PDA

View Full Version : The AW "Mike Rowe is a hottie" club.

WittyandorIronic
10-22-2007, 09:57 PM
Soo.... I just wanted to know how many share my obsession/attraction to the snarkiest, hunkiest, manliest former opera singer on the Discovery Channel.

Please feel free to discuss how amazing his pecs are, discuss your impure thoughts, or how very sexy he makes sewers look.

scarletpeaches
10-22-2007, 09:59 PM
I've never heard of him. Therefore, he is not 'hawt'.

wyntermoon
10-22-2007, 10:00 PM
HELLO.

I wouldn't kick him out of my alligator-infested monkey retirement home- :e2brows:

WittyandorIronic
10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
WHAT?!?!?! You have to be kidding me. Mike Rowe, of Dirty Jobs, on the Discovery Channel. OMG you poor deprived woman!!! I'm crying for you right now.
His pictures don't do him justice. Not only is he burly and smoking HAWT, he is a former opera singer (super yummy voice), and he is Ultra snarky. He constantly cracks jokes and makes witty observations, about poo. /swoon. I swear to god, I could listen to him talk about poo all day long.

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Mike Rowe is a dirty boy.

http://www.cuyahogaproductions.com/photo_of_the_week_2005/2005.09.12.jpg

WittyandorIronic
10-22-2007, 10:06 PM
Oooooh... was that the charcoal episode. He was super funny on that one.

maestrowork
10-22-2007, 10:07 PM
From opera singer to poo... what a career.

Women have such strange tastes in men. :shrug: Anyone finds me hawt?

WittyandorIronic
10-22-2007, 10:11 PM
Sorry Maestro, my husband has a hard time competing with Mikey, so your sleepy kitty is a sad 3rd on my list. :(

And just cause my husband is reading over my shoulder bitching about me talking about Mike Rowe AGAIN, Mike is nowhere near as hot as my husband. Seriously. I swear.

kristie911
10-22-2007, 10:17 PM
I LOVE Mike Rowe. I think it's the voice that really puts him on the top of my hot list. Wow. :)

Ray, you're still second on my list, of course. ;)

BenPanced
10-22-2007, 10:22 PM
I think he's really cute, but my "ick" tolerance has seriously waned over the years, so I can't watch the show.

DeleyanLee
10-22-2007, 10:53 PM
I've never heard of him. Therefore, he is not 'hawt'.

I'm with you, Scarlet. And I even watch Discovery on a fairly regular basis.

Spiny Norman
10-22-2007, 10:58 PM
Pretty sure that Mythbusters and Dirty Jobs are the two highest rated shows on the discovery channel.

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 11:06 PM
I think he's really cute, but my "ick" tolerance has seriously waned over the years, so I can't watch the show.
But... you're a guy! We're supposed to love the ick.

C'mon, take the ick and make it your own.

I'm with you, Scarlet. And I even watch Discovery on a fairly regular basis.You've never seen Mike Rowe or you don't think he's hot?

Because Dirty Jobs is on ALL THE TIME! You can't freaking miss it.

For anyone who doesn't know, Mike Rowe also does the voice-overs for Deadliest Catch and Ghost Hunters.

Deadbeat 007
10-22-2007, 11:20 PM
I've been waiting for this thread for ages. 'Dirty Jobs' is definitely near the top of my 'favorite shows' list!

MidnightMuse
10-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Any man who'll crawl into a sewer is tops on my list.

Wait . . . I work at a sewer.

nevermind

DeleyanLee
10-22-2007, 11:34 PM
You've never seen Mike Rowe or you don't think he's hot?

Because Dirty Jobs is on ALL THE TIME! You can't freaking miss it.

For anyone who doesn't know, Mike Rowe also does the voice-overs for Deadliest Catch and Ghost Hunters.

I've never seen Mike Rowe and I've missed it every time without even trying. Now, Law & Order reruns--those I can't get away from.

Never watched the Deadliest Catch either. And Ghost Hunters has voice-overs?!? Really? I honestly never noticed and I own all the seasons on DVD. LOL!

maestrowork
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Any man who'll crawl into a sewer is tops on my list.

Wait . . . I work at a sewer.

nevermind

So the best way to get to a woman's heart is through her poo.

Noted.

brokenfingers
10-22-2007, 11:37 PM
Sorry. Does nothing for me.

MidnightMuse
10-22-2007, 11:39 PM
So the best way to get to a woman's heart is through her poo.

Noted.

Not exactly, but if you'll fix my toidy without screaming when the icky touches your hands, you'll move up five notches.

