Children's Health Concept/Picture Books

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Just new to this board. Can anyone provide information on publishers interested in children's health concept/picture books? I've written two books and plan to write more (sort of in a series) educating young children on health issues that can be brought to their attention in a non-intimidating approach. I've used the resource of my nursing profession in relating chosen health topics. Any direction on this would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

Debbie

Inspired

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't help you right now. I went to my library this past summer and searched bookstores online to find publishers for a health book I was considering writing. I know I found a few, but can't remember any names.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Inspired: Thanks for the reply. It is probably a narrow niche in the children's writing genre but hopefully there are a few interested publishers out there. Much appreciated.

Debbie

Tish Davidson

Registered
Reaction score
I can't off hand think of any picture book publishers interested specifically in health topics, but there is a big market for non-fiction elementary and middle school health-related series. Check out Lucent Books, Scholastic Library Services, Chelsea House, Enslow. All are direct to library publishers with health series if you're interested in writing non-fiction.

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Tish,

Thank you for that info. I haven't taken a non-fiction perspective on my books but it is certainly a thought and worth looking into with the publishers you mentioned. Perhaps they may even entertain the fiction approach I'm attempting to relate. Much appreciated.

Debbie

Kat

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.shorthandpublishing.com
health topics for children ...

Don’t know if anyone is interested or not, or if this helps. I’ve published, yes, self-published, the first three illustrated children’s books in a series I’m doing on a little girl, who, at the age five begins to notice her health declining. The series focuses on her journey, good times and bad, as well as her older brother who is her best bud, and protector from the bullies.

Last year I went to many elementary schools with these books, and the response they received was only positive. Actualy, some teachers asked if I was going to include a story specifically on teasing, (since this little girl endured much teasing while in elementary school.)

Although the first three stories don’t get too much into the health issues, they do lead up to it.

Anyway, just thought I’d share that.

Kat

Cabria

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Thanks KimS,

Tried that - "We are not currently accepting new manuscript submissions". Hmm...there's a surpise now. (Me thinks I heard that one before!) LOL

Anyway, thanks again!

Debbie
:)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Found this link of a publisher for you, Linda

Hi Debbie & all,

I found this link and they mention health & wellness that they're interested in.

http://www.whitecap.ca/

I've been looking for myself too, but haven't run across anything just yet.

Happy acceptances, Susie:)

Susie

Thanks, special friend for my avi!
Registered
Reaction score
Hi, Debbie & all

You're more than welcome. Hope it helps you. Have a great day!

Warm regards, Susie:)

Status
Not open for further replies.