PDA

View Full Version : Which tree did you fall from?

Carole
10-21-2007, 06:15 PM
http://www.wowzone.com/whattree.htm

It seems that I fell from a Rowan tree.

Melisande
10-21-2007, 09:42 PM
I definitely did not fall from the tree suggested, not after having read the meaning of it.

truelyana
10-21-2007, 10:26 PM
I'm a hazelnut tree apparently, and I agree with most that is said there.

plaidearthworm
10-22-2007, 12:46 AM
I'm supposed to be a weeping willow, but I don't love to travel, I'm not restless, and I have some of the cheesiest taste you'll ever come across. Definitely a dreamer, but not melancholy, just quiet. Maybe I'm just a willow without the weeping, tasteful part ;)

I see that the sycamore isn't on this list--I claim that in the name of Plaid.

Sycamore Tree
You're best experienced in autumn, when the afternoon sun hits you just right and you glow. You like being near water, but will drop your leaves in a second when stressed. You hang around a lot of bigger, showier, trees, but when times are tough, you stand tall on your own. You can beat the crap out of a Bradford Pear tree with one branch tied behind your trunk, but you would feel bad for the pear tree later, and you just don't need that much woody guilt. You help lightning bugs out of spiderwebs, because you think everyone deserves a chance to shine. And you like goofy, cheesy movies, but since you're a tree, you don't get out much.

Christine N.
10-22-2007, 03:57 AM
Hmm.. I'm on the line I think. My birthday is at the very end of the Poplar, but that doesn't really sound like me.

POPLAR TREE (the Uncertainty) - looks very decorative, not very self-confident, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership seriously

I am a decent organizer when I want to be, and I'm pretty reliable. But the next day starts the Cedar, which sounds much more like me.

CEDAR TREE (the Confidence) - of rare beauty, knows how to adapt, likes luxury, of good health, not in the least shy, tends to look down on others, self-confident, determined, impatient, likes to impress others, many talents, industrious, healthy optimism, waiting for the one true love, able to make quick decisions.

I'm very flexible and self-confident. Most of the rest is true to.

So I'm a poplar with a cedar rising :D

wyntermoon
10-22-2007, 05:01 AM
http://www.wowzone.com/whattree.htm

It seems that I fell from a Rowan tree.

As the mother of a Rowyn, I can tell you it's lovely!

I fell out of a fig.

Uncarved
10-22-2007, 05:04 AM
I fell from a hazelnut tree.

HAZELNUT TREE (the Extraordinary) - charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.

Carole
10-22-2007, 06:08 AM
These things are fun. Mine was pretty close on most things, but a couple were way off!

Shweta
10-22-2007, 06:30 AM
I apparently fell from the fig.

It kinda describes me but I wouldn't call it spot-on by any stretch.

wyntermoon
10-22-2007, 06:33 AM
I apparently fell from the fig.

It kinda describes me but I wouldn't call it spot-on by any stretch.

I found it to be about half-true in my case (figgy) but those leaves do come in handy. ;)

Monkey
10-22-2007, 07:31 PM
Hmmm...apparently, I'm from the Rowan. Seems too generic, though.

Also, my husband and oldest son would both be "Pine", and that doesn't sound like them at all. I'd peg them both as "Elm". :)

On the other hand, it "Apple" describes my youngest son PERFECTLY. It's too early to tell about my daughter...she's less than a year old. :)

Lyra Jean
10-22-2007, 07:45 PM
HAZELNUT TREE (the Extraordinary) - charming, undemanding, very understanding, knows how to make an impression, active fighter for social cause, popular, moody, and capricious lover, honest, and tolerant partner, precise sense of judgment.

I would say everything except a precise sense of judgment. I'm also a Libra which is supposed to cover the same thing no? My mom says a Libra is like a donkey between two piles of hay and starves to death because it doesn't know which pile to eat first.

I would say this pretty much describes me.