Cranky
10-22-2007, 11:46 PM
I've watched the show a few times, and yeah, I think he's pretty yummy. Reminds me rather strongly of my hubby, actually. :)

Didn't know he was an opera singer though. I learn something new everyday on this forum, I swear...

Lyra Jean
10-22-2007, 11:51 PM
Mike Rowe is a hottie. I love that show.
http://bothhands.mu.nu/archives/Mike%20Rowe%20cropped.jpg

brokenfingers
10-22-2007, 11:57 PM
I wonder if those responding could be kind enough to add why they feel the way they do about him.

Trust me - It's not for anything like "so I know what I need to be like blah blah blah" but more of a study in characterization.

What is it you find so attractive? The physical image? A certain personality characteristic? A certain physical characteristic? The face? The body? The voice? His mannerisms? Who he reminds you of? Whatever.

As a writer, I'm always interested in this stuff.

Southern_girl29
10-22-2007, 11:58 PM
He's definitely a hottie. I just love his voice. I could close my eyes and listen to him all night.

Soccer Mom
10-22-2007, 11:59 PM
It's the total package, BF. He's attractive, manly, fairly athletic, handy with tools, has a deep baritone voice and a quick wit.

:swoon:

I love a man who is good with his hands.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/dirtyjobs/wallpaper/gallery/wp1_800.jpg

WittyandorIronic
10-23-2007, 12:43 AM
Mike Rowe is so amazingly hot (have I mentioned that?) because he is a total package kind of guy. He is smart, funny, handy, can sing, and he is extremely good looking. Hot as in burly, manly, could wrestle a grizzly to the ground and then slap you on the ass and carry you to the tent for round 9. Phew. I'm sorry....what were we talking about?

Azraelsbane
10-23-2007, 12:45 AM
Sorry guys and gals, he just doesn't do it for me. ;)

maestrowork
10-23-2007, 12:45 AM
this is depressing.

WittyandorIronic
10-23-2007, 12:56 AM
Azrael.... I'm very disappointed. I denounce our twinness.

OMG Soccermom...I just can not thank you enough for that picture. Wow. All I want to do is stare at my background now, but as I am at the airport, I am trying to avoid weird behavior. lol.

BenPanced
10-23-2007, 01:00 AM
Plus, he's got a great personality. He comes across as engaging and funny on the few episodes of Dirty Jobs I've been able to stomach.

PattiTheWicked
10-23-2007, 01:03 AM
He's got a great voice, and he's freakin' hilarious, in addition to being really nice to look at. And there's something appealing about a man who doesn't mind getting dirty.

You know, at work and stuff.

Cranky
10-23-2007, 01:06 AM
Mike Rowe is so amazingly hot (have I mentioned that?) because he is a total package kind of guy. He is smart, funny, handy, can sing, and he is extremely good looking. Hot as in burly, manly, could wrestle a grizzly to the ground and then slap you on the ass and carry you to the tent for round 9. Phew. I'm sorry....what were we talking about?

That's why I like him, too, lol. The only edge he's got over my hubby is the fact that he can sing. :)

That said, seriously, my husband looks A LOT like him...they even share the same first name. It's sort of weird, actually, but it makes me feel better about ogling him, hee hee.

Lyra Jean
10-23-2007, 01:30 AM
http://www.behlerpublications.com/assets/pictures/authors/ramondwong.jpg

And he's local. He also talks to us.

scarletpeaches
10-23-2007, 01:31 AM
Well swit swoo - we have a winner!

choppersmom
10-23-2007, 01:39 AM
While I agree that Mike Rowe is, in fact, uber-hawt, I have to say, I love the pic of Maestro, if that's really his pic. I was always a softie for Asian men. I LOVE Grant from Mythbusters!! Brains, looks, and nerves of steel. Mmmm....

Lyra Jean
10-23-2007, 01:43 AM
I looked up Raymond K. Wong and that's what I got it mentioned "The Pacific Between" So I hope so.

If it's not please let me know right away cause it's really embarrassing otherwise ya.

maestrowork
10-23-2007, 01:56 AM
Thank God you didn't look up Playgirl July 1997.

Shadow_Ferret
10-23-2007, 02:49 AM
Thank God you didn't look up Playgirl July 1997.
You were in that issue, too? What a small world.

Christine N.
10-23-2007, 03:07 AM
Oh yes. H-O-T.

And the voice IS part of it. Totally.

And Ray, while cute, has a baby face. Adorable, though, totally adorable.

A. Hamilton
10-23-2007, 03:51 AM
I'm not familiar with Rowe..but those pics were a tease..would love to see how he looks dressed up.

Serenity
10-23-2007, 03:57 AM
Sigh... I love this thread.

