• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Critique Partner Needed-Fantasy Novel-Evolved Vampires

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris M

Registered
Reaction score
I am looking for someone to read my 77K fantasy novel and would be happy to return the favor. I need objective feedback.
Thank you,
Chris

Chris M

Registered
Reaction score
Here's a little something about The Chaser:

Rane is in a bind. He has a few weeks to break a witch’s curse or all his friends will die. They’ve been soul chasers for hundreds of years, blithely inhaling the spirits of nearby villagers. But now, three of them are dead and four are trapped inside their castle. As the only one who escaped, Rane must find their estranged creator, Markin, before it is too late.

Along the way, Rane stumbles upon Tash and through her he discovers a vulnerability he never knew he possessed. In him Tash finds a comfort and a familiarity she cannot explain. She’s an edgy, young pure soul who was raised by Markin. Basically human, Tash has a unique gift that could help Rane—she is lightness to his dark. Together, they may just be able to kick this curse. Unfortunately, Markin turns out to be a fierce adversary and Rane is forced to seek help elsewhere. With a few clues in hand, he and Tash escape a pack of unruly chasers; rescue another pure soul; and find Dargon, the last vampire, who teaches them how to break the curse. Rane saves his friends in the nick of time.

Before Dargon dies, Rane learns the chasers evolved from vampires, which explains why he craves blood; and Tash discovers that Dargon killed her parents. The good news is Tash has a brother; the bad news is he hunts chasers—and she’s in love with one. In the end, Rane and Tash will test whether a pure soul and a chaser can make a life together or if their differences will ultimately tear them apart. The child that Tash is carrying will certainly be their greatest test of all; that is if they can survive the vampire that Dargon left behind.

emburmak

I am game if you are willing to assist me as well. I am in the process of finishing my first fantasy novel and feel I need a writing buddy/beta reader to have a second feel and improve my piece. Regards EN

Status
Not open for further replies.