Celtx Character Profile Question

J. Holmes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
topdogproductions.biz
Hi!

I've been using Celtx for a while now but have never had to print off a character profile/descript. from it. Now that I would like to I'm finding it very difficult because there doesn't seem to be an option to do that, but I'm left thinking that surely there must be. Anybody on here know how to? It sucks putting all that information into describing your characters on there and then not being able to have it all nice & neat on a single page.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
I'm not a Celtx user tho' I've got the software installed, where would you put this info, which menu options get you there?

-Derek

J. Holmes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
topdogproductions.biz
Thanks for touching back. Well, first I of course I input thier info for each character by constructing their own character pages and putting them into the project library. Then I would think all you would have to do is generate a report to print by clicking up above on Reports, but nothing. Nadda. NO option to even bring them up character by character and see what you've inputted. Quite frustrating.

DanielD

Registered
Reaction score
To J.Holmes.

Simply add a character report sheet from the Add Item drop down on the left, below the Project library heading.
Or alternatively, Left click on any of your present items in your project library, then right click , go to the add item , then scroll to you find your desired character folder(report).
Remember to enter a name for your folder(report).
You may have added your character report sheet from the production Items section, on the right hand side, this is for tagging certain production items for your Screenplay(Not individual Character reports).

I just printed up a Character report from the add item icon on the left, without any problems.
Give it a whirl, I'm certain you'll get the result you desire.
Daniel.

dpaterso

Also in our Discord and IRC chat channels
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Website
derekpaterson.net
Mucho gracias D, I was bustin my head tryin to figure it out. :)

-Derek

DanielD

Registered
Reaction score
De nada Dpat, no problemo.
Hasta entonces.
Daniel.

J. Holmes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
topdogproductions.biz
Thanks David. Sorry for being a bit of pain for not understanding your directions I guess, but when I left click (in the left production items menu in my character folder) on my character I wish to generate a report on and then right click to click Add Item as you advised I only get a list of other items to add below the character's file. Now, I can get the Character Info page to come up easily enough, but it's not in printable format or anything. Just has all the windows you can enter more info on the charatcer for. That's not what I want. I want a clean formatted page from which I can print out all the character's description .

DanielD

Registered
Reaction score
To J. Holmes.
The Character Profile page contains numerous sub headings,

Name.

Description.

Add Media.

Detailed Physical Description.

Character Traits .

Motivation.

Character Background.

This is definately printable, though I do not have Print Preview available prior to printing.

If this is not ample for your writing out an indepth character background,
why not simply add a plain text document using the same method as mentioned.
Of course this will take a little longer , though it may be what you will find more appropriate to achieve your desired goal.
Daniel.

J. Holmes

Registered
Reaction score
Website
topdogproductions.biz
Oh, okay. My apologies then. It just looked as if what was on the screen would only print and I wouldn't get all the information that wasn't scrolled up in the seperate information windows. Good deal then. Celtx is a great program and this was the first question I had with it really. Sorry for not understanding earlier.

DanielD

Registered
Reaction score
To J. Holmes.
No apologies required.
Hey! , I'm still tinkering with the software myself.
Though, if you have any issues with the software just post them up, I'll help out as best I can.
It is a great program( though still has a few minor glitches), one that will only get better due to the constant input by the many users, through the Celtx forums.
Also, if you have any tech(more complex issues), which cannot be solved here, the Celtx forums would be the place to go.
The staff there are fantastic(going by my constant perusing).
I initially had trouble a while back(thought I'd lost part of a script), though I wasn't logged onto the forums at the time, the support(through E-mail correspondence) , was prompt and very sincere.

Daniel.