I'm a Deadliest Catch fan, so I knew Mike's voice before I knew his face. Both lead to vivid fantasies.

Christine N.
10-23-2007, 04:06 AM
And he narrates for American Chopper, and narrated the first season of Ghost Hunters.

I know that voice on...uh...sight! LOL

Lyra Jean
10-23-2007, 04:29 AM
Is Mike Rowe single?

maestrowork
10-23-2007, 04:35 AM
Out of curiosity since i really don't know who he is (out of all the shows on Discovery, I don't watch Dirty Jobs): http://bethkujawski.blogspot.com/2006/07/mike-rowe.html

Draw you own conclusion.

Jersey Chick
10-23-2007, 05:04 AM
Squee...

sigh...

He does voice overs for commercials as well (at least one, but right now I can't remember what for - still swooning over the picture)

Yum.

Mud Dauber
10-23-2007, 07:39 AM
Never heard of the show. Never heard of him or heard his singing. On looks alone (cuz being female and all, I agree when someone's got the WHOLE package, it's not always about the looks), based solely off the pictures posted... meh. Not my type. Too all-American looking for me. I need more bad boy rock star-ish to show through, then we can talk!;)

JLCwrites
10-23-2007, 08:11 AM
http://www.freesmileys.org/emo/happy097.gif Love the description!

rhymegirl
10-23-2007, 02:51 PM
Soo.... I just wanted to know how many share my obsession/attraction to the snarkiest, hunkiest, manliest former opera singer on the Discovery Channel.

Please feel free to discuss how amazing his pecs are, discuss your impure thoughts, or how very sexy he makes sewers look.

Frankly, I have never heard of this guy.

Christine N.
10-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Ford. He does the voiceovers for Ford Trucks.

Shadow_Ferret
10-23-2007, 06:31 PM
And he narrates for American Chopper, and narrated the first season of Ghost Hunters.

I know that voice on...uh...sight! LOL
He's still narrating Ghost Hunters.

Ford. He does the voiceovers for Ford Trucks.

And appears in the commercials, too.

auntybug
10-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh....I am so with you guys! I love him! I am making my own shirt - "Mike Rowe for President!"
We cancelled TV many moons ago - I promised myself the DVD set for Christmas:D

Christine N.
10-23-2007, 06:50 PM
I had thought he was still doing Ghost Hunters, but Wikipedia just had him down as the first season. I remembered seeing his name on the credits, but forgot to look and see when that episode I saw it on first aired. I don't pay attention to the credits anymore. But I'll look this week.

ccarver30
10-23-2007, 06:59 PM
OOoohh, I love Mike Rowe and his furry chest!

jodiodi
10-23-2007, 07:10 PM
Adore Mike Rowe (even if he isn't the typical "Hot Asian Guy" I usually drool over). I think what really attracted me to him is his attitude and humor; not taking himself so seriously. My favorite episode was the killer monkey stalking him.

Also watch a lot of Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild. He gets naked every so often. Le sigh.

Mud Dauber
10-23-2007, 07:15 PM
OOoohh, I love Mike Rowe and his furry chest!
Ew.

Furry and chest should not be in the same sentence with the word 'love', unless you're talking about cute, cuddly animals.

Uncarved
10-23-2007, 07:24 PM
Mike Rowe has the voice and the funny wit that radiates through the show. Personality will always win over brawn.
That being said....
Ray is hotter than Mike Rowe :)

jodiodi
10-23-2007, 07:36 PM
Well, yes, Ray is a hottie. But then, I'm partial to Hot Asian Guys. Therefore, I must take aforementioned Hot Asian Guys out of the equation in order to make comparisons with other mortals.

Voyager
10-23-2007, 07:38 PM
At the risk of being controversial, he's got nothing on Digging for the Truth's Josh Bernstein on the History Channel. He's teh hawt AND a big old dork!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a372/RomeoFalling/jb3.jpg

Oooh a History Channel vs Discovery Channel smack down.

BenPanced
10-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Okay, how can you resist this:
http://pics.livejournal.com/benpanced/pic/0004t5ke
I mean, HE'S GOT EYE CRINKLES, FER CRIMONY OUT LOUD!
*swoonage*

rhymegirl
10-23-2007, 08:38 PM
I guess I'm gonna have to check him out.

Let's see...do we get the Discovery channel? I'll have to find out.

WittyandorIronic
10-23-2007, 08:44 PM
In response to all -

I too love his furry chest, and there is NOTHING wrong with a hairy chest, Thank you! hairy back, not so much...but male chests are supposed to be hairy.

That history guy looks cute, but he looks like a baby! pfft, I need a MAN. no competition. :)

OMG, the eye crinkles are great. sweet pics everyone!

And jodi, that is TOTALLY my favorite episode too. He was so hilariously out of his depth, and willing to admit it, and that woman was plain mean to him. I also love the one where he makes the flower pots out of manure, only because he seems so amazed by how many different things poo can do. rofl.

And alright, ray is hot...but I think it is creepy to stalk someone you actually interact with, lol. So I will just keep obsessing over Mike. Sorry Ray. lol.

DonnaDuck
10-23-2007, 08:54 PM
I don't even have cable and I know who Mike Rowe is. So he's old enough to be my father. I've dated guys that old before. I mean, come on...have you seen him lately? There was one episode where he was in a wetsuit...rawr. He would probably be my perfect guy--not overtly hot but hot in a man's way (not emo, I wear too much eyeliner and girls clothes like you see now a days, ick), can open my jelly jars (I have a weak upper body) and unclog my toilets (although his fascination for poo is a little disturbing at times but I really think he's the only guy that can say poo that'll make me swoon). Great singer, fantastic personality and snarky. That sense of snarky humor is what really gets me. I just love watching him roll around int he dirt!

MidnightMuse
10-23-2007, 09:16 PM
Is Mike Rowe single?

My local radio station interviewed him a few months ago - he's hilarious, by the way - anywho, he mentioned his girlfriend doesn't allow him to come home in the clothes he goes to work in.

Must have an endless wardrobe, and a whiny girlfriend.

Lyra Jean
10-23-2007, 09:45 PM
Adore Mike Rowe (even if he isn't the typical "Hot Asian Guy" I usually drool over). I think what really attracted me to him is his attitude and humor; not taking himself so seriously. My favorite episode was the killer monkey stalking him.

Also watch a lot of Bear Grylls on Man vs. Wild. He gets naked every so often. Le sigh.

Bear Grylls is such a fake. I'm more of a Les Stroud is Survivorman kinda girl.

Deadbeat 007
10-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Bear Grylls is such a fake. I'm more of a Les Stroud is Survivorman kinda girl.

Oh, I love Survivorman! I think I'd go crazy, spending a week on my own in the wilderness.

Voyager
10-23-2007, 11:19 PM
Mike Rowe is too pointy.

writerterri
10-23-2007, 11:30 PM
He's quite the package if you ask me.

jodiodi
10-24-2007, 01:15 AM
I can't stand Survivorman.

Another good episode was where Mike had to dig up those Gooey Duck thingies. He had some nice snarky moments in that one. My husband likes the one where he was with the army guys and had to go through an ambush. Hilarious.

WittyandorIronic
10-24-2007, 07:18 AM
Mike Rowe is too pointy.

lmao. what on earth does that mean?

DonnaDuck
10-24-2007, 06:54 PM
I could think of a few things but I don't think that's what Voyager means!

WittyandorIronic
10-24-2007, 07:42 PM
HAHA. I swear to god, I originally read that as

I could think of a few things but I don't think that's what Voyeur means!
and I thought, "Well, it could be exactly what voyeur means." lol.

rhymegirl
10-26-2007, 06:52 PM
Okay, I finally watched the show Dirty Jobs so I could check out this guy.

And....the verdict is...

Oh yes. Very hunky. Nice voice, nice smile, funny, sexy, smart.

On the show I saw he was blowing things up with dynamite, cleaning up after a hippo, and running one of those scooper things.

WittyandorIronic
10-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Yesssssssssss. We have another convert! He's sooo smoking hot.

Cranky
10-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Yesssssssssss. We have another convert! He's sooo smoking hot.

Maybe we should change this from a club to a "cabal". Bwahahaha...

Oh, wait. That would scare off future converts, wouldn't it? *sigh*

auntybug
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
When do we get our club pins? I want to wear him between my boobs! :D

WittyandorIronic
10-26-2007, 08:01 PM

Ha!! Thanks a lot, now I have all sorts of raunchy thoughts running through my head. Mmmm...raunchy and incredibly....err.. nvm. lol.

PattiTheWicked
10-26-2007, 08:12 PM

http://images.cafepress.com/product/159717025v8_240x240_Front_Color-Black.jpg (javascript:getColorAndViewLarger('color_159717025 ', '/cp/moredetails.aspx?showBleed=false&ProductNo=159717025','height=610,width=650,scrollb ars=1'))

DonnaDuck
10-26-2007, 08:15 PM
Dude, isn't that what Cafepress is for? Heehee! Time to make a "Do a Dirty Job to Mike Rowe' bumper sticker...um...yeah...just look the other way...

Christine N.
10-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Ooo, we get pins???

How about "I'd like to get dirty with Mike"? LOL