PDA

View Full Version : teh funny

William Haskins
10-16-2007, 07:03 AM
..............another chinese toy recall...

http://www.lucianne.com/routine/images/10-15-07.jpg

Monkey
10-16-2007, 07:06 AM
I'm not really gettin' the giggles, here.

Sorry.

Perks
10-16-2007, 07:09 AM
Holy crap. I am.

ORION
10-16-2007, 07:12 AM
I'm glad I'm not drinking coffee...

Perks
10-16-2007, 07:13 AM
Yeah, try snorting triscuits out of your nose.

Medic!

Perks
10-16-2007, 07:17 AM
Nails are insidious and evil. A giant cheese grater is hilarious.

SpookyWriter
10-16-2007, 07:40 AM
Nails are insidious and evil. A giant cheese grater is hilarious.And this from the person who thought my Natalie Woods joke was morbid. :tongue

benbradley
10-16-2007, 07:46 AM
Parents everywhere are saying "No wonder their clothes wear out so fast..."

Perks
10-16-2007, 07:56 AM
And this from the person who thought my Natalie Woods joke was morbid. :tongueNatalie Wood is dead. I'm betting the kid in this photo is just fine. It's a little 'spooky' to have to explain these things.

Salem
10-16-2007, 08:02 AM
I admit it-sick as it is, I giggled.

SpookyWriter
10-16-2007, 08:07 AM
Natalie Wood is dead.What??? When did this happen?

Deadbeat 007
10-16-2007, 10:21 AM
:ROFL:

JoNightshade
10-16-2007, 10:42 AM
:roll:

It's like five minutes later and I'm still laughing... Time for bed. :)

WittyandorIronic
10-16-2007, 11:12 AM
hahahaha. Several rum and cokes and this picuter is friggin hilarious

CaroGirl
10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
That's a good one. I passed that along, between giggles. Thanks for sharing.

scarletpeaches
10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
That's a funny? I thought it was real. Aren't all playparks like this? If not, why not?

Perks
10-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Because band-aids are a pain the ass. Worse than children!

Stew21
10-16-2007, 05:05 PM
I shared it at work. I got one half-smile headshake, and two hysterical fits of laughter from it.

CaroGirl
10-16-2007, 05:06 PM
I shared it at work. I got one half-smile headshake, and two hysterical fits of laughter from it.
I shared it too. So far (it's early), I got one "cute" and one "it give me the willies".

Shadow_Ferret
10-16-2007, 05:15 PM
I know several little pains in the butts that I'd enjoy seeing go down that thing.

NeuroFizz
10-16-2007, 05:38 PM
But this could find a market--for removal of that cellulite on ladies (and men) with too much trunk...

CaroGirl
10-16-2007, 06:00 PM
But this could find a market--for removal of that cellulite on ladies (and men) with too much trunk...
Yes, but the amount of blood might be disturbing to some younger viewers.

shakeysix
10-16-2007, 06:03 PM
my sophomores loved it. and so did i--s6

Perks
10-16-2007, 06:10 PM
But this could find a market--for removal of that cellulite on ladies (and men) with too much trunk...That's it! You're a genius.

Beauty knows no pain.

Jean Marie
10-16-2007, 06:28 PM
Gives road rash a new definition. I likes it.

I'm never gonna look at a cheese grater the same, or a slide for that matter.

CaroGirl
10-16-2007, 06:29 PM
Gives road rash a new definition. I likes it.

I'm never gonna look at a cheese grater the same, or a slide for that matter.
And AW, with its awesome power, changes another life.

trumancoyote
10-16-2007, 07:41 PM
Heheh. It's funny 'cause you know he deserves it.

donroc
10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Wonderful -- made of solid lead too?????

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com

JLCwrites
10-16-2007, 08:05 PM
I dunno... personally I think it is cheesy.

(hehe)

jennifer75
10-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Parent's watch out!

http://i24.tinypic.com/2887fkj.jpg

Deadbeat 007
10-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I think someone posted this yesterday...

But yeah, I had a good laugh. :D

benbradley
10-16-2007, 08:43 PM
Don't tell me that thing has LEAD in it...

Backward Masking
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Looks perfectly safe to me.

brokenfingers
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Ok, I think most people here know me well enough to know that I'm definitely not a prude, am definitely not the overly-sensitive type and I'm able to take a joke -- but I'm curious about something here.

Now, I could be wrong, but it seems to me like some people are laughing at the kid and acting like he deserves it etc. for being a brat or whatever.

Now I'm just asking because I'm more curious about myself than anything.

I found this picture funny as hell but what I saw was a picture that showed how these toy companies are so money-hungry and eager to cut costs etc, that they would even be blind to such obvious defects in their products made overseas - as long as it didn't cut into their bottom line.

In my joke-view, while still hilarious; the kid is an innocent victim - the toy companies acting in concert with China, are the patsies.

Am I skewed?

Jersey Chick
10-16-2007, 08:57 PM
No - it's mercury, right?

That would be soooo awesome in my new backyard - where can I get me one of those? ;)

jennifer75
10-16-2007, 09:05 PM
No - it's mercury, right?

That would be soooo awesome in my new backyard - where can I get me one of those? ;)

You need to focus on those tomatos!!! not slides!

