Moms with sons, look away!

Maryn

At Sea
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Funny how the firemen with the huge catching-trampoline thing aren't even in the frame. I mean, surely that's how it ended, the heroic firefighters catching the guy, right?

Maryn, whose son and bike are 300 miles apart--a good thing!

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
All I could do was look and have my face in that prefect little "O" just as every kid on the side line did.

I hate not knowing the outcome!!

joetrain

blank
Registered
Reaction score
he'll make it. all he's got to do is reach back, grab his bike, situate it under his crotch before he hits the pavement, and, bingo, roll away to the noisy admiration of his peers. done it a thousand times.

zahra

Was Zahra; lost profile - REBORN!
Registered
Reaction score
he'll make it. all he's got to do is reach back, grab his bike, situate it under his crotch before he hits the pavement, and, bingo, roll away to the noisy admiration of his peers. done it a thousand times.
You're a bad influence. See me after school.

And BTW, it's not just moms. I had a boyfriend who did stuff like that. Being about nine years older than him, I really tried not to do the 'mom's scared' thing, but... yeeks.

kristie911

Happy to be here
Registered
Reaction score
My son will never own a bike.

And though some of you are upset because you don't know the outcome, I don't want to see the landing on that. You know it frickin' hurt! :eek:

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
It's not just boys... My cousin's husband has crashed his motorcycle a few times, broken his rips numerous times, fractured his skull, crushed his nose, and had to have corrective surgery on his face. He still rides, and what could she do except insist on a hefty life insurance policy...

Voyager

Ribbed for your pleasure.
Registered
Reaction score
Things were looking a little grim for poor Elliot, on his first solo flight after E.T. abandoned him above the corner of 5th and Maine to use the phonebooth.

auntybug

teh other evil broad
Registered
Reaction score
I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing mysel
Website
www.junekramin.com
That would be my son - only rollerblades instread of a bike. I have a lovely shot of him upside down over a car. He landed OK...after breaking the windshield:) I got my brothers curse.."May your kids be as bad as you were." My brother was a stunt man for a short stint...breaking ones leg in 16 places fom the knee down ended that. I am surprised my son has never broken a bone! He's 24 and just as aggressive on a snowboard. Ahh...thats where the gray hairs are coming from! Thanks for the pic turkey. *goes to call son*

RumpleTumbler

Loves Joni Mitchell
Registered
Reaction score
I think that's a fake.

His right foot appears to be blocking view of a portion of the left handlebar. That puts the bike in an impossible position. Maybe it's just me.

jenngreenleaf

Here to network and learn.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jenngreeenleaf.com
Oh my . . . I'm *not* looking forward to when my boys (two of them) try to do this with their bikes. They're five and seven right now AND already setting up ramps. It makes me cringe, so I've hidden all the wood. :wag:

Bartholomew

Comic guy
Kind Benefactor
Poetry Book Collaborator
Registered
Reaction score
I hope the kid didn't die.

Or, alternatively, that it was kind enough to kill him.

Salem

query-impaired
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
It's not just boys... My cousin's husband has crashed his motorcycle a few times, broken his rips numerous times, fractured his skull, crushed his nose, and had to have corrective surgery on his face. He still rides, and what could she do except insist on a hefty life insurance policy...

I have one of those husbands. 40 years old and we still deal with broken backs, limbs and have various body parts pinned together.

Are there any pictures showing what happened to this kid? Did he come out of it okay?