.