PDA

View Full Version : Adams Media or AMACOM?

Levi
10-18-2007, 12:49 AM
Anyone had experience with any of these two publishers? If you had to choose between these two publishers for a business nonfiction book, which would you choose?

Thanks in advance.

SHBueche
10-18-2007, 04:12 PM
I am probably the wrong person to 'weigh in' with an answer (business books speaking, that is), but Adams Media has some terrific books. Plus, they are probably the publisher I would choose in terms of sales.

johnnysannie
10-18-2007, 06:01 PM
This is a personal choice more than business (because Adams Media has bought my work) but I vote for Adams!

Tish Davidson
10-18-2007, 08:13 PM
I've been published by Adams Media, although not a business title, and found them easy to work with and they have very good distribution. I know nothing about AMACOM. Of course, if you have offers from both, you should make a decision based on the specifics of each offer.

kimmer
10-19-2007, 06:37 AM
One vote for AMACOM! - based on the same reasons others voted for Adams - AMACOM is my publisher.

What I love about working with them is that they "got" my idea and understood the market better than the mega-publishers, even though my type of book was accepted as part of a new series for them. So far, so good. Not too much interaction but that will pick up because my manuscript is due soon.

I had read books by AMACOM prior to my agent's submission to them but didn't realize they were branching into parenting books. I did research on them beforehand but would never have approached them for my title. Good thing my agent knew about their new line.

My advice is that if you are doing submissions, send to both. If you are evaluating offers, they both seem to be good...pick the best match for you.

KS

poetinahat
10-19-2007, 06:39 AM
This should probably be two separate threads.

Or we could build a GoogleWars sort of app to compare any two publishers...

*boggle*