Shadow_Ferret
10-23-2007, 02:54 AM
HORNBEAM TREE (the Good Taste) - of cool beauty, cares for its looks and condition, good taste, is not egoistic, makes life as comfortable as possible, leads a reasonable and disciplined life, looks for kindness and acknowledgement in an emotional partner, dreams of unusual lovers, is seldom happy with its feelings, mistrusts most people, is never sure of its decisions, very conscientious.

Well, not sure what of cool beauty means and I don't care much about my looks or condition. Good taste? I like McDonald's and Pizza Hut. I don't think I"m egoistic and I like being comfortable. I'm totally undisciplined. Have no desire for an emotional partner. Yeah, I dream of unusual lovers, I'm seldon happy with feelings, mistrust most people and I'm never sure of my decisions. Not conscientious at all.

HorrorWriter
10-24-2007, 07:30 PM
Apparently, I fell from the Maple Tree. I do like syrup...

MAPLE TREE (Independence of Mind) - no ordinary person, full of imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

I don't have complexities, I don't have a complicated love life, and I don't set out to impress anyone. Everything else is okay...:D

PattiTheWicked
10-24-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm a Hazelnut too, which is mostly accurate, except for that whole "undemanding" thingie.

Jersey Chick
10-24-2007, 08:45 PM
I fell from the chestnut tree - and it's almost a perfect match

maybe the differences are due to whatever I fell in after falling out of the tree? ;)

CACTUSWENDY
10-24-2007, 08:50 PM
:) ....gee.....I have so much going for me.....

FIR TREE (the Mysterious) - extraordinary taste, dignity, sophisticated, loves anything beautiful, moody, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those close to them, rather modest, very ambitious, talented, industrious, uncontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable.

Sarita
12-04-2007, 12:10 AM
I saw some beautiful paintings of each of the month trees while I was in the south of Ireland. They were hand painted cards and the reverse side had information about characteristics of each tree. Beautiful. Too bad they were 25 EURO each! It would be an amazing baby gift, I think.

yanallefish
12-21-2007, 03:57 PM
Ye gods, no wonder I love maples!!!

Moon Daughter
01-03-2008, 05:55 AM
I'm a maple tree and I'd pretty much agree with most of it...although I'm sure I could also agree with a lot of other things from different trees. Maybe I really fell from a slutty tree.

MAPLE TREE (Independence of Mind) - no ordinary person, full of imagination and originality, shy and reserved, ambitious, proud, self-confident, hungers for new experiences, sometimes nervous, has many complexities, good memory, learns easily, complicated love life, wants to impress.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like other signs or "trees" are better than your own?

Death Wizard
01-03-2008, 07:04 AM
I'm a pine tree. Though I consider myself more of a Bodhi Tree kind of guy.

dadburnett
01-04-2008, 09:50 AM
Trees! I love trees - I once fell from an Oak (really) but more to the point, I must have fallen from a Fig tree. It gets a bit confusing 'cause I'm an itinerant tree sitter; climbing from fig to Gravenstein apple to Bing cherry to apricot.

Bartholomew
01-04-2008, 12:17 PM
It says I fell from a walnut tree. The description is somewhat accurate, but then, when you speak of a person in broad generalities, you usually are somewhat accurate.

small axe
01-11-2008, 04:36 AM
One of the funniest things my Grandma ever used to say was: "That boy fell out of the Ugly Tree ... and he must've hit every branch on the way down" :)

Sorry.

ETA: I didn't realize I was in the Pagan forum when I wrote that, yesterday. I meant no disrespect or flippancy.

Carole
01-13-2008, 07:53 AM
No offense taken. We Pagany types have a sense of humor, too. :D Plus, my mom has used that saying for as long as I can remember, too. It's pretty funny, really.

Gray Rose
01-18-2008, 11:27 AM
That's funny, so many hazelnut trees. They need to add "writer" to the description of hazelnuts. I don't think I'm really a Hazelnut, though I am definitely nuts.