PDA

View Full Version : RED SOX WINS!

mscelina
10-22-2007, 07:57 AM
And Coco Crisp (what a horrid name to grow up with--"Your mom named you after a CEREAL? Bwahahahaha!") redeemed his horrible postseason batting average with one heck of a catch to put the game away.

On to the Series! Yay!

ETA: OMG--A grammatical error in the TITLE? I must be slipping.

:headdesk

maestrowork
10-22-2007, 07:59 AM
Again?

Something's in the water.

Jongfan
10-22-2007, 08:01 AM
What a game... ALCS champions what a season..

mscelina
10-22-2007, 08:11 AM
the husband is a Red Sox fanatic. I SWORE after the last strike that I would never never never watch MLB again.

*sigh*

I lasted until the Red Sox won the series. To make it funnier, today is my husband's birthday. He thinks that God gave the Sox the pennant as a birthday gift from the All Mighty.

Jongfan
10-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Tell your husband happy birthday and what better gift than a pennant

mscelina
10-22-2007, 08:20 AM
his answer? A Wii.

Danger Jane
10-22-2007, 08:23 AM
YESSSSSSSS

and the patriots TOOOO

Hillary
10-22-2007, 08:41 AM
This was SUCH a sexy day for sports. I'm just insanely happy.. I wish I were still in Boston, I'd be able to go riot in the streets and make out with strangers.

Foinah
10-22-2007, 08:55 AM
It's a good day indeed!

Jean Marie
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
I saw the game in bits and pieces, I was at EMS and we kept getting calls. How annoying. I mean really, the Sox, people!!!

One of the guys checked the score on his phone at the last call :D

Hillary
10-22-2007, 06:15 PM
One of the guys checked the score on his phone at the last call :D

Sounds like my kind of man. Where can I get one of him?

Cath
10-22-2007, 06:26 PM
Bah. Yesterday I watched England lose the rugby world cup final and Hamilton lose the F1 championship. I couldn't bring myself to watch the Indians lose too.

It was not a good day for my teams.:cry:

MidnightMuse
10-22-2007, 06:38 PM
Well yesterday I watched the Seahawks run circles around the Rams, so I was in my happy place :D

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 06:40 PM
*yawn* Red Sox again. I was rooting for the Indians simply so there's be new blood in there.

DonnaDuck
10-22-2007, 07:09 PM
Awesome. So now the Sox have a chance of getting 2 series wins in 86 years. Another couple milennia and they might catch up to the Yankees. Well, keep rooting. Perhaps your great-great-great-great-great-great (10^5) grandchildren will be able to channel you from beyond the grave to let you know that the Sox finally caught up to the Yankee scoreboard. That's also assuming that they'll (the Yankees) will lose everything for the next 2000 years...and if that happens Steinbrenner will rise from the dead and beat the shit out of the current manager.

Azraelsbane
10-22-2007, 07:16 PM
his answer? A Wii.

He's right. My husband and I stood in line for 10 hours the day they came out, and we don't regret it. We <3 our Wii. :D

My husband was cheering for Cleveland and he was royally pissed they lost. This is his first year being into baseball. It took him a year or so to figure out what the heck the sport was about (he's Austrian), but he loves it now. After the game he screamed, "How could they lose that series?! They were so many games ahead! Cleveland is so frickin' worthless!"

My response: "What do you expect from the city that brought you the Browns?"

Also, on a totally unrelated side note, the Yankees are evil. Thank you for your time. ;)

DonnaDuck
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
Ah yes, but evul with a dynasty...heehee...

You have to give them some credit. They de-neanderthaled Johnny Damon.

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 07:32 PM
He's right. My husband and I stood in line for 10 hours the day they came out, and we don't regret it. We <3 our Wii. :D

I didn't think anyone stood in line for the Wii, unlike the new Playstation or XBox, people camped out days in advance for those. I remember when the Wii came out there were like 5 people standing outside the Walmart. Real gamers didn't give the Wii a chance of survival.

cray
10-22-2007, 07:41 PM
who / what are the red sox?

