Locked out of "Private Messages"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rose

Escribo, entonces existo.
Registered
Reaction score
Will someone please me a private message? Oh, did that sound pathetic? Or just desperate?

I've been locked out of my private messages ever since I became a benefactor (hmmmm, curious) and want to see if receiving an email will correct things.

Here's what happens. I log in and click the "Private Messages" link under my name in the uppperish right hand corner. Then I click the link "You have x confirmed and x unconfirmed private message receipts." That's when I get smacked in the face with an error box that declares:
RoseReifsnyder, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Hmppff! Any ideas?

Rose

Birol

Around and About
Registered
Reaction score
I'll send you a quick PM but if you still can't get in:

1. Make certain you're logged on.
  2. Go into Take It Outside and post three new messages in the "Pad Your Post Count" thread. (I notice you're currently at 47 and I'm wondering if hitting the magic #50 will take care of the problem.)
  3. If neither of the above fix it, I'm stumped. We'll have to contact an admin.

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Birol. I guess I panicked too soon, the messages show up under the dreaded "You have x confirmed and x unconfirmed private message receipts" link.

That link still gives me the error message though. I wonder if that will change when I hit 50. What happens when the rest of you click it?

Rose

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Very weird!

Anyone else having this problem? I can't imagine why this would happen.

BTW: you should be getting *more* perks as a benefactor, not fewer... I set it so Benefactor Members can store 50 PMs... other members can have 25.

CACTUSWENDY

An old, sappy, and happy one.
Kind Benefactor
Requiescat In Pace
Registered
Reaction score
it did the same for me.....and i tried to do it to someone else's and it was the same message.....lol...

i just wondered what a private mess. was as i can get mess. .....

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Changed a setting

Tell me if anything changed.

If not, please explain to me one more time exactly what's going wrong-- I'm not positive I understand. You *are* able to read the messages, but you're getting an error when you try to see the read receipts? (I may be dense.)

Rose

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks Jenna - my account is working perfectly now! The "You have x messages...." link takes me to messages and no longer returns a stern warning box. I am allowed 50 PMs, too. Life as a benefactor is so sweet.

Rose

Status
Not open for further replies.