Lack of new threads makes me :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

alainn_chaser

Kweh?
Registered
Reaction score
Going through the boards obsessivly isn't much fun when there are almost no new threads. So...

How often can you write uber (shudders to self at word choice) dark stuff before people look at you funny and you find yourself in a white room with padded walls?

Last night I was extremely bored and down so I tried to cheer myself up by coming up with a new book idea. Which does actually work for me if you're wondering but then I reliezed this is really dark. I then tried to come up with a less dark idea.

It was darker than the one before. WTF?
Does anyone care if a writer only writes really dark shit? :Shrug:
:flag:Help please.

Oh and as an after thought my new laptops' internet explorer is in french. I know french so its not that bad but still :Hammer:

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
I don't think there's any problem with authors who only write dark works, as long as they're well thought out and have realistic characters, rather than just being a self-absorbed exercise in the author delving into their own darkness. Alienation is much more intriguing than angst, imo.

Don't know what to tell ya about the IE being in French. You may want to start another thread in the technical help forum.

OverTheHills&FarAway

McNifico
Registered
Reaction score
Heh well I worry about that too. I'm a 21 year old girl, living in my parents' basement, and I worry what they're gonna think when they find out I'm writing a novel about a guy on Death Row :eek:

But dark is just a variation of light. I mean, life IS dark, at times. Why not reflect that with dark stories? I like to read dark things as long as the characters ring true to me. That's the criteria for ANY story I read. The characters have to be real.

Have they locked up Stephen King yet? Nope. You're good, I think.

MacAllister

'Twas but a dream of thee
Staff member
Boss Mare
Administrator
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
VPX
Registered
Reaction score
Website
macallisterstone.com
Why don't you post some of it in the brand-spanking-new YA SYW room, and we can talk about it there...?

:D

alainn_chaser

Kweh?
Registered
Reaction score
awesome idea.

(goes and checks sqeeling)

so yeah feel free to comment here but I might talk more in depth there. :)

Pamster

Summer time Blues
Registered
Reaction score
I have some YA Fiction I need to edit and repost in SYW in the new shiny subforum. Just not ready yet, haven't been working on it for awhile. But when I'm ready to post it I know where to post. I haven't been writing on much of anything for a couple of weeks, still thinking about revisions to make and whatnot.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I cry with the majesty of the YA SYW forum.

Ya basically we all hang around the random musings thread. We talk about anything. So definitely come hang out.

alainn_chaser

Kweh?
Registered
Reaction score
Yup so its up there now. Feel free to look.

Everyone's so happy playing in the SYW section were gonna spend less time playing here for now I think.

One last question. Can SYW be sharing ideas and synopsis? Or is it just your writing and we talk about that here?

Status
Not open for further replies.