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 07:42 PM
who / what are the red sox?
It's a nasty neurological disease that causes your feet to bleed.

cray
10-22-2007, 07:46 PM
It's a nasty neurological disease that causes your feet to bleed.

but then, do you wash the blood off of your socks or do you leave it there for everyone to see?

Azraelsbane
10-22-2007, 07:51 PM
I didn't think anyone stood in line for the Wii, unlike the new Playstation or XBox, people camped out days in advance for those. I remember when the Wii came out there were like 5 people standing outside the Walmart. Real gamers didn't give the Wii a chance of survival.

Really? That's odd, because up until about two or three months ago it was impossible to get a Wii in my neck of the woods, and in the beginning Circuit Cities around the US did rereleases of the Wii every week for about two months because they knew they could count on a line. ;) The stats right now show the Wii sales in the US well above the PS3 and closing in on XBOX360 and sales worldwide are well past the XBOX360. Also, as stats show the Wii is the fastest selling console in history. Also, I've been what might be called a "real gamer" for as long as I can remember, and I was super excited about the Wii as it held the possibility of revolutionizing the gaming industry. I'm not disappointed in it and find plenty of time to use it despite owning a PS3 and XBOX360.

BTW, bringing this back around to baseball, Bases Loaded 3 was my favorite game for far too long, and I'm a Braves fan. ;)

EriRae
10-22-2007, 07:56 PM
There still aren't Wii's in stock here in DM. I don't think...I haven't been shopping for awhile.

To bring the thread back to its OP: I'll be a Red Sox fan forever...as long as they beat the Rockies. My ex used to work at Coors Field...yeah...LOSER. The year he leaves, they get to the series...coincidence? I think not.

Come on, Sox, make another Yankee fan a believer!

Shadow_Ferret
10-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Really? That's odd, because up until about two or three months ago it was impossible to get a Wii in my neck of the woods, and in the beginning Circuit Cities around the US did rereleases of the Wii every week for about two months because they knew they could count on a line. ;) The stats right now show the Wii sales in the US well above the PS3 and closing in on XBOX360 and sales worldwide are well past the XBOX360. Also, as stats show the Wii is the fastest selling console in history. Also, I've been what might be called a "real gamer" for as long as I can remember, and I was super excited about the Wii as it held the possibility of revolutionizing the gaming industry. I'm not disappointed in it and find plenty of time to use it despite owning a PS3 and XBOX360.

There still aren't Wii's in stock here in DM. I don't think...I haven't been shopping for awhile.

Now. I was talking back a year or so ago when these were all being released. All the media attention, all the hype, all the lines were for the PS3 and XBox 360 and no one had any hopes for the Wii.

I just picked up a Wii yesterday. I had to drive 60 miles to get it because it isn't in stock anywhere in town, whereas the other two boxes are.

Back to the OT: Not sure who I want to root for. I've never been a Boston fan and I'm certainly not a Rockies fan.

talps
10-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Reports say a group of about 6 rabid Sox fans in Venice, CA were seen dancing on the streets 'round midnight PST.

But again (ahem), these are just reports from unknown sources...

(woo-hoo!)

Foinah
10-22-2007, 09:05 PM
Where were all of you in AL East Love thread? Huh? Ah, my beautiful Red Sox!!! Ignore the taunts of the non-believers...shun them.

I think the Rockies are a good team but will simply be out classed by the Sox. It's classic NL versus AL bats and bull pen.

I love that Torre said no to another year. Way to stick it Georgie boy!!!

robeiae
10-22-2007, 09:19 PM
Bleck.

And will Manny finally take that mop off of his head?

Hillary
10-23-2007, 01:42 AM
Shush! Manny is being Manny. I wouldn't be shocked if he put an actual mop on his head, and had a damn good reason for doing it.

talps
10-23-2007, 03:02 AM
Sing it, Hillary!

I'm personally thinkin' of growing my own Manny mop.