what i learned at work today....

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
nope, not a teen in the 90's, thank gawd.

just something i picked up today that i'd never heard before. :)

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
heh. Just to caveat...you can also dye your scalp with kool-aid as well, and it does not fade NEARLY as fast as the kool-aid in the hair. Blondies watch out.

Last edited:

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
nope, not a teen in the 90's, thank gawd.

just something i picked up today that i'd never heard before. :)

I was, and I'd never heard of this either. I always miss the danged memos!:cry:

Carole

How 'bout some ether?
Registered
Reaction score
heh. Just to caveat...you can also dye your scalp with kool-aid as well, and it does not fade NEARLY as fast as the kool-aid in the hair. Blondies watch out.

Been there. Bubblegum pink on the hair is one thing. Bubblegum pink on the scalp, and people ask if you have a sunburn. Until they see the palms of your hands, also pink. Then they just giggle.

Shady Lane

my name is hannah
Registered
Reaction score
I used to try this all the time. Never worked on me, because I'm dark dark dark haired.

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
If it can do that to your hair, just think what it does to your stomach! Kool-aid is evil. Is there something wrong with drinking water?

Today, I learned my small dog is tall enough to rip a hole in the bottom of a garbage bag that sits on top of a garbage can. I also learned I have some really disgusting stuff in my garbage this week.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
I have some orange Kool-Aid in the fridge... Hmmm...

No silly.......use the powder....not after it's liquid!
We used to "lighten" our hair with lemons.
What did I learn?
We have a new postal worker......and if I may say....hubba hubba ;)

Okay.....I give...I learned that to make coffee ....you need to put coffee in the pot....if you don't you just get hot water. Also, when the bathroom light is on under a door........ALWAYS KNOCK, even if it says Womens......and you are the only female working in your office.
Wow......I learned a lot today!!

Last edited:

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
I learned that there are biscuits in the stationary cupboard.
At first I thought you meant as opposed to the cupboard that constantly moves around. And then I realized you meant the cupboard where you keep paper and envelopes.

WittyandorIronic

Registered
Reaction score
If it can do that to your hair, just think what it does to your stomach! Kool-aid is evil. Is there something wrong with drinking water?

I second this disgusting notion. My husband and his family are kool-aid freaks, and it totally grosses me out. I drink water, coffee, and every once in awhile i treat myself to a Scotch and Soda - non alcoholic version.

And of course then I drink lots of horrible for you alcohols. lol.

Red-Green

KoalaKoalaKoala!
Registered
Reaction score
At the publishing party, whacking the piñata
Website
www.bryngreenwood.com
Well, if we're all going to share what we learned at work today:
I learned that middle management types don't start out evil. The Evil just creeps up on them. I've gone from being in a strictly secretarial position to one that involves management responsibilities. Today, I almost did a lazy thing that was convenient for me, but would have created more work for my receptionist--classic management behavior. Almost slapped myself, and quickly adjusted my course of action. Yikes!

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
today i learned that a coin dealer will pay (around here, at least) $9.50 for silver dollars from the early 1920's. same dealer will pay $1280 for a bar of 100 oz. silver. wheat pennies go for two and half cents. silver certificates are about a buck and half.

preyer

excessively spartan
Registered
Reaction score
i was sick the past several days. the things i learned on the toilet are things you don't want to know about.

today, however, i'm told you can use the metal part of a cigarette lighter as a bottle opener.