Perks
10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Am I skewed?Of course.

I would interpret any humor in the tone of that kid getting his ass grated (which is so damned funny to write I can't stand it) because he deserved it is just a little completely-safe-'cause-it-can't-happen swipe at all the bratty little kids you can run across in the average day.

Of course, behind every bratty little kid is a mile-long list of valid reasons and bullshit justifications for his unseemly behavior. Some days I'm interested in hearing that list and some days I'm not. On the days that I'm not, I can think of this picture and, all of a sudden, it doesn't matter quite so much.

A. Hamilton
10-16-2007, 09:09 PM
I found this picture funny as hell but what I saw was a picture that showed how these toy companies are so money-hungry and eager to cut costs etc, that they would even be blind to such obvious defects in their products made overseas - as long as it didn't cut into their bottom line.

In my joke-view, while still hilarious; the kid is an innocent victim - the toy companies acting in concert with China, are the patsies.

Am I skewed?
This is how I see it too. I'm not one to assert that kids are brats in general-but I do know my share of them.
Although, it may have been more effective drawn as a political cartoon-it's pretty realistic as it is, and makes me just a tad uncomfortable that I laughed so quickly.

brokenfingers
10-16-2007, 09:15 PM
Of course.

I would interpret any humor in the tone of that kid getting his ass grated (which is so damned funny to write I can't stand it) because he deserved it is just a little completely-safe-'cause-it-can't-happen swipe at all the bratty little kids you can run across in the average day.

Of course, behind every bratty little kid is a mile-long list of valid reasons and bullshit justifications for his unseemly behavior. Some days I'm interested in hearing that list and some days I'm not. On the days that I'm not, I can think of this picture and, all of a sudden, it doesn't matter quite so much.
Ahhh... Yeah, I understand that and saw that also but it just struck me as funny that while some saw it primarily as a panacea for brats (which I agree are a valid problem in today's world), I saw it, first and foremost, as a statement about the whole "chinese toy recall" thing.

It started me thinking about jokes and "getting it" etc. As a writer, I can't help but look at the different reactions to one stimulus and wonder. And yes, I'm easily distracted.

But I agree with your assessment, P.

Definitely skewed. :D

Mr. Fix
10-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Please explain to me again how Kentucky Fried Chicken makes "Chicken Fingers?":e2beat:

Jersey Chick
10-16-2007, 09:17 PM
Ohh... if I had a big wheel of cheddar to roll down the slide...

grilled cheese and tomatoes for everyone! :D

quick - I gotta find cheese!

Silver King
10-16-2007, 09:25 PM
I think someone posted this yesterday...
Yes, Mr. Haskins did. We'll join this thread with his.

trumancoyote
10-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Oh, pah. How could he possibly deserve it? Aside from his little booger-jerk haircut and geeky-dork-like-jerk-glasses, I've got nothing against his little fuckin', shit-eating... JESUS I HATE KIDS!!!!

GIVE ALL THEIR FRIGGIN' ASSES A GRATING OR TWO!

Perks
10-16-2007, 09:36 PM
Oh, pah. How could he possibly deserve it? Aside from his little booger-jerk haircut and geeky-dork-like-jerk-glasses, I've got nothing against his little fuckin', shit-eating... JESUS I HATE KIDS!!!!

GIVE ALL THEIR FRIGGIN' ASSES A GRATING OR TWO!Good lord, Tru. Spaz. Lol! I'm gonna make you babysit my kids. That'll larn you.

Jersey Chick
10-16-2007, 09:39 PM
I know a few kids I'd like to "help" down that slide. And it would make keeping my 6 year old in line soooo much easier -

"Do what mommy says or she'll make you go down the slide!"

Just to clarify, I do not condone cheese grating a child's butt. At least not most of the time ;)

trumancoyote
10-16-2007, 09:51 PM
Good lord, Tru. Spaz. Lol! I'm gonna make you babysit my kids. That'll larn you.

Yeah, or them. Little jerkfaces.

Perks
10-16-2007, 09:54 PM
Yeah, or them. Little jerkfaces. I don't know who would end up scarred more.

I'd find them twitching and you just a puddle of goo on the tile.

But, since I trust you with my very life, I suppose I can trust you with my housebeasts.

trumancoyote
10-16-2007, 10:01 PM
I'm actually rather lovely with kids :)

I hope they don't goo me :(

Perks
10-16-2007, 10:06 PM

I hope they don't goo me :(I have no doubt, my sweet and you're just weird enough that I'm sure my kids would adore you. Hey, they've got me for a mom. Poor dears.

Jean Marie
10-16-2007, 10:10 PM

I hope they don't goo me :(
Ha! I'll bet you're wonderful w/ kids, Zach. Can't fool me.

Great to see you, btw :D

jennifer75
10-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Ok, I think most people here know me well enough to know that I'm definitely not a prude, am definitely not the overly-sensitive type and I'm able to take a joke -- but I'm curious about something here.

Now, I could be wrong, but it seems to me like some people are laughing at the kid and acting like he deserves it etc. for being a brat or whatever.

Now I'm just asking because I'm more curious about myself than anything.

Am I skewed?

I'm confused. I laughed OUT LOUD at my desk when I saw this, but the "meaning" never crossed my mind. Am I simple?