What stupid things have you done today?

Deadbeat 007

Matriarch of Mediocrity
Registered
Reaction score
I had my dad buy me some apple cider vinegar after hearing that it was good at detoxifying the body and clearing up zits. I tried it for the first time this morning - a full tablespoon of the stuff, straight. Blech!! It's been a half hour and I still feel like I'm going to throw up. You'd think after smelling it I would have known better. :tongue

Your turn!

CaroGirl

Living the dream
Registered
Reaction score
Not today, but yesterday I threw a surprise 65th birthday party for my mil with 40 guests. Spent all day cleaning and cooking. They ate all the food and now my house looks worse than it did before I started cleaning it yesterday. I'm trying not to open my eyes when I enter the kitchen for another cup of coffee.

Stupid. Stupid.

Dawno

Shiny!
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
someplace around here, anyone seen my keys?
I got all excited that an item I'd bid on at eBay for my husband's birthday present was offered to me as a "second chance" purchase. Then I discovered (fortunately! and before I told the scammer anything) it was a fraudulent email. :( *sigh* I really wanted to get him that gift, too.

truelyana

Set yourself free
Registered
Reaction score
Website
expressiveworld.com
Well yesterday, I opened the Bathroom window to our kitten and she jumped in the bath with me. Not a very good idea. (She likes water, and finds it hard to distinguish) The bath water was covered in cat hairs, and so was I. :cry:

Last edited:

Perks

delicate #!&@*#! flower
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jamie-mason.com
Oddly, I crave apple cider vinegar from time to time. I'll drink a quarter cup of the stuff. Although this will come as no surprise to some.

JoeEkaitis

Certified Gray Haired Geek
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
A wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagi
Here's 6:00am to 12:00 noon.

book-thick-734202.jpg

maestrowork

Fear the Death Ray
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.amazon.com
I accidentally deleted all my messages on my Blackberry. GAH!

Fortunately, I have backups plus the original messages are still on the servers. Still, stupid!

DeleyanLee

Writing Anarchist
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I drove my manual transmission car an hour home from getting my both big toes minorly operated on. Yep, that was stupid. LOL!

Siddow

I'm super! Thanks for asking
Registered
Reaction score
I sat down to watch the Dr Phil show about the OJ book. But I'm redeemed by getting up after fifteen minutes to work on a non-fiction piece. And then stupid again for getting up from that to get online, and now I have to make dinner. Dang.

melaniehoo

And thus we begin the edits
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.melaniehoo.com
I agreed with my husband (no, that's not all) that it was a good idea to flip the fridge door this morning. An hour before we had to go to my doctor's appointment.

I've been bugging him to do it since May and he decided this morning was a good time. (It opens away from the kitchen & is hard to get into.) I didn't stop to think it would involve emptying & cleaning the entire fridge, then cleaning the counters and floors that were covered in water and fridge funk. It's beautiful and the fridge looks great, but neither of us had time to eat before the appointment which messes with the rest of the day.

WriterX

Happy Thanksgiving!
Registered
Reaction score
I'm getting my hopes up that the Falcons will beat the Giants tonight.

I got faith in ya' Joey!!

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
I didn't get to bed until 1am...woke up at 6am.
Got to work at 8:05am....late! (Cuz I forgot to gas up the night before, so I had to stop!)
Had data reports concerning employees pay asked for 4 hrs before deadline, then after submitting them and then having them looked over...I realized I bungled some ones hours for 2 days....so I had to send out a revised Excel spreadsheet that took another 30 minutes....so I missed my lunch....so then decided to eat a cookie and drink a Fuze (fruit drink) which only mad me sick after I took my med's.
Then I got home, tripped over the dog, fell into the hole she dug and had to call for my neighbor to help me to the house.....I bungled my knee.
Then I remembered I'd agreed to babysitting a few hours for a child who I am teaching English (he's Spanish) and I was hurting so bad, I probably said a few choice words (nothing too bad...just damn and hell) and he heard them!! I can imagine him going back to his family teaching them the nice new words he just learned.
Now I am watching Shaggy Dog.....when I would rather be writing, but it hurts too bad to sit at a desk chair and I hate typing on a laptop!!
So..............this enough for you?
Oh wait...you asked what stupid stuff I did today!

Last edited:

sunna

Registered
Reaction score
I decided to have a baked potato for dinner, and was too lazy to wait for an hour while it baked. I put it in the microwave and pressed the little

[BAKED POTATO]
button on the front.

I suppose it would have worked better had I poked some holes in it with a fork first. You wouldn't think one little potato could make so much mess.

*sigh* Up till then, I was doing so well.

Sunkissed27f

Banned
Reaction score
LMAO Sunna......try a hotdog!!

I abhor them, but my son loves them....so I tell him to cook it for 45 seconds....he puts it on for 45 minutes, before I realized, 5 minutes later what he had done!!

Thank you Suse......and Jersey...Lord I hope this wasn't a contest ....;)

Hillary

Neural Trailblazer
Registered
Reaction score
My best friend was in a foul mood today, and I took it personally when he left in a huff. I shouldn't have, and I made him feel guilty because even though I said it was okay, he knew I was upset when he left... So he was in a shit mood, and I made it worse. Stupid.