News flash, you all snore.

-Derek

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Eryl, I'll give you a clue: she's 7 months old and I'm listening to her on the baby monitor right now.

And she's snoring.

Like a... snorer.

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Cassie, the most awesome thing happened yesterday: she slept until noon. Which meant I got to sleep until noon. I couldn't stop thinking, "I have the coolest baby on the planet. I don't even want to tell people how lucky I am and jinx this."

But she's seemed tired for 2 days now despite sleeping plenty, so I'm the eensiest bit worried that she's sleeping so long because she's not actually getting good quality sleep.

She just got over a cold, though. I'll wait a week or so and see if it gets better.

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
My son snored a lot when he was little. At about 12 months, they put ear tubes in his ears and at the same time, removed his adenoids because they were HUGE, according to the surgeon. It was no big deal, in and out in about an hour and back to normal within a couple days. He's 20 now, and never snores. Imagine, a grown man who doesn't snore?

Cassiopeia

Otherwise Occupied
Registered
Reaction score
Star to the right and straight on till morning.
Cassie, the most awesome thing happened yesterday: she slept until noon. Which meant I got to sleep until noon. I couldn't stop thinking, "I have the coolest baby on the planet. I don't even want to tell people how lucky I am and jinx this."

But she's seemed tired for 2 days now despite sleeping plenty, so I'm the eensiest bit worried that she's sleeping so long because she's not actually getting good quality sleep.

She just got over a cold, though. I'll wait a week or so and see if it gets better.
That sounds about right. With a cold and allergy season her adenoids are going to be swollen, hence the snoring. She probably isn't getting the best sleep because of it. I am sure they will go down. I would however, not wait a week but rather maybe by Friday if she still seems a bit tired and not quite herself to have her checked to make sure her cold isn't sneaking back in.

Btw...did I mention how much I love the pictures of you two in your avatars? Makes me smile every time I see them. :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
Thank goodness Piper doesn't snore. That's just for the dogs.

It's probably related to her being sick or the weather changing or any of those other things that affect the nasal passages this time of year.

And she could still be recovering from her cold, or she could be starting teething. Piper always sleeps a bunch when her teeth really bother her. But it's that time for Miss Munchkin, who is completely adorable, btw.

Jersey Chick

Up all night to get Loki
Registered
Reaction score
in the state of carefully controlled chaos
Website
www.kimberlynee.com
Sammi (my 6 yr old) snores when she's stuffy - cute little teeny snores (not at all like her father - altho he really doesn't snore since he lost so much weight in the hospital).

Jason - my 2 year old - snores as well. It's a cartoony snore - snerk.... zee... snerk....zee. I imagine a feather floating up over his nose, drifting back, floating up, drifting back...

But she might still be congested - it takes a while for the gunk to work its way out. :)

Old Hack

Such a nasty woman
Super Moderator
Absolute Sage
Registered
Reaction score
Both my boys snore. And one of my cats makes a noise like this when she's asleep: "paaaarp... paaaarp... paaarrrrrrp...." But it's OK, because they're all adorable.

Hope the lovely Sarina isn't ill, Jenna. Give her a kiss from me. Just the one, though. Don't over do it...!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Turn her over. She'll stop snoring and all the congestion and gunk will drain out onto the sheets. Yummy.

trumancoyote

My Name is Sweet Thing
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.janetismeantome.com
Psh. Women love a man who snores. Mah granny couldn't go to sleep when fat ol' papa wasn't snorin' next to her.

And any woman or girlyman who says they don't like it is a friggin' liar.

Oh. You're talking about your baby.

o_O Are you SURE she's not a 65 year-old man?

Rich

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I don't snore, but my wife does--like a low flying 747.

Jenna, ask the doctor if a humidifier would relieve it.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
That's awesome. Does he smack his lips in his sleep? My guy does. :D

III

rockin the suburbs
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jayyoungweb.com
Baby snores are about the most adorable thing in the world. Enjoy 'em Jenna. In fact, videotape them! You'll miss 'em when they're gone. And you can watch the tape with her when she's five and she'll laugh herself silly.

PeeDee

Where's my tea, please...?
Registered
Reaction score
Website
peterdamien.com
Baby snores are about the most adorable thing in the world. Enjoy 'em Jenna. In fact, videotape them! You'll miss 'em when they're gone. And you can watch the tape with her when she's five and she'll laugh herself silly.

And, even better, when she's fifteen. :)

tjwriter

Emerging Anew
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.kidscoffeechaos.wordpress.com
I don't snore, but my wife does--like a low flying 747.

Jenna, ask the doctor if a humidifier would relieve it.

My wife too. Man o man. Like semis down-shifting on the freeway.

You guys just described me...:D

My dad ran grown men out of a church lock in. One guy went upstairs and slept in the pews and another slept in his van. Sadly, he was diagnosed with sleep apnea and now must use a CPap machine.

sassandgroove

Sassy haircut
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
My Dad has a cpap. When I was a kid I could here him snore in my room, upstairs and on the opposite side of the house from him. Mom said once it wasn't the snoring that woke her, but when he stopped. Turned out he would stop breathing some in the night, hence the cpap. Now he actually gets some rest.

hope the baby is okay. What a cutie, and Jenna you look lovely with the flower in your hair.

NeuroFizz

The grad students did it
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I can snuggle in and listen to the soft riffs of toddler snores for hours. Problem is I want to cuddle and kiss the little tyke. If the snoring is fitful and loud--where the child is almost gasping for air at times, it's time to give the doc a call for advice. Otherwise, enjoy one of many things that make little Sarina a special individual of the human species.

If you are worried about it, trust your Mommie instincts. I am humbled in the presence of such insight and connection between mother and child.

Last edited:

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
Nick snored on and off since he was a baby...it was especially bad when he'd have a cold or when his spring allergies kick up. But since he's had his tonsils and adnoids out I can't even hear him breath in his sleep...even when he's laying right next to me. It's freaked me out a few times, I'll wake up and put my hand on his chest just to